SPECIAL CHAPTER

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

As promised. The Special Chapter. This is kinda long and random. Sarreh.

 

=============================================================================

 

 

 

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

 

 

 

Zelo heard the alarm clock ringing loudly even though he’s downstairs, cooking breakfast at the kitchen. “I should wake her up or else she’ll wake up late again.” He mumbled to himself as he hummed his favorite sing while walking upstairs where Jinhee was sleeping.

 

He silently opened the door, trying not to make any sound. He wants to see Jinhee sleeping even though he can see that every single day. He just won’t get enough of her face.

 

Zelo tiptoed to her bedside and watched her sleep. “She sleeps like a kid.” He smiled as he arranged her stray hair covering hair face and sat beside her. “Jinhee, time to wake up.” He said as he tugged on her arm.

 

But Jinhee, being a heavy sleeper wouldn’t even budge.

 

“Jinheeeee~ Wake upppppp!” he playfully sang as he poked her cheeks.

 

Finally Jinhee opened her eyes and the first thing she did was to glare at him. She really hates being disturbed when she’s in dreamland that’s why.

 

“Aigoo, you’re so cute!” Zelo mumbled as she pinched the apples of her cheeks. He found her glaring sleepy eyes really cute. That’s why he never gets tired of waking her up every single morning.

 

“I’m sleeping don’t disturb me.” Jinhee mumbled sleepily as she covered herself with her blanket.

 

“But you’ll wake up late if you don’t get up now. And when you get up you’ll be blaming me and you’ll accuse me of not waking you up.” Zelo pouted. “Wake up now.” He added as he pulled the tips of her hair lightly, careful enough not to hurt her.

 

Suddenly, Zelo smelt that something is burning. “The toasted bread!” He mumbled.

 

Zelo tapped Jinhee’s cheeks. “Jinhee, you can hear me right? Right?”

 

Jinhee brows pinched together in annoyance but she nodded without opening her eyes.

 

“You’re awake right? Answer me.”

 

“Yes.” Jinhee mumbled lazily.

 

Zelo nodded. “If you’re awake, raise your right hand.”

 

Jinhee grumbled as she placed her right hand above her head just to show Zelo that she’s awake.

 

“You can understand me right? If you can, open your eyes.” Zelo told her.

 

Jinhee slightly opened her eyes. She was still half asleep after all.

 

Zelo smiled. “Okay, now you’re awake and you can understand me. Remember this okay, I woke you up this morning. Don’t blame me later.” He told her.

 

Jinhee just nodded so that he could shut up.

 

“Say this: Junhong woke me up today.” Zelo said.

 

Jinhee rolled her eyes at him and was about to get back to sleeping but Zelo stopped her. “Say it first!” He exclaimed.

 

“Junhong woke me up today.” Jinhee grumbled.

 

Zelo nodded in satisfaction. “Okay. That’s it! It already came from you okay? I definitely did wake you up today! I’ll be going down now. The toaster is calling me already. Get up and eat breakfast.” He told her before running off.

 

 

---

 

 

30 minutes later,

 

“WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP?!” Jinhee exclaimed as she glared at Zelo.

 

Jinhee finally went downstairs, running in hurry. She already took a bath and it was really obvious because her hair was still dripping wet. She hasn’t even combed it properly. Since she’s in a hurry.

 

The small boy beside Zelo beamed in delight as he saw his mother. “Umma!” He greeted her.

 

“Good morning!” Jinhee exclaimed at the both of them.

 

Zelo eyed her weirdly. “I thought we’ll be leaving by 10? It’s just 8. Why are you already dressed up?” he asked her. They were planning to watch a movie today that was why Zelo woke her up earlier.

 

Jinhee quickly put on her shoes and went to near the table where Zelo was drinking his coffee. “My boss called me just now and he said I need to go to the office.” She said before grabbing toasted bread from the plate.

 

Zelo’s eyes widened in alarm. “What? But you promised us that we’ll watch a movie today!’ Zelo whined like a kid.

 

“It’s an emergency. I have to go.” Jinhee explained.

 

“But Junhee will be really sad right Junhee?” Zelo asked as he nudged his son to the side while signaling him to say yes. He didn’t really want Jinhee to leave now. They already planned to go out today. And he didn’t like the idea of last minute cancellation of plans.

 

Junhee shook his head with a smile. “I think it’s important so I don’t mind Umma.” He told her.

 

“Aish. This traitor.” Zelo mumbled as he shook his head.

 

Jinhee smiled as she ruffled her son’s messy hair. “Aigoo, Junhee is really understanding.”

 

Zelo pouted. “You’re telling me my son is understanding and I am not?”

 

Suddenly, Jinhee’s phone rang. She stared at the screen. It was her boss. Jinhee grabbed her comb from her bag and started combing her messy hair as she talked with her boss.

 

“Yes. I’ll leave in a few minutes. Yes. I already have that file and I brought it with me.” Jinhee said as she untangled her messy hair.

 

Zelo eyed her. *Since it looked like it’s that important, I’ll let this pass.* he thought as he took the comb from Jinhee’s hand and started combing her hair for her.  Jinhee smiled at him. “Thank you.”

 

Few seconds later,

 

“There, it looks good on you!” Junhong said as he grinned at Jinhee happily. He had just finished styling her hair.

 

Jinhee eyed him. “Really?” She asked curiously.

 

“Of course!” Zelo nodded at her. Junhee raised his left thumb. “You look beautiful Umma. My classmates also uses that hairstyle.”

 

Jinhee’s curiosity grew because of what the two had told her. *I wonder what Zelo did to my hair.* Jinhee thought as she grabbed a mirror and saw for herself.

 

“What did you do to my hair?!” She exclaimed the moment she saw the ‘beautiful’ hairstyle Zelo did. It was a low double twin braids. Just like what nursery kids wore. *So that’s why Junhee said that his classmates uses this style.* She thought as she shook her head.

 

“No! It’s not you. Something just came up that’s why I said that. But it’s not you. I’ll be hanging up now. See you later.” Jinhee said as she ended the call and turned to Zelo who was sulking in the corner.

 

“Junhong-ah,----“

 

“Everything looks good on you. And I picked that style because it’s very easy to do. But I guess you don’t like it.” Zelo mumbled with a pout.

 

“But I’m already 24 and that hair style is for kids. And I’m going to a very important meeting today I can’t go there like this.” Jinhee said as she removed the braids.

 

Zelo just nodded in understanding.

 

“So, I’ll go now okay?” Jinhee asked them as she was about to open the door but he saw Zelo’s face he was still pouting. “Can’t you just stay here with us?” He asked her with a frown.

 

“I really can’t. But I’ll try to go home as early as possible. Promise.” Jinhee said as she smiled at Zelo and her son. Zelo just stared at her. Jinhee finally thought of something and he immediately pinched his cheeks. “Junhong oppa, I’ll go now okay?” Jinhee smiled at him while batting her eyelashes cutely.

 

*No. That aegyo won’t work with me. It won’t. It won’t It….*

 

Jinhee kissed him. And all Zelo could do was to sigh. *It worked.* he thought as he shook his head. *She not in high school anymore. Why does her aegyo still work on me?*

 

Jinhee smiled. She knew that Zelo already permits her to go. “I’ll go now okay? Bye!” Jinhee bade them goodbye before finally walking out of the house.

 

“Take care Umma!” Junhee exclaimed as he waved to his mother.

 

Zelo just stood there as he watched Jinhee start the engine of the car. He couldn’t even do anything just because she kissed him.

 

“Junhee, if you’re going to marry someone make sure you don’t love her that much or you’ll be helpless over a kiss just like your Appa.” Zelo mumbled.

 

“What?” Junhee asked him as he frowned, not fully understanding what his father meant.

 

Zelo ruffled his son’s hair. “You’ll understand me when you grow up.”

 

..

 

Zelo sat beside Junhee on the sofa who was watching Pororo. And he looked really engrossed into it. He was a kid after all.

 

Zelo just smiled as he watched his son. Suddenly, he remembered that today is the Game 5 of basketball. Miami Heat versus San Antonio Spurs. “I have to watch it!” He mumbled to himself as he grabbed the remote on the table and switched the channel.

 

Zelo smiled in relief when he saw that the game has not started yet. “I made it on time.” He sighed in relief as he sat comfortably on the couch.

 

Junhee turned to him with a sour face. “Appa, I’m watching Pororo!” He complained.

 

“This is what you should watch. Basketball.” Zelo said as he pointed to the screen.

 

“But I’m still a kid. And Umma said kids should watch cartoons.” Junhee told him.

 

“Eyy, don’t believe your Mom. Bot everything she says is true. Cartoons are just for girls. Basketball is for real men. Like us. So we should watch this.” Zelo tried to persuade his son.

 

Junhee pouted. It’s not that he dislikes basketball. He just wants to watch Pororo today because it’s a special episode. That’s when he remembered what his mom told him before.

 

“Umma said that when you were in your teens you still watch Adventure Time. And that your favorite character was Princess Bubblegum. Appa there’s also a pink character in Pororo. And it’s also a girl. It’s Loopy! You might like her. So just switch the channel back to Pororo!” Junhee pouted as he tugged on his father’s arm.

 

*Why did Jinhee tell him that?* Zelo thought as he frowned. “But it’s Game 5 today Junhee. It’s very important. We have to watch it.” He tried to make Junhee understand.

 

“But there’ll be Game 7 right Appa? And you can just watch Game 5 on the internet. Pororo has replays but it going to be replayed on school hours. There’s no TV in our room Appa.” Junhee explained to his father. He just can’t miss Pororo’s episode today. No matter he should watch it. NO. MATTER. WHAT.

 

Zelo sighed as he changed the channel back to Pororo. He just can’t do anything. Junhee was too persistent. Even if Zelo would watch Basketball, in the end Junhee would be sulking and whining and he'd even tell Jinhee about this.

 

Junhee immediately hugged him the moment he saw Pororo on the television screen. “Thanks Appa!” Junhee exclaimed happily.

 

Zelo eyed his son. *Aish. He’s too intelligent for someone who’s only 4 years old. Maybe Jinhee taught him what to do. Wait.. are they teaming up against me?* Zelo thought as he bit his lip.

 

Junhong tapped his son’s shoulder. “Junhee, who do you love more? Your Umma or your handsome Appa?” He asked him.

 

Junhee turned to him. “What about you Appa? Who do you love more? Umma or your very handsome son?”

 

Zelo smiled in amusement. “Very handsome?”

 

Junhee proudly nodded. “Umma said I inherited your handsome face and since Umma is beautiful, that makes me much much more handsome than you right Appa?” Junhee smiled at him.

 

Zelo just ruffled his son’s hair. “Yeah. We’re both handsome at some point. But I’m still ahead of you. Since I’m your father.” He told him.

 

Junhee just nodded at him. And turned back to the TV.

 

Suddenly, Zelo thought of something, “Junhee if your Umma and I are both drowning, who will you save first?” He asked his son in curiosity.

 

*Who will I save?* Junhee thought about it for a moment.

 

“Are you even thinking about it?” Zelo pouted. *It should be me. So that after you save me I’ll save your Mom.* he thought.

 

“I’ll save you Appa.” Junhee said.

 

Zelo smiled happily. “Really? Why me then?”

 

“Because Umma can swim.”

 

 

“What’s with that? A polar bear is dangerous. Why is it there? A kid shouldn’t really be watching this show. It’s filled with weird characters. A penguin. A beaver. A humming bird. A crocodile. A fox. And now a polar bear. How could all of them meet in a snowy place like that. The fox, humming bird and the crocodile would die there!” Junhong mumbled as he frowned. Watching Pororo is really not for him. “Let’s just watch Lebron James shoot some hoops. It’s far more educational than Pororo.” Zelo added.

 

“It’s not educational Appa. It’s showcasing physicality. Umma won’t like those.” Junhee answered him.

 

“You’re really smart for your age.” Zelo mumbled as he watched his son. Wondering if he’s really four years old.

 

The first few minutes of watching Pororo was all about Zelo’s whinings.

 

“Look at that polar bear! He’s so big and all but he’s actually good natured? That’s not possible. Polar bears are really wild!”

“When did a fox became red?”

Why is there a humming bird in the middle of the snow?”

“So tell me how can Crong live there? Crocodiles don’t exist there. It’s a really misleading show.”

“Just look how weird that pink beaver is!”

 

 

After 30 minutes….

 

“Who’s that again, the polar bear? What’s his name again?”

“Ahh. So their names are in English. Pretty cool.”

“That Penguin is so inquisitive. He’s so curious about everything.”

“Are Petty and Pororo in a relationship? They look good together.”

“Harry is always so happy.”

 

 

….

 

 

“NO! Don’t go there Crong! That’s the wrong way! Tell Pororo to be careful!” Zelo exclaimed.

 

Junhee turned to him, stunned by his actions. Before he wasn’t really pleased with the idea of watching Pororo and now he’s even more excited and attentive than him. “Appa, do you like Pororo now?”

 

Zelo turned to him. “I’m just watching it because of you. I don’t like it that much. It's for kids remember?” He mumbled as he looked away.

 

 

 

 

6:00

 

Jinhee opened the door and was surprised to hear the two singing:

 

 

Hey! It's Pororo
I love to play all day
Come join me all my friends
Always happy,
as can be Little Penguin, Pororo

Snow covered wonderland
Make way for Pororo
Always happy, as can be
Everyday a new adventure waits for me

 

 

 

“Junhong-ah, are you singing Pororo’s theme song?” She asked him with a big grin.

 

Zelo immediately stopped singing. And turned to her. “It’s because of Junhee. I don’t really want to sing it but he’s won’t stop asking me to, so I just did.” Zelo explained. “And you should really knock before going inside our house.” He added as he frowned at her.

 

Junhee frowned. “But Appa is the one who asked to sing---“ Zelo immediately clamped his hand around Junhee's mouth. 

 

Jinhee smiled. “It’s okay. Junhong. You can sing Pororo songs even though you’re all grown up. And why should I knock? This is our house.” 

 

Zelo just pouted. “Just what is so wrong about singing that Pororo song? It was so addictive that's why I decided to sing it. That’s just it. Nothing else.” He explained.

 

Jinhee nodded. “So how was it? The special episode?” She asked.

 

“It was great Umma!” Junhee beamed happily.

 

“Crong is so dense. He always causes trouble for them. Good thing Pororo is intelligent. They always find a way to solve their problems and such. And Poby! He’s the kindest polar bear I’ve ever seen!” Zelo started rambling about how good the show was even surpassing his son’s happiness.

 

Jinhee just smiled. Sometimes she doesn't even know who is her son. *Zelo’s still a kid no matter how he grows.*

 

 

 

 

================================================================================

 

 

 

Thank you for all your comments! I really appreciate it. :))))