CHAPTER 72: AVOID

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the veryyyyyy late update. @__@ I really plan to update all of my stories at once. But the poster for my other story is not yet finished. :(

 

And to make it up to you guys, I’ll do triple updates today. Buuuuuut, it will be filled with JinYeol. Hehehehe.

 

That’s it.

:)

 

===================================================

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol nervously his lips as he reached out for the door knob. *What do I do if I see Park Jinhee?* He thought as he sighed. He doesn’t even have the courage to go inside their room.

 

Well, it’s not like he won’t see her. She’s even going to sit beside him. And that’s what’s bugging Chanyeol.

 

Just how would he react? Will he even be able to look at her? Chanyeol rubbed his left eye in irritation. *I wish I never knew the truth.*

 

Since yesterday night, he couldn’t help but feel bad. The girl he is in love with is in a relationship with her brother. And he felt betrayed. But he knew he isn’t. It wasn’t Jinhee nor Junhong’s fault. But deep inside his heart, there was a tiny room of hatred for Junhong. *Why is he always lucky?*

 

Countless questions and thoughts were running inside his head. He wasn’t even able to get a good sleep last night. And now he couldn’t even go inside the classroom because of Jinhee.

Chanyeol took a deep breath. “Just avoid her. That’s the best thing to do right now.” He mumbled to himself as he placed his hand on the knob and turned it open.

 

He carefully scanned his eyes around the room as he walked inside. And his eyes landed on a certain girl who owns his heart. Park Jinhee. She was there---as beautiful as ever. She was talking to her friends. And she looked happy.

 

*Maybe she’s happy because she was with Zelo yesterday.*Chanyeol sighed for the nth time.

 

He didn’t really know how he would approach her. Should he tell her that he was Junhong’s older brother? Should he confess? Should he just pretend that nothing happened, like he didn’t know anything? He doesn’t know anymore. But even though he didn’t know what to do, he still walked up to his seat which was right next to her.

 

Upon seeing Chanyeol, Jinhee looked up with a smile. She was going to greet him. Like she always does.

 

Chanyeol bit his lip as he looked away. *Don’t greet me. Look away. Look away.* He prayed in his mind as he sat next to her. His heart still thumping loudly against his chest.

 

“Good morning!” Jinhee greeted him. Chanyeol gazed at her from the corner of his eyes. *She was smiling.*

 

*I’m sorry.* Chanyeol clenched his fists as he looked away, pretending not to hear her.

 

Chanyeol thought that if he pretended not to hear her, she would just simply stop. But he was wrong.

 

Jinhee was persistent. Too persistent. She leaned forward to his direction and waved right in front of his face. “Good morning!” She greeted him again. She thought Chanyeol didn’t hear her earlier.

 

Chanyeol played with his fingers. *Why is she making things hard for me?*

 

Jinhee pouted as she examined Chanyeol. He doesn’t look like he’s sick. *What’s wrong with him?* She thought as she jutted out her lower lip in disappointment. *Chanyeol was always so cheerful. Why’s he so different today?*

 

Chanyeol gulped as he tried to stay calm. He could feel that Jinhee is still staring at him. To avoid starting a conversation with her, he tried to look at their classmates or to anything fascinating.

 

And that’s when he found himself staring at the ceiling. And he knew that he looked stupid. But what can he do right? He wasn’t in his right mind at that time. And everything felt so awkward.

 

“Is anything wrong?” Jinhee asked him. Worry was evident in her tone. This was the first time Chanyeol behaved like this.

 

*Everything is wrong.* Chanyeol thought as he bit his lip, preventing himself from talking to her.

 

Jinhee narrowed her eyes on him. “You’re avoiding me----“

 

Suddenly, the door opened and the teacher came inside. Chanyeol sighed in relief. *Saved by the bell.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinhee looked around. Chanyeol was already out of the room. *He’s so fast. I wasn’t even able to track him down.* She thought as she furrowed her brows.

It was already break time. And currently, she was looking for him. Because she knew he had a problem. And she wanted to help. Since Chanyeol always helped her. Especially in her assignments in Math.

And as a friend, she wants to know what was his problem. And if she could, she would do everything just to help him. Because he was a friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From the other side of the cafeteria,

Lime was eating with Youngjae, Jongup, Daehyun and Himchan.

“Before we’re complete every break time. Now it’s just us.” Lime mumbled as she pouted.

Himchan smiled at her. “It’s okay baby. The less people around the merrier.”

Youngjae frowned. “Isn’t it the more the merrier?”

“It’s because were incomplete.” Daehyun answered for Himchan.

Suddenly, Jongup caught a glance of Jinhee and immediately turned to Lime. “Isn’t that Jinhee?” He asked her.

Lime looked at him with her eyes full of hopes. “Where?”

Jongup pointed at her. “There. The one walking around with a yellow ponytail.” He described her.

Lime smiled. “That’s her. Wait. I’ll call her so she can join us.” She said as she stood up.

“JINHEE!” Lime exclaimed as she waved her arms so that Jinhee can see her.

But sadly, Jinhee didn’t see her.

She was too indulged in finding Chanyeol. And finally, she saw him.

 

Chanyeol was buying juice at the counter. Jinhee smiled as she made her way towards him. *Now you won’t be able to run away anymore.*

 

“Chanyeol-ah.” Jinhee called him.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes with a frustrated sigh. *How did she find me?* He thought as he turned to her and immediately avoided her eyes. “I’m kinda busy today. I’ll …get going.” He mumbled awkwardly then, he walked away.

 

But this time, Jinhee would not let him go without knowing what was his problem. She followed him. “I know something’s wrong. I know you have a problem. You can tell it to me.” Jinhee said as she followed him.

 

“I’m fine. Nothing’s wrong.” Chanyeol curtly answered.

 

Jinhee blocked his way by standing in front of him and stretching her arms out. “Just why are you avoiding me?” She said as she frowned.

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath and looked away. “I’m not avoiding you. It’s just your imagination.” He mumbled as he was about to walk away again but Jinhee grabbed his arm. “Why are you like this? It’s really obvious that you have a problem. You know---“

 

“Why do you care?” Chanyeol asked her. He wanted to know why she was involving herself with him. Maybe.. just maybe she’ll tell him that he’s special to her. After all, that’s just what he wanted to hear from her.

 

Jinhee smiled at him. “Because we’re friends. Right?”

 

Chanyeol’s hopes slowly crushed with just one word that she said. *I knew it.* Chanyeol lightly nodded. “Friends.” That one word from her was able to shatter his heart. *I know that very well. You don’t have to say it.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lime pouted as she saw Jinhee walk away from them. “She didn’t hear us.” She said as she sat beside them.

“Look! She’s going to a guy!” Daehyun immediately pointed out.

All of them turned to Jinhee’s direction and saw that she was talking to a guy.

“Maybe she’s two timing Junhong!” Jongup gasped.

All of them turned to Jongup. “WHAT?!”

“That’s what happens on dramas on TV right? I was watching a drama and that was---“ Jongup tried to explain.

Lime shook her head and immediately butted in. “That’s never going to happen. Jinhee loves Zelo.” She said as she eyed the guy Jinhee was talking to. “But he’s good looking. I’ve never seen him before. Is that a new student?” She asked.

“He’s good looking huh?” Himchan mumbled as he examined the guy. “Tch. He’s just good looking because it’s far.” He added as he made a face at Lime. “You should always look at my face first before saying that someone is handsome.” He told her arrogantly.

“Arasso. Arasso.” Lime mumbled sarcastically as she patted his head like he was a puppy. Himchan just gave her a cold look.

“But the guy looks familiar. I wonder where I saw his face before.” Youngjae mumbled as he frowned.

“It’s just your imagination. Nerd.” Daehyun mumbled as he distracted him.

Youngjae ignored him. He was too busy trying to figure out who that guy was. He had this weird feeling like he knows him. He just couldn’t remember where or when he saw him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol swiftly walked past Jinhee. “Stop following me around.”

 

“Then stop running away from me.” Jinhee retorted back.

 

He twitched his lips to the side. *I never knew she was this stubborn.* Chanyeol turned back to her. “Are you even going to follow me to men’s bathroom?” He challenged her as he stared at her eyes. He thought Jinhee would be threatened by him.

 

But it was the complete opposite. Jinhee wasn’t affected by it at all.

 

“Yes. I’ll follow you wherever you go.” She told him as she stared right back at him.

 

THUMP.. THUMP.. THUMP..

 

Chanyeol gulped as he looked away. His heart, still drumming wildly against his chest. *This is bad for my heart.*

 

“Please. Just leave me alone.” He told her in a serious tone.

 

Jinhee frowned as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Why are you being like this?”

 

“You won’t understand it even if I explain it to you.”

 

“I know I at Maths but I’m not that stupid. And I’m pretty sure your problem is not a Math problem. So I’m positive that I can understand it.” Jinhee told him with a small smile.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “That’s not what I meant!” He tried to explain but couldn’t find enough words to say it.

 

“Why can’t you just tell me the problem?” Jinhee asked him as she placed her hands on her hips.

 

Chanyeol stared at her eyes blankly. “You’re the problem.”

 

Jinhee dryly laughed. “Funny.” Jinhee thought that he was just using her as a reason so that she would stop. But she’s not going to stop. She wants to help him. Jinhee smiled. “We’re friends aren’t we?”

 

*Friends.* Chanyeol thought as he looked away. “We’re not.”

 

“Come on. We’re friends ever since the first time---“

 

*Friends…* Chanyeol gripped his hands. “I said we’re not friends.”

 

“And friends should help each other right?”

 

“Stop.” He mumbled quietly.

 

“No. I won’t stop unless you tell me your problem. As your friend---“

 

“I SAID STOP!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

Jinhee’s eyes rounded as she stopped talking. She was taken aback. Jinhee was so surprised because this was the first time Chanyeol reacted this way. He was always smiling and cheerful. “…Mianhe.” Jinhee mumbled as she bit her trembling lip.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes and gulped. *I’ll be regretting this for forever.* He thought as he turned to her. “You’re …annoying.”

 

Jinhee’s eyes widened as she met her eyes with him. “What are you sa---“

 

“And you’re also loud-mouthed.” Chanyeol curled his fists. “I hate you.”

 

Jinhee was hurt by the words that he spoke but she tried her best not to show it to him.

 

“From now on, I don’t want to be friends with you. I don’t want to go anywhere near you. I don’t want to see you.”

 

Chanyeol gulped and his lips. “Please ..just avoid me.”

 

Jinhee cleared as she blinked, trying to stop her tears from falling. “I just wanted to help you since you were always helping me. But if that’s what you want ..fine. I’ll do it.” She said in a squeaky voice.

 

With that Jinhee walked away from him.

 

Chanyeol’s heart slowly shattered as he watched her walk away while wiping her tears. “Mianhe. Everything that I told you was a lie. It was the complete opposite of what I wanted to tell you.” He whispered, wishing that his words could reach Jinhee.

 

But it didn’t. It will never reach her unless he voice them out himself.

 

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

 

“Why are you frowning?” Zelo asked as he poked Jinhee’s forehead with his finger.

 

Jinhee shook her head with a pout. “I’m not.” She denied.

 

“Did something bad happen?” Zelo asked her. He knew Jinhee very well that he knows when she has a problem or not. And now that she’s behaving weirdly, he knows that something is definitely wrong.

 

Jinhee breathed deeply, then she turned to Zelo. “What would you do if someone tells you to avoid them?”

 

“Then I’ll just avoid them.” Zelo simply answered.

 

“You won’t ask why?”

 

Zelo shook his head. “No. If he asked me to avoid him, then I would.”

 

“You won’t even be curious why?”

 

“Maybe that person knows that it’s better not to say the reason why he asked you to avoid him.” He mumbled with a small nod.

 

“Whatever.” Jinhee murmured.

 

“Wae? Who is it?” Zelo asked.

 

Jinhee shook her head. “It’s someone you don’t know.”

 

Zelo slung his arm around her shoulder. “It’s okay. You don’t need anyone else as long as you have me.” He grinned, showing all of his milky white teeth.

 

Jinhee just smiled. *You’re right.*

 

 

===================================================

 

 

 

 

1