You're Perfect

Meeting By Coincidence

 

SIRRAH’S POV

A dark-haired man in a white rob was kneeling by my legs while I was in front of him in a long white dress, lying on a bed made of white, fluffy clouds. Where am I? I was distracted from finding out the answer when the man started tickling my leg with a feather. He lingered near my ankles, and then slowly started moving up my leg. It was tickling…but why did I have a weird feeling in my gut? And why did it feel like he was using lots of feathers when I could only see one in his hand? My vision started flickering. What’s going on? Slowly the light started fading out, even though I could still feel the feather slowly moving up my leg. I blinked my eyes a few times to clear my vision.

I wasn’t looking up at a blue sky anymore. Instead it was some black fabric illuminated by a soft yellow light. Where am I now? The feather…it was still there. I raised my head and looked down. Duvet? Tent? Oh, I was dreaming.

I looked around. Well that was a strange dream, I could feel the feather as if it was real. Something brushed across my leg again. What the hell? Am I still dreaming? I sat up and lifted the covers to look. My heart literally stopped.

O-oh my God… There was a huge, black spider on my leg. I started shaking. How do I get this off me? It shot up my leg, near the hem of my shorts. I tried to scream, but nothing but a small squeak came out. I gingerly slapped it off my leg with my shaking hand. Oh God, it’s so big. It was touching me. I scrambled up and shuffled away from where I had flicked the…thing. I need to get away. I looked to my side. Oh, of course, Kris was here. I crawled over him to sit on his other side. Calm down Sirrah, Kris will get rid of it. I placed my hands on his shoulder and shook him.

“K-Kris! Wake up please!” I whispered hoarsely. He didn’t even stir. I shook him again. “Kris!” My voice was quivering. I knew I was about to start crying any minute now but I tried to hold it in. “Kris!!” He twisted around to face me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me down next to him. What the hell is he doing?! Why won’t he wake up?? I tried to move away from him but his grip was too strong. I looked over his shoulder. The spider was slowly moving towards us. , , , , no please don’t come here!! I slapped Kris’ shoulder. “Kris wake up!!!” I spoke in normal volume now. He mumbled incoherent words. That is it! I slapped his cheek and his eyes flew open.

“What?! What happened?!” He sat up with his arms still around me, and I ended up lying in his lap. I looked back at the spider moving towards us and squeezed my eyes shut. I could feel the the tears welling up and my bottom lip wobbled. Don’t cry in front of him, Sirrah. I opened my eyes as a tear leaked from the side of my eye. Kris was staring at me with wide eyes. “Sirrah, what’s wrong?”

I tried to sit up but didn’t manage it with Kris’ arms around me. He let me go and I shuffled up, hiding myself behind him.

“Sirrah…why are you crying? What’s wrong?” He asked again, his voice filled with worry. I pointed a shaking finger towards the spider which was less than a metre away from Kris now. Kris turned his face to see what I was pointing at. “Oh !” He jumped backwards. He’s scared of spiders too? Great…now we’re both doomed. I sniffed and wiped my eyes as more tears spilled down my cheeks. “Uhhh...crap where did that come from?” He looked around the tent while I moved back to the opposite side of it and wrapped my arms around myself to try and stop myself from shaking.

I tried to keep my eyes away from the spider. Calm down, calm down. I saw it move from the corner of my eye, right towards me. I yelped and jumped to the right, into Kris. He grasped my arm and moved me to his other side. “Sirrah, hold on. Calm down, I’ll get rid of it.” The spider moved towards us again and we both shuffled around the tent to my side. What the hell is this spider?! Why is it following us instead of running away?! It came towards us again.

“Oh for heaven’s sake,” Kris exclaimed. I scrambled to Kris’ side of the tent. Kris was left on my side. He looked around frantically. Finally he spotted something and he grabbed it. It was a disposable glass and he slammed it down over the spider, trapping it underneath it. I could hear it scraping on the inside and put my hands over my ears. The sound disgusted me almost as much as the sight of it. Kris carefully manoeuvred around the glass and came over to his own side of the tent, sighing loudly. I was sitting in the corner of the tent, shaking badly. I was losing it, but I couldn’t stop myself. It was finally hitting me that the spider had actually been crawling up me, had actually touched me.

“Sirrah, are you ok?” Kris asked me. I shook my head. I’m sure he could see I wasn’t ok. He moved closer to me and reached out to pull me towards him, but I cringed away from him. I didn’t want to be touched by anything at that particular moment. We sat in silence for a short time while I calmed myself down – or at least stopped myself from shaking. I still couldn’t stop the tears from pouring. I had the urge to claw the skin off of my thigh but I supressed it. I looked at Kris. He was watching me with a worried expression. “You ok?” He asked. I nodded but didn’t talk.

Kris looked around, his eyes lingering on the glass. I thought I saw him shudder but couldn’t be sure since my vision was blurry anyway. “Hmm…you’re obviously not going to sleep there now…?” Kris pointed to my ‘bed’ which the glass was in the middle of. I shook my head. He scooted over so that there was a bit of space left next to him. “Here, come lay here.” He patted the space. I looked at his face. He didn’t look like he was in a y mode or anything, and to be honest, I didn’t mind right now either. I crawled over and lay down, looking up at Kris. He looked surprised but quickly straightened his face and lay down next to me. Our arms were touching, but it was comforting. He hadn’t exactly been a gallant hero, but he had saved me from that wretched arachnid nonetheless. I felt exhausted for some reason. I pulled my duvet from my side of the tent over me and quickly fell asleep.

LUHAN’S POV

Zara, Tao and I had sat up waiting for the fireworks to begin. But nothing happened. What’s going on? Bob…did Sirrah roll over you and kill you before you could even begin the mission? I carried on watching their tent intently, which was across the circle from ours. Maybe he really is dead… Suddenly, their tent shook. I perked up. Was it starting? I nudged Zara who was dozing off next to me. Tao had already passed out. I pointed to the tent, which we could hear shuffling from now. The whole tent was shaking. I was burning with curiosity. Maybe I should have put a hidden camera in their tent too! Nah, that would be a bit too much.

“What do you think is going on?” Zara asked, looking just as interested as me.

“No clue…” I mumbled. Tao moaned behind us and flopped around. Zara giggled at him. We watched their tent until after a few minutes everything calmed down and stilled again. What the hell? No screaming, no yelling, no saving?

“That’s it?” Zara seemed disappointed too. “Is Kris scared of spiders too?”

“He is…but he wouldn’t want to look like a loser in front of her. I wonder if he just squished Bob.” I frowned.

Zara laughed. “You actually named him Bob?”

“Well, why not? He was a good minion.” I told her. She laughed and shook her head.

“Ok, well it looks like nothing exciting is going to happen. I’m going to sleep.” She said and lay down next to Tao. I sighed and stretched out on his other side. She’s right. Bob’s probably dead and that means show’s over. RIP Bob…

“Goodnight.” I said to Zara. She wished me back and fell asleep. I fell asleep plotting more plans for Project OTP: SIRRIS.

***

A loud scream split the calm night. I sat up straight. What the hell was that? Tao and Zara were awake too. I crawled out of the tent, to find the others coming out of their tents too. The only tent that was still closed was Kris and Sirrah’s. So that was Sirrah screaming? Does Bob live, perhaps?! I felt a flicker of hope kindling inside me.

KRIS’ POV

There was a screeching sound right next to my ear. I was pulled violently out of my sleep. What the hell is going on?! I sat up and looked around. Sirrah was squirming around next to me, whimpering. I couldn’t see what was wrong. Didn’t I get rid of the spider? I looked at the glass…it was tipped over. I looked at Sirrah, and then I saw it. The spider was crawling up her arm, onto her shoulder. She was shaking violently and small sobs were coming from her. Her eyes were squeezed shut tightly, as a torrent of tears spilled from them. I lunged forwards, and flicked the spider away from her. Sirrah opened her eyes and turned her head to look at it as it turned and scuttled towards us again. What a cursed spider!! Sirrah shot up from her spot and lunged for the mouth of the tent. She tried to pull the zip up but couldn’t do it with her shaking hands. I moved forward to help her but someone beat me to it. The zip flew open and Sirrah fled out of the tent. I followed her. I didn’t want to get friendly with the spider.

I stepped out to see Sirrah clinging to Chanyeol. Her body was crushed against his, her head buried against his chest as sobs wracked her small body. Chanyeol was rubbing her back and hair. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked with a frantic look on his face. He looked at me, looking somewhat angry. “What did you do to her, hyung?” I stared at him incredulously. Is he for real?

“Why would I do anything to her?” I snapped back.

“Well, why is she crying, trying to escape from the tent she’s sharing with you?” He narrowed his eyes. He looked intimidating, since it was a far cry from his usual happy self, but it had no effect on me. I matched his expression. Xiu Min moved forward and and Sirrah’s hair, who refused to show her face.

“Sirrah, what’s wrong?” He asked her.

“There’s a huge spider in the tent that was crawling on her.” I answered for her.

“Oh.” The boys started chuckling in relief that it wasn’t anything serious. I wasn’t laughing though. I somehow felt guild ridden that I hadn’t been able to save her, even from a spider. And now I couldn’t comfort her either since she already had Chanyeol. I looked away and sighed.

“Noona, you’re so cute!” Kai said, patting her shoulder. She shrugged away from him. He frowned. “I’ll get rid of it for you!” He crawled into the tent. “Where is it?... Oh !” He fell backwards out of the tent. He looked at us. “That’s…kinda big.” I nodded.  He put on a determined face and dived back into the tent. He emerged a minute later with a struggling spider in between his thumb and forefinger. I looked away in disgust. How can he just touch it like that? He moved towards the trees with it.

“Bob!” Lu Han yelled and followed Kai. Bob? What on earth is wrong with that guy?

Chanyeol looked down at the still crying Sirrah. “You want to sleep in my tent instead?” He asked her. Jesus Christ, if only I had a gun! I moved forward, wrapping an arm around Sirrah’s slender waist, and pulled her away from him.

“I’m sure there’s not enough space in your tent. Besides, the spider’s gone now.” I snapped at him, while Sirrah hid herself behind me, not wanting others to see her crying I guessed.

“Why don’t you let her decide, hyung?” Decide between me and you? What is going on here? I looked down at Sirrah.

“Would you like to move into another tent, Sirrah?” I asked her.  Even though I was annoyed with Chanyeol, he was right that I should let her decide. She wiped her face and looked up at me with big, wet eyes. My heart ached seeing her so upset and vulnerable. I waited for her answer.

“I’ll be fine in here.” She said in a small voice. I looked at Chanyeol. Victory is mine, bro. He pouted and moved forwards. He cupped her face and tilted it upwards to make her look at him as fresh tears leaked down her face.

“You sure you’ll be ok?” He asked in a concerned voice. Sirrah smiled at him weakly, and gave his hands a gently squeeze.

“Yeah, I’ll be ok.” She said, her voice wobbling. Chanyeol gave her another hug. My chest felt constricted. He squeezed her, and then let her go, turning around to me.

“You better look after her, hyung.” He said seriously. I glared at him. I don’t need you to tell me. This feeling of hostility towards someone I consider my brother was alien to me, but I couldn’t stop it. Everyone moved back into their tents. I put my hand on Sirrah’s back and led her to our tent. She was still crying quietly. What can I do to make her feel better? I didn’t know enough about her to console her. An idea struck me. I ducked down to Sirrah who was sitting in the tent.

“I’ll be right back, ok?” I told her and turned around.

ZARA’S POV

I crawled into the tent to see Lu Han fuming and Tao watching him with a concerned expression. “What’s wrong with you, oppa?”

“I can’t believe she ran to Chanyeol after all that! All that hard work and then that Happy Virus ruined it.” He sighed heavily. “And I lost Bob as well. God knows where Kai threw him.” I chuckled at his reaction. We heard a noise outside and turned to see Kris ping our tent. He crouched down by the entrance. Crap…did he hear us? Kris rubbed the back of his neck.

“Uhh…” He hesitated.

“What brings you here, oppa?” I asked him tentatively.

“I wanted to ask you something.” He said. Lu Han raised an eyebrow at him.

“Sure what is it?”

“How…what…” He stopped. Wow…Kris gets nervous too? He closed his eyes and sighed. “How do I make Sirrah feel better?” He mumbled it without opening his eyes. Lu Han’s mouth fell open with an audible sound while Tao giggled quietly in the back. I tried to keep a straight face and looked at Kris.

“She just needs lots of cuddles and comforting.” I told him. He opened his eyes and looked at me with a blank expression.

“Seriously? Or are you joking with me?” His eyes narrowed slightly.

“Nope, no kidding. Honestly, every time she comes into contact with a bug I have to sit through hours of torturous hugging.” I told him. Kris turned his head to the side and looked around. He nodded once and then got up, walking over to his own tent. I turned to Lu Han. “Oppa, you should close your mouth before Bob decides to come back and settle down in it.”

He closed it and looked at me. “I can’t believe he just asked that!!” He clapped excitedly. “And good job on telling him that solution!” He giggled.

“Oh…I wasn’t lying. It’s the truth. She really does need hugs to feel better.” I told him.

“Really?” I nodded in response. He grinned. “Great.”

KRIS’ POV

I walked back to the tent. “She just needs lots of cuddles and comforting.”  But would she let me? I crawled inside and looked at Sirrah. She was lying down, facing away from me. I could hear her sniffling quietly. She’s still crying? God, she’s so cute… I watched her. Maybe she would fall asleep in a while. “Sirrah, are you alright?”

“Mhmm.” Her quiet voice drifted back. I let out a quiet sigh and zipped the tent back up to make sure no more critters got in, then laid down. I waited to see if she would stop crying or fall asleep. My eyes started to drift closed when Sirrah sniffed again. That alerted me again. It had been a while, and she still hadn’t calmed down. Should I? I watched her curl herself into a ball.

I reached out and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her towards and against me. She turned around and looked at me with wet but surprised eyes. I her hair gently. “It’s ok, get some sleep. Nothing will bother you now.” I didn’t know what else to say. Her eyes softened and she moved closer to me. I put my arm out for her to put her head on. She hesitated for a second, but then pressed her head down. I put my other arm around her waist and pulled her closer so her head was resting against my chest. She was stiff for a while, but slowly I felt her body relax against mine.

It felt amazing and surreal at the same time. There were sparks flying across my body from having her so close to me. Her petite, soft body was moulded against mine. It was almost as if I had my own personal teddy bear, made specially to fit perfectly with me. It didn’t take long for Sirrah to stop crying and calm down and eventually her breathing deepened as she fell asleep. Looks like Zara was telling the truth. I looked down at Sirrah’s now peaceful face. She was so vulnerable even though she pretended to be strong. I smiled and a stray strand of hair away from her face. You’re perfect. I leaned my face down and gently pressed my lips to her forehead, not wanting to wake her up. She sighed and her lips curled upwards slightly. She’s smiling? I felt my own lips quirking into a grin. I hadn’t felt this happy in a long while. She snuggled against me. I sighed in contentment and drifted into slumber. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Long update! This is still not the end of the tent saga!! At least i got the Bob part out of the way...he was giving me nightmares...

Now i'm off to London for the YG Auditions!.....(even though im not auditioning T_T) But i hope my sister passes \o/

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE MY DEARS! There is much in store for you guys yet and i wouldnt want you to miss out ^^ lol 

Also a big thank you to everyone who has subbed, commented, and supported my story so far ^^ you guys make me haaaappppppyyyy! 

Now bye! 

ENJOY! <3