050

We are your OPPA!!

HyeYong's POV

"HyeYong ah. Gwenchana?" MiAh unnie realised I wasn't my usual self. I was dejected, tired, listless.
"Gwenchana." I lied.
"If it is about those rubbish netizens are saying, ignore them. That is what happens when you are in the public's eyes." she comforted me.
"That's why I didn't want to take on the figure skating competition. but I was forced to." I sighed.
"Mwoh? Waeyo?" she was shocked. She thought I gladly accepted it.
"Ani. Principal decided to put my full scholarship on the line." I said.
"Wow that's too much!" she protested.
"Well, when I was a freshie, I was suppose to be Ms Popular contestant. But I rejected it." I started to tell her some stories.
"Waeyo?"
"I have stage fright. Once I step on stage, I just stand rooted there. Not doing anything. That's why I decided not to take part in the contest since dancing, speech all sorts was needed." I continued. "3 years ago, when oppa left the house, JungMin oppa happened to move in as my neighbour. I entered the newly opened cafe near my house and got to know him there. He was the owner of the shop."
"Uh huh." she showed that she was listening.
"He noticed I looked upset, dead, lifeless and listened to me talk about WooHyun oppa leaving and my very heated argument with ChaeRin unnie that I lost contact with her in the end." I paused to take a sip of water. "One day, he decided to close his shop. He brought me to Portchester Polytechnic's skating rink. He wasn't a student then yet, but he got accepted because of his figure skating skills. He taught me to skate and taught me some skills too. His coach happened to be there and saw that I some what have a talent in it. So secretly, without my parents knowing, every day after high school, I would enter the rink to practice. Slowly I got to love Ice skating. Skating on that cold rink some what warms my body. But at the same time, freezing that hurt in my heart." I stopped and looked at MiAh unnie.
"Don't think that you are blabbering too much. It is good to be letting out stuff." she told me, so I continued.
"I strived hard to enter Portchester. Since my parents was against the idea of me going to an arts course, and I wasn't a very business person, I took up Aeronautical Engineering. The same course as JungMin oppa. He was the one who got me interested with engineering and some how, I had a niche in it too. So since I am in the same school, the coach and JungMin oppa took ages to convince me to join the skating team. I did not want to as I had stage fright. So the coach decided to talk to the principal to keep rink2 a private rink especially during our training timings so I won't be distracted. They gave me a nickname, Schadi, goddess of ice and hunt since I made the ice rink like my home and also that my moves were well, quite articulated and detailed."
"Wow. Interesting, Schadi. Hehe" she giggled. I gave her a not-funny stare and she signalled me to continue.
"So we practice till the competition day. It was in some rink outside portchester. I look at the audience seat filling up. Butterflies filled up my stomach too. Stage fright was leaping onto me. I tried to convince myself that I am Schadi. Especially since our routine was with masquerade. So I was technically masked up and that people will not recognise me. But stage fright caught up, I made a few mistakes. We could have gotten first place, but we ended up second because of me. That girl. The girl who won first came up to me and smirked at me. Saying how useless I was that i could even allow such simple mistakes to happen. She was right. Also, I almost caused JungMin oppa to lose his scholarship. He entered through figure skating. Since we lost, principal was so angry, he wanted to strike him out. As for me, because I am an asset to him and the school, and also that I was taking part as Schadi, he could not strike me out or the school will know. I had to literally beg the principal to give JungMin oppa another chance. Lucky there was another individual figure skating competition coming up and I made a deal if JungMin oppa make it through to first place, he keeps his scholarship, if not, I will drop mine too. And luckily, JungMin oppa won. He also got a full 7months training in UK. Thats why he just got back. Just in time to start training for this year's competition. I was dragged in again. Because he insisted that it was either me or no competition. And then principal had to put my scholarship on the line." I finally finished my grandmother story.
"You know what young lady?" she turned and faced me. "I think we should start training you on stage presence." she gleed.
"Oh.. That was what JungMin oppa told me too. He said when we are all ready, he is going to ask people, numbers by numbers to stand around the rink and watch." I sighed.
"I guess I have to help too?" she asked.
"I guess so."
 "Come on. I know deep down you still enjoy figure skating. Open your heart up then you will really enjoy every moment." she patted my shoulder. I gathered up all my energy to finish up my vocal training seeing that we had spent nearly an hour talking. But I was glad I talked it out. 
Tues, JungMin oppa picked me up from the dorm to school.
"Ya looking happy, why?" he asked.
"Well, i talked it out to one of my good friend about you and the figure skating thing. I felt much better hearing her advice." I lied about the good friend part. No one was suppose to know about the 100 day trial contact.
"I see, what did she say?"
"She told me to open my heart once again for figure skating. So, I suppose from today's practice onwards, I won't make life difficult for you." I beamed.
"Asa!!!" he punched his fist in the air. "Kaja, hold on tight." and we headed to school.
Tues and wed, JungWon oppa and TaeHwan oppa asked if I was alright. I told them I am all fine after talking it out with MiAh unnie. They were curious and asked what we women talked about.
"As you said it. It is a women secret." I teased.
"Wah. Now you two have secrets huh." both of them were jealous.
Wed, I went back to the dorm after studio training, sajangnim wanted to speak to me. Lucky for me, he already spoke to MiAh unnie and she told him everthing. So our conversation was cut short. He told me he will talk to the oppas about it, but I insisted that it should be a secret at least for as long as it can hide. Sajangnim sent me back to the dorm. Luggages were strewn all over the living room.
"Must have rushed out for practice I suppose." I said out. I decided to help them pack up some rubbish and push their luggages into the respective rooms before going to sleep.
"Things might not go as plan since oppas have not left their practice yet." I sighed, thinking that my plan may back fire.
 



Sorry that this whole chapter is about HyeYong and HyeYong...I think some stuff should be cleared up..