CHAPTER 54: A FAVOR

Stupid Love Letter


 

=========================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Lime silently studied Jinhee for a moment. She kept on talking and talking earlier to keep her entertained but she noticed that she wasn’t responding or anything. And that was when she became aware that she was blanking out. Again.

 

Lime sighed as she cupped Jinhee’s cheeks and lightly pinched it to wake her up.

 

“Aww!” She cried as she pushed Lime hands away and massaged her cheeks. “Why?” She asked her with a pout.

 

“Are you okay? You look ..stressed.” Lime commented as she stared at her worriedly.

 

Jinhee tried to smile. “I ..am. I was just thinking of Zelo. He was absent today. I wonder if he’s sick or whatever.”

 

*Him again.* Lime thought as she rolled her eyes.

Jinhee has always, always been thinking about him. And ways to talk to him so that they’d be together again. Like before. But Zelo’s really like a kid. He kept on ignoring her. He never did let her explain to him and he also ignores his friends. And it slowly makes Lime sick of him. He once favored him for being so sweet to Jinhee but isn’t he over acting? Just because of the letter he’s acting like that. He’s not only hurting himself. He hurts Jinhee and his friends.

 

“What time did you sleep last night?” She asked her.

 

“…4:00” Jinhee whispered as she pouted. She was making love letters for Zelo since she promised she’d give him one every single day. Plus, she cooked another boxed lunch for him again.

 

“You’re seriously crazy.” Lime scolded her. “What about your health? Huh?!”

 

“I.. I’m going to visit him later. Want to tag along?” She brightened up, quickly changing the topic.

 

“No thanks. I’ll pass.” She answered. *I might punch him if I saw him.*

 

 

 

 

Jinhee stood in front of a big house. She glanced at the paper in her hand. It was the same address. So this is his house? It’s so big. She thought as she rang the doorbell.

 

Few seconds later, Zelo came out with a blank face. “What?” he asked her.

 

Jinhee took out a small bag and handed it to him. “What’s this?” He asked her as he peeked through the bag.

 

“I wrote down the notes for today’s class since you were absent. I also cooked for you. And there’s also a letter there as I promised before.” She smiled.

 

Zelo just nodded as he tried to peek inside the bag.

 

“Why were you absent? Were you sick?” She worriedly asked him.

 

“I just feel like not going to class today. Tomorrow and for another week if you won’t stop this.” He mumbled without looking at her eyes.

 

The truth was he was a little sick so he couldn’t come to school.

 

Jinhee slightly faltered but she tried to smile. “I said I wasn’t going to give up right? I’m a person who keeps the promises I made.”

 

“And you’re also the type of person who lies just to satisfy the person you love. Right?” Zelo asked her in a low voice.

 

Her smile faded as she quietly sighed. “I guess I’ll be going now. I still have lots to do. I’ll be going! Bye! See you tomorrow!” She waved as she walked away.

 

Zelo silently watched her walk away. When are you going to stop this? I already know that you like Yongguk hyung. So why are you doing this? Do you pity me that much? He thought as he shook his head and slowly walked back towards his house.

 

 

 

 

The same thing happened for the past three days. Zelo is absent. Jinhee would visit him. She would give him the notes, the letter and the boxed lunch. And as usual Zelo was just sulky as ever. But of course Jinhee wouldn’t mind. And if she does, she would do everything to conceal her sadness with a smile.

 

But there was one person who couldn’t take watching everything from the sides.

 

 

Kim Hyelim.

 

 

She knew the whole story about the love letter and she was the one to blame in the first place. But Jinhee took all the blame and felt very guilty about it. And Zelo was too much of an emo kid who doesn’t even listen to them or to anyone. And his friends were too useless. So Lime thought she would step up and confront Zelo. She couldn’t stand seeing Jinhee suffer. She was her best friend after all.

 

 

..

 

 

Lime secretly went to Zelo’s house to talk to him.

As Zelo came out from his house, he was expecting to see Jinhee but he was wrong. It was Lime.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

Lime gave him a look. “We need to talk.”

 

Zelo sighed. He was so used to hear those phrases. “I think I already know what you want to talk about. Mianhe noona but I have many things to do right now.” Zelo mumbled.

 

“Like what? Sulk in your room? Bull.” She cursed as she shook her head.

 

Zelo frowned. “I said I already know everything. Jinhee likes Yongguk hyung right? She was just going here because she pities me.” He said.

 

Lime sarcastically chuckled. “I’m really amazed you came up with that kind of conclusion.”

 

The frown in his face went deeper as he spoke. “Isn’t it true? It’s true right? I heard them talking before. Jinhee even said he thinks of me as a pest! She hates me!” He exclaimed.

 

Lime lightly shook her head with a small smirk. *You’re really…*

 

“What? It’s true right? You can’t say anything because it’s true!”

 

“Fine! It was true! Jinhee reallllllllly likes your hyung! And she’s just pitying you that’s why everynight she sleeps so damn late just to make that boxed lunch and letter for you. And then she would copy all the notes from your class and wouldn’t be able to eat lunch. And guess what? You’re right. She really hates you.” Lime told him.

 

Zelo paused for a while. Hearing those things really hurt him. He was wishing that even for a bit, Jinhee was concerned about him and such. Looks like she isn’t.

 

“What? Those were the things you want to hear right? Those were the things you believe in right? What? Are you satisfied now?”Lime mocked him.

 

Zelo clenched his fists as he looked at the ground. He just couldn’t bear hearing those. “Stop it.” He muttered in a low voice.

 

Lime tried to maintain her composure and she deeply breathed. “I came here because I want you to do me a favor.”

 

Zelo looked up to her with a puckered brow.

 

“Tell Jinhee to stop coming here.”

 

The strong grip on his hand slowly faded away. *She wants me to stop Jinhee from coming here?* Zelo cleared his throat. Eventhough he always give Jinhee short replies, he was happy whenever he sees her. He didn’t want her to stop. “You are her bestfriend. She’d listen to you. Why me?” He reasoned out.

 

“Because even if I’m her bestfriend, she doesn’t listen to me. I guess she’ll only listen to you. So tell her that you don’t want to see her again. Tell her to stop seeing you. I don’t want to see her being hurt again because of you. I personally thought that you value her before. But I guess you don’t. You don’t even listen to her.”

 

Zelo didn’t reply. He didn’t want to tell Lime that he can’t do it.

 

Lime let out a sigh. “That’s all. I’m going.” She said as she was about to walk away but she stopped. “One more thing.” She said as she walked back to him.

 

Zelo turned to her, waiting for her to speak.

 

“You’re the biggest idiot I’ve ever come across in my whole life. I really thought you’re a genius or something. I guess you’re not. Bye.” Lime faked a smile as she finally walked away.

 

==========================================================================

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDD