CHAPTER 10: REJECTED

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

=============================================================================

 

 

 

Earlier, I asked Hyelim to do something since she’s the reason why all of this happened.

I was tapping my foot while waiting for him to arrive. I don’t really know what to say to him but atleast I want him to know the truth.

 

“Jinhee?”

 

I looked back. It's Bang Yongguk. I immediately stood up and bowed to him.

“I heard from your friend that you wanted to talk to me. Why? Is it about Zelo?” He asked as he walked towards me.

I sighed. I have to tell him the truth. I breathed deeply. Here it goes…“Yongguk oppa, it’s you that I like.” I said as I looked at him seriously.

He gave me a puzzled look. “What?” He suddenly frowned. “Then what about Zelo? Are you trying to play with him?” He asked coldly.

I shook my head. “No! I’ll explain. I have always liked you ever since. But it was an unrequited love. Hyelim asked me to make a letter for you. And she was thinking of helping me so she secretly placed it in Zelo’s locker. She thought it was yours. I tried to explain this to him for so many times before. But he never listens.” I explained as clearly as I could.

He smiled. “Zelo really has that tendency to be stubborn. He thought you were just shy he… told me about…that. I mean the letter. He even let me read it.” Yongguk said with a straight face. Without any emotions.

I just sighed. I don’t really care. Even my dad read it. But it’s good to hear that Yongguk read the letter which was originally meant for him.

“He was so happy to receive that letter. You know..Zelo was a rebellious son. His dad and his stepmother thinks he’s a disgrace to their family because he’s an illegitimate son.” He mumbled.

“Illegitimate?” I asked again to confirm if I heard him right. “Uhm.. not really illegitimate but something close to it. But.. yeah. He's an illegitimate son. And they don’t actually love him. So when he read your letter he was so happy. He thought at last aside from us..his friends.. someone loves him.” He explained.

“But there are his fangirls! They love him!” I reasoned out.

He smiled. “He kinda…appreciated your letter more than expected since you wrote those weird things.” He said with a small chuckle.

*Weird things?* I slowly turned to him. I got hurt with what he said. “Those are my feelings..for you.” I mumbled sadly.

He immediately stopped expressing his amusement and faked a cough. “No. That’s not what I mean… you know Junhong is not hard to like. Just give him a chance. Please. Don’t break his heart. He’s my most important dongsaeng.” Yonguk pleaded with a serious face.

“I don’t want to lie to him.” I mumbled as I breathed deeply. It was true. I don’t really want to lie to him. That would make me and him feel bad.

He smiled. “Trust me. You’ll surely like him.” he said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

“But it’s you..that I---“He smiled. I admit, for about three seconds, my heart melted because of his smile.

He ruffled my hair. “Nah. I’m too old for you. Zelo suits you better.”

My heart slowly ached at his statement. He’s rejecting me right? I just slowly nodded. What can I do? Bang Yongguk is the one asking me a favor. I couldn’t dare refuse. I thought as I sighed.

“Please. Don’t break his heart.” Yongguk pleaded again.

I nodded and slowly tried to smile. *I will..for you*

“Everything’s fine now right? So.. maybe, I’ll go now.” He said as he waved and walked away.

But then he turned around again. “Jinhee..”

Is he going to say he likes me too and that he was just joking earlier? I thought.

“Don’t tell this to anyone. This is a secret between me, you and your friend. Got it?” He asked.

There goes my hopes and dreams. I just nodded. Then he walked away again.

I just silently mouthed him a goodbye. I was rejected.... Who cares? Bang Yongguk is not the only hot guy in the world. I’ll surely find someone who’s even hotter than him. I thought as I sighed exasperatedly.

“Someday you’ll regret rejecting me Oppa.” I mumbled to myself as I tried to smile and I quickly wiped away the tears forming at the corner of my eyes.

 

 

 

=============================================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~ <33333333333