Bubbles

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY 💖


 

After the fireworks show was over, we were taken up again for a second spin and we spent the ride sipping champagne and eating little foil wrapped chocolates that had been prepared in advance. Everyone was buzzing by the time we stepped off the Eye, and not all because of excitement. But they still looked like they had thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

”That was so much fun, right, hyung?” Chanyeol clapped Xiumin on the back. The shorter man grinned up at him goofily. It looked like he was already feeling the effects of the bubbly. Nothing wrong with getting a little tipsy on your birthday though, right?

”It sure was!” Xiumin beamed, and then turned his face to me. “I really CANNOT thank you enough, Sirrah.”

I chuckled. “I think you already have, Oppa.”

He shook his head in disagreement as I clapped my hands together. “And now... time for the grand finale!”

And with my words, Mr Parker and the other employee wheeled out the birthday cake. I had decided to carry on the flashy theme, because I had no shame, and gone with three-tier, EXO-themed cake.

 "It has all our symbol's on it!" Tao pointed to the purple icing shapes, Xiumin’s symbol being the biggest. There were sparkler candles poking out at all angles.

”No way...” I heard a few of the boys whistle.

”I’m sorry to all the people who had desert in Hakkasan earlier, but you’re going to have to it up and make room for the cake... or else...” I looked at them all with mock menace. ”Or else I’ll eat it all myself.” I laughed.

”I think you’re too small for that, noona.” Kai teased me and I narrowed my eyes at him.

”Don’t worry! We have plenty of space!” Chen nudged him and smiled at me, the other boys all nodding in agreement. I never could understand how boys managed to consume so much food. They must all be hiding a second stomach in their bodies that they failed to tell us about in biology class. Xiumin's face was glowing as we lit up the candles. They glittered to life and crackled, spitting sparks around them, as Xiumin closed his eyes to make a wish before he blew the candles out.

"What did you wish for?" Sehun asked his hyung.

"I wished that you would get fat after eating this cake." Xiumin joked with him, and the maknae pouted.

"Hurry up and cut the cake, hyung! It looks so good, I can't wait to bite into it." Baekhyun whined impatiently.

Xiumin grapped the knife which had a purple ribbon tied around the handle, and was just about to cut into the cake when he stopped. Everyone looked at him, questioning his hesitation. He looked up at me with hopeful eyes. "Will you cut it with me, Sirrah?"

My eyes widened in shock. I was a bit taken back with his request. "Me?"

He nodded earnestly. "Of course, you've planned this amazing night for me... for us." He motioned around to everyone around him. "So I'd like for you to cut it with me."

I looked around at everyone uncertainly. Wouldn't they be offended that he asked me instead of one of them? Instead of his leaders, or his manager? But all of them smiled back at me warmly in reassurance, 100% supporting Xiumin's decision. Was it really okay? I felt a gently nudge on my shoulder, pushing me towards the cake.

I turned to look at Zara, who grinned at me. "Well, go on, what are you waiting for?"

I was still unsure as I took my place next to Xiumin, I didn't think I was the one who deserved to be sharing this moment with him, but when he smiled down at me with brotherly affection, my hesitation was washed away. I smiled back up at him, placing my hands over his bigger ones on the knife, and together we cut into the cake. Everyone started singing happy birthday at that moment, and started clapping, since they had been too distracted by the cake before.

Oppa cut off a piece of his cake and I grapped it from him, holding it up to his mouth. He laughed and took a bite, humming in delight. "Mmm, it's good!" He fed me some of it, too. He was right! It was light and fluffy, and the cream felt like clouds in my mouth.

"Me too!" Kai wiggled his way between us. I chuckled and moved away as the boys all crowded around Xiumin, also wanting some of the cake. Xiumin had his hands full, literally, as he fed everyone some of the cake.

I, meanwhile, was having a surreal moment. Here I was with Exo, out in the middle of London, having a birthday party out in the open. Xiumin had asked me to cut the cake with him and I was honestly so touched at the gesture. The boys and staff were all crowded around him, feeding themselves and him cake and playing around with him. They lifted him up and gave him birthday cheers. Everyone was happy and laughing, and a small smile crept onto my face as I watched them. I felt a warm, fuzzy bubble of contentment slowly forming around me.

I felt a familiar warmth brush against my arm.

"You ok? You look kind of zoned out... but in a good way, I think." Kris smiled down at me tenderly.

I returned his smile. "I'm...great." It was simple.

Because in that moment, everything was glowing.

 

Luhan's POV

 

After the fiasco following the cake cutting, Mr Parker, who had been introduced to us earlier in the day, brought out all the presents. There was a mountain of them.

"Jesus, will this night stop getting any better?" Xiumin gasped. "My heart might explode!"

"Why do you sound like you're complaining, Minseok-ah?" One of the staff noonas asked him and everyone laughed when Xiumin said he wasn't.

Xiumin reached to the first present in front of him, but I pounced towards him and snatched it away. Xiumin looked at me with confusion. I held out a different present towards him. "Open mine first." I grinned at him.

He rolled his eyes, but chuckled as he took it from me. He eyed it suspiciously. "What's in it, hmm?" He asked as he shook the gift bag next to his ear as if it would magically reveal the contents.

"Open and see, Baozi." I smirked, anticipating his reaction.

When he pulled open the bag, his face froze in a half smile, as if he didn't know whether to laugh or be disappointed. He slowly pulled out the first item, the blue fabric emerging from the bag. "Pororo ?"

"There's socks too!" I informed him as his hand dug into the bag again to pull out a wad of socks with penguins on them. "I thought it would be really good since you like Pororo. You were proudly flashing your Pororo underwear earlier today, too!"

Xiumin's eyes widened. "Yah! Why are you bringing that up right now?"

"Look into the bag again." I pointed towards the back and waited.

Xiumin's face was blank as he pulled out the last item in the bag. "Really...?" He stared at the picture, the one that had been taken in the van earlier today, when he'd had a hole in his pants. The boys all started laughing as Xiumin glowered at my -eating grin. Zara suddenly grabbed the picture out of his hand. "ANDWAE!"

"OMO!" She started laughing as she passed it to Sirrah. 

"Stop! HALF OF THE WORLD MUST HAVE SEEN IT BY NOW!" Baozi's face turned red from embarassment. It was his birthday, so I shouldn't have been embarassing him... but was it worth it? 200%!

Sirrah pressed her lips together as she tried to supress her laugh, and handed the picture back to Xiumin. "It's cute."

Xiumin grabbed the picture and shoved it back into the bag along with the other bits. "Thanks for being super nice to me, Luhan!" He grumbled.

"You're most welcome, Baozi!" I nudged him playfully. He was acting mad, but he knew it was all in jest.

The others all started handing him random presents too, asking him to guess who each one was from. He got almost all of them wrong, except one. He pulled open the little gift bag to find a pack of Korean language quiz cards. He turned around holding the card pack in his hand. Everyone burst into laughter as they saw what it was. "Yah, Hwang ZiTao, is this for me or for you?" He asked M's maknae.

The panda smiled at him guiltily, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's for both of us! It's so I can spent more time with hyung!" The panda gave him his cheesiest smile, turning on the aegyo.

Xiumin chuckled at his cheekiness but ruffled his hair nonetheless. "Thanks, kid."

There were only two more present's left. Zara stepped up to Xiumin and held out a plain looking box, looking slightly nervous. She'd already asked us guys for a recommendation, but we hadn't been much help since most of the ideas had been used. "I hope you like it..." She simpered at him.

Xiumin grinned at her gratefully and took the box out of his hands. Even if he didn't like it, Zara wouldn't know. He pulled the lid off the box and we all watched his eyes go as round as saucers. I guess Zara didn't need to worry after all. "NO WAY!!!!" Xiumin burst out with excitement. We all shuffled closer to see what it was.

"Do you like it?" Zara asked hesitantly.

"Do I like it? Do I LIKE IT!?" He looked up at her incredulously. "NO I LOVE IT! THIS IS THE LIMITED EDITION VOLUME OF THE MANGA I'VE WANTED FOR AGES! I WASN'T ABLE TO FIND IT ANYWHERE!"

Zara's face lit up. "I'm glad. I knew you liked manga, and I was really hoping you wouldn't have this one."

"OH MY GOD, THANK YOU ZARA! This is AMAZING!" He hugged the blue haired girl. After he'd stopped having a seizure over Zara's present, he finally looked over at the last person left.

Sirrah grinned at him as she held her little black box out to him. "You left this in the Lambo."

Xiumin smiled and took it, gently pulling at the purple ribbon and taking the lid off. He gasped again when he saw what was inside. Damn, these girls went all out didn't they? He pulled out an iPod Touch. The newest generation one. The back was blue, Xiumin's favourite colour. That must have been expensive.

"There's an engraving on the back too..." She said to him quietly, pointing at the back of the iPod. Xiumin turned it over in his hands, and I peeked over to see what it said. 

We are one.

Xiumin looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Sirrah... I don't know what to say."

She smiled at him sheepishly. "Well you could start by telling me if you like it or not?"

"Of course I like it, but this is a lot of money."

Kris nudged him. "You're saying that after enjoying everything else she's paid for tonight?"

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Still..."

"I saw that your old iPod was basically on it's deathbed, and you're always listening to it... so I thought I'd get you a replacement." Sirrah explained to him.

"Come here." Xiumin said as he pulled her into a hug.

She grinned up at his chin. "I'm glad you like it."

Xiumin let go of her and ruffled her hair. "I do... thank you. I love the colour, and the engraving is cute too."

 

●   ●   ●

 

Eventually, after another jealous journey in the limo, we made it back to the apartment. Sirrah better make that my personal car on my birthday too! The staff headed straight back to their own apartment, after we assured them we could take care of the presents ourselves. What remained of the cake sat on the counter-top in the kitchen. No doubt by the morning it would be gone. Sirrah and Zara had come in with us, to help sort out the presents. They were about to leave when Suho stopped them. He had already assembled everyone in the living room.

"Sirrah, is it okay if we speak to you about something for a moment." Suho smiled at her, easing her suddenly worried expression.

"Uh... yeah, sure." She followed Suho into the living room with Zara. I saw her throw a questioning glance towards Kris, who just shrugged back at her. 

She perched on the floor in front of all the guys who were in various states of undressing out of their suits. "What did you want to talk about, Oppa?" She asked Suho. He shook his head and pointed towards Xiumin.

He looked at her gravely. "Ok... so... I don't want to seem rude or intrusive, but are you secretly a filthy rich drug lord?"

 

Sirrah's POV

 

I was dumbfounded by his question for a second. Was that the conclusion he'd really come to? Really? I suddenly burst out laughing at the absurdity. "Drug lord? No, why would you think that?" I looked over at Zara who was wearing an equally amused expression.

"Well... I mean..." He was stuttering now, feeling out of place. "It's just... the cars, and your apartment, and people working for you apparently, and my whole birthday gig... That's a lot of money, money that a mere university student wouldn't really have."

His question made sense. I realised I'd been doing nothing but flashing money at them the past two days... but a drug lord? I knew I'd have to come clean though. I caught Kris giving me a knowing smile. Zara turned to me, speaking in english. "You gonna tell them?"

I shrugged, I had no other choice. "I guess so." Zara nodded in response.

"To be honest... I come from a wealthy family." I told them hoping they wouldn't ask more questions than that.

"Really?!" Kai suddenly leaned forward out of interest. "Are they famous?!"

Yeah... I was hoping for too much.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Well... they're not celebrities... so I guess not."

"What does your family do?" Sehun asked. Suho gently scolded the maknae.

"Let's not ask personal questions, shall we? Sirrah, if you don't want to answer, it's ok." Suho smiled at me.

"It's ok," I smiled back at him. Of course, the guys would be curious after the events of the last 2 days. I should have expected these questions to be asked eventually. "Uhm, my grandpa started up an oil company when he was alive... and the business sort of expanded out into other fields after that. My dad runs the corporation now."

"Corporation?" Baekhyun asked. Damit, I hadn't been careful. I should have just said company. I nodded awkwardly, I was bad at lying and would get caught out immediately if I tried. Zara sat next to me, quietly chuckling at the mess I'd gotten myself into.

"Yeah... there's quite a few branches." I replied flatly.

"So you're a trust fund baby?!" Lay asked, shamelessly. I laughed. I wasn't offended, I actually liked that they were comfortable enough around me to just blurt out whatever came to mind.

I shook my head.

"Oh... so you're filthy rich, just not a filthy rich drug lord." Chanyeol tilted his head at me, grinning like a loon. I laughed at the expression and nodded.

I'd been stealing quick glances at Kris while the boys had been grilling me. He'd been sitting there watching me with an amused expression. Was he enjoying my suffering? I narrowed my eyes at him... I'll make him suffer later. He caught the look and raised his fist to his mouth to hold in a laugh. Stupid bird.

"So, did you inheret the corporation?" Chen asked, joining into the inquisition.

"No, my father did. I just own a branch of the company." I didn't make this information about myself known to many people. But I trusted EXO. Besides, I didn't want them to think that I'd gotten myself drowned in debt to buy cars and throw parties that I couldn't afford. Or that I was a drug lord... ¬.¬

I saw Kris regarding me with a calculating look from the corner of my eye. What is he up to now? 

"What does your branch specialise in?" Tao asked, but my attention was on Kris.

"High-street fashion chain." I replied absent-mindedly, my eyes fully focused on Kris now. I could almost see the cogs in his head turning. What was he plotting?

Oh, so you're a fashion tycoon?! No wonder you're so well dressed all the time! I could barely hear Tao's voice now as Kris finally locked eyes with me. His scheming over. I guess everyone had noticed our stare down because they had stopped talking and were looking between us two. I waited for Kris to say something.

"What's your surname?" He asked me out of the blue. I was a little miffed. Why was he asking me that now of all the times? I figured there was no harm in telling him though...? I think. But I was unsure.

"Aria..." I replied slowly.

Kris' lips suddenly curved up into a smirk. "As in Aria Corporations?"

I felt glass shattering in my head. "How...?" How did he....?

Baekhyun, the ever curious nosy-parker, picked up on it immediately. "Aria Corporations? Is that what her family's company is called?!" He asked, already typing into his phone. Was he googling it?!

"No! Don't!" I whined!

Baekhyun, and D.O who was sitting next to him, both looked up with huge eyes. D.O was the one who spoke. "You're a b-billionaire?"

I sighed. "I'm not... my family is."

"Yah! But you must be at least a millionaire! You could be living like a queen, why are you living like this?!" Baekhyun gaped at me.

I turned my eyes to Kris and scowled. Damn bird!

Sirrah - 3 : Kris - 3

We were even now.

I THOUGHT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE TO ME NOW THAT HE'S MY BOYFRIEND!

 


So... here's my next chapter. 10 days after the last... BETTER THAN 4 YEARS THOUGH, RIGHT?! right.

Just thought I'd put the bit at the end in, cuz everyone's gonna be wondering why Sirrah randomly starting ting money...

I honestly... it's been so long, I don't even remember what the score between Kris and Sirrah is anymore. I probably got it wrong.

 

Yeah ok.. cool. Thank you for reading <3

Deuces.