CHAPTER 45: FAMILY GATHERING

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

 

============================================================================================

 

 

December 15.

It was the day wherein B.A.P.’s party will happen at Yongguk’s house at exactly 6:00 in the evening.

And it was currently 12:00 in the afternoon. Jinhee is at her room, trying to pick the most beautiful dress from her closet. Of course she wants to look good. Specially for Zelo. So she laid out 5 dresses in her bed and carefully examined them in front of the mirror. She couldn’t decide what dress to wear. That’s when she heard a knock from her door.

She thought it was only her dad. “Come in.” She didn’t even bother to look since she was busy picking out the best dress.

 “Which is better? This one or this one?” Jinhee asked as she turned around only to find Zelo standing at her doorstep.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”

Zelo placed his finger under his chin and thought for a while. “The red one suits you better.” He said with a smile. “It’s my favorite color too.” he added.

Jinhee placed the red dress on top of her chest. “You think so? okay I will--- Hey. I was asking why you are here.” Jinhee said as she placed the dress on the chair and turned to Zelo with a sharp look.

Zelo sheepishly smiled while he scratched the back of his neck. “I’m here to tell you that I’m going to a family gathering today.” He said as he looked down at the floor.

Jinhee noticed how he looked so sad. *Family gathering? Oh right. He was adopted. Right?*

“Does that mean you can’t go to the party?”

Zelo shook his head. “No. I’ll just be a little late. And I won’t be able to fetch you. I’m sorry. My mom suddenly set up the date and of course I can’t say no to her.” he apologized.

“It’s okay. You should’ve just texted it to me.”

“I felt that I should tell it to you. Personally. I just wanted to see you first before going there.”

“Do you really have to go? Or do you want me to go with you? Or whatever? Is there anything that I can do?”

He shook his head with a small smile. “It’s okay. I’ll be able to get out from there alive. They don’t bite. This is a yearly occasion. I’m used to this. Don’t worry. I’ll be.. fine.”

Jinhee couldn’t take looking at his face and hugged him. “Don’t be sad. I don’t know what’s happening between you and your family but, if ever anything bad happens, just think of me okay?” She asked him as she stared right into his eyes.

A small slowly appeared on his lips. “Thank you. And.. I think I need a kiss too.” Zelo joked. Jinhee chuckled and lightly pushed him away. “ert.”

 

….

 

Zelo arrived at their family gathering just in time. Of course he couldn’t afford to be late. It was his mom he was meeting. He can never be late. But as always, they are the first ones to arrive since his mom hated to be late.

“Long time no see Omonim.” Zelo greeted his mom as he bowed. His mom wasn’t really pleased to meet him and just looked away. “Sit there.” She said as she pointed to the seat next to her.

“Yes Omonim.” Zelo followed as she instructed him to.

His mother looked at him with furrowed brows. “What’s with your hair? It’s so embarrassing. How do you go around with that hair? Why can’t you be like your older brother?” She hissed at him in a low tone, worrying that anyone would hear her.

Zelo took a deep breath. “Mianhe Omonim.” he apologized to her.

His mom just shook her head and looked away.

Zelo tried to smile to cheer his self. *You can do this. Just 3 more hours and you’ll get out of this dining hall. 3 more hours and you’ll see Jinhee.* He thought with a smile.

Every year, Zelo is attending their family gathering. Not because he wants to. It was because he had to. He was a part of their family that is why. Slowly, their other relatives arrived and joined them on the dining table and when they were all complete, they started eating.

“Omo, is that your son?” Zelo’s aunt, Minjoo asked. He looked at her brightly. He opened his mouth and was about to say yes but,

“Adopted son.” his mom corrected his Aunt bluntly. She hated how people are saying that Zelo is her son when in fact he isn’t.

Another relative butted in. “Oh, it’s Park Junhong! You’ve gotten more handsome!”

His mom smiled fakely. “Choi Junhong.”

Because his mother strongly detested about adopting him, she did everything to stop her husband from doing so but she couldn’t. In the end, she forbid Junhong to use their surname since she thinks he was someone who doesn’t belong to the family. A disgrace.

Zelo sanked down to his seat. Every year, someone would ask who he was and every year his mom would tell them that he was adopted and such. She was ashamed of him in short. Then why did he have to attend this kind of gathering if his mom thinks that he’s a disgrace in the family right?

“Where’s do you study?” Another relative asked.

His mom looked at him. Signalling him to answer the question. “I’m currently studying at Seoul University.” He politely said.

“Oh! You’re so bright then. I heard only intelligent students make it there.” Another relative said. Zelo smiled. He was slowly starting to feel good because of the compliments thrown at him.

“My son is studying abroad. He’s a very bright student and he never had a failing grade. It was such a waste that he couldn’t come here. It was because he’s studying hard.” His mom cut in the conversation.

Like the old times, she would brag about her real son. Zelo’s older brother. He was a nice brother to him but Zelo has always felt insecure of him. He just tried to smile and he thought of Jinhee. And it did made him feel better. Much better.

 

 

After an hour, they already ended their family gathering and one by one their relatives left. After everyone has left, Zelo turned to his mom. “I’ll be leaving now Omonim.” He said as he bowed to her.

His mom just nodded and looked away.

*Yes! I finally get to see Jinhee.* he thought as he smiled and started to walk away.

“Junhong!” His mom called.

He walked back to her politely. “Yes Omonim?” He asked her.

“Your brother will go back to Korea soon and he’s going to study at Seoul University too. Do me a simple favor. Pretend that you don’t know him at school.” His mom firmly stated.

*Hyung is going back? Why?* He thought.

“Do you understand me?” She asked him.

“Yes Omonim. I will do it.” He said as he bowed. =

With that, his mom walked away without even saying goodbye. “Goodbye Omonim. Have a safe trip.” He said as he bowed at her.

He was used to this too. His mom asks him to stay away from his precious son, because she was afraid that people will know that they are brothers. So Zelo wasn’t that affected much.

When his mom left the place, that’s when Zelo started to walk away. He looked at the decorations in the place. *This hotel sure is luxurious. This is bigger and better at the hotel last year.* he thought.

Suddenly his eyes landed on a mistletoe decoration and a smile appeared on his face. he slowly walked up to the wall and turned to see if anyone’s watching. There’s none. Zelo detached the mistletoe from the wall and smiled. A small plan formed in his head as he hid the mistletoe inside his jacket. “I can’t wait to see Jinhee.”

 

=====================================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDDDD

 

 

Sinong pupunta sa KPOP NATION 3 sa Mega sa Dec. 27? :) Wala lang. Baka lang magkita kita tayo. Hahahaha. :> 

 

 

~♥