CHAPTER 9: HYELIM'S MISSION

Stupid Love Letter

 

=============================================================================

 

 

As soon as Hyelim and I are left alone,

“Himchan just asked me to be his girlfriend! He knelt in front of me! Just why did I not answer quickly?!” She silently squealed while jumping up and down.

I just stared at her coldly. She faked a cough and got back to her normal self. “Wow. I thought it was Yongguk that you like. How come you’re with Zelo?” Hyelim curiously asked. Obviously changing the topic.

“You know what? You messed up. Everything happened because of you. The letter…you put it in the wrong locker.” I scolded her with a glare.

Her eyes rounded. “Omo.” She gasped.

“Don’t ‘omo’ me. It’s all your fault. What should I do now? He doesn’t believe in me. He really thinks I’m in love with him. I’ve tried explaining to him many times before but he’s just really….hardheaded.” I said worriedly.

“I’m sorry. I thought it was Yongguk’s locker. He got a towel there and I… I’m sorry!” She apologized while she clung onto me and pouted cutely.

“What do I do? I don’t even like him. And..I don’t want to hurt him but…If ever I would have a boyfriend, I’d like it to be Bang Yongguk.” I whispered sadly.

“I’m sorry. It all happened because of me. What do you want me to do? I’ll do anything for you!” Hyelim said with a sorry face.

“Give me Himchan instead.” I mumbled silently with a sly smile.

“WHAT?! I NEVER KNEW YOU HAVE THE HOTS FOR HIM!” She exclaimed completely affected by my sudden statement.

I shot her a you-screwed-up-remember look.

She pouted. “Well…if that’s what you want…then..---“

I laughed. “I was only kidding. He’s all yours for all I care.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

She turned to me and hugged me. “Ahhhhhhh. I thought you really like him! I was really scared and I---“

“Shhh.” I hissed as I put my index finger in her lips.

“It’s wrong to blame you because you just wanted to help me. But.. I want to ask you to do something for me.” I said seriously as I stared at her eyes.

She eagerly nodded and smiled.

 

…..

 

As soon as I reached the classroom, Zelo was already there waiting for me. He instantly smiled and waved at me. I walked to my seat which was beside him.

I was still not giving up on pushing Zelo away. Because I’m feeling guilty whenever he’s acting sweet towards me. So I thought of something.

“What did you talk about with Hyelim?” He asked as he leaned to me.

I tore a piece of paper from my notebook and scribbled something then passed it to him.

“Do you love me?”

 

He turned to me with a puzzled look on his face. Before he could explain I grabbed the paper and wrote at it again.

 

“See? You can’t answer. You don’t love me. I should not be your girlfriend.”

 

His expression softened. “No, Jinhee-ah I was---“

Suddenly, the teacher came. *Perfect timing.*

I wrote something on my palm and as I finished writing, I pushed my palm towards his face so he can see what I wrote.

 

“Stop talking to me.”

 

Zelo sighed as he lsadly ooked away. After that, for the whole day, Zelo didn’t talk to me anymore.

 

=============================================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/SUBSCRIBING~! <3333333