CHAPTER 76: KISS?

Stupid Love Letter

 

A/N: Since most of you hates Chanyeollie~ More JinYeol. Bwahahahaha. XD Kidding. This is really planned. :)

 

 

=================================================

 

 

 

Baekhyun silently watched as Chanyeol happily talked about what happened during their field trip. He wasn’t exactly pleased about hearing his stories about her. Because he knew the more he talked about her, the more he fell for her. And he shouldn’t.

 

Because she is Zelo’s girlfriend.

 

Chanyeol smiled as he recalled what happened on the forest. “And you know what? I was trying to remove the stink bug from her hair but she suddenly told me that if I move she’ll definitely punch me!” He chuckled as he turned to Baekhyun and his smile slowly faded as soon as he saw Baekhyun’s expression.

 

He didn’t look happy at all.

 

Chanyeol sighed in depression. “I know what you’re going to say.”

 

“I know you like her. But she’s Junhong’s girlfriend! He’s your brother. Think about how he will feel if he found out about this.” Baekhyun carefully explained to him. He wants Chanyeol to understand him. Because this is also for him.

 

“What about me? What about how I feel?”

 

“But you’re the older brother! You should unders---“

 

“I’ve been doing that for my entire life. I’ve always been trying to understand him. I’m always sacrificing for him. Can’t I think about myself for now? Can’t I be happy?” Chanyeol asked. His tone was rising indicating that he was angry.

 

Baekhyun walked towards him and patted his shoulder to comfort him. “I know how you feel.”

 

Chanyeol lightly pushed his hand away. “No. You don’t. And you will never do.” He mumbled as he walked away.

 

 

Chanyeol pouted as he walked around the streets. *I’ll just walk around to relax my mind and to unwind.* He thought as he continued walking.

 

Suddenly, he saw an orange rolling down the street.

 

 

“Jinhee, I’ll just go to the grocery to buy the ingredients that I forgot to buy yesterday.” Jinhee’s father told her before he went outside the house.

 

“Yes Appa!” Jinhee answered back as she heated the pan and took out the cooking oil.

 

It was her father’s birthday. Since he was so excited about cooking yesterday, he forgot to buy some ingredients. Jinhee smiled as she shook her head upon remembering that.

 

Then she glanced at the clock that was hung on the wall. 12:00. She read the time as she washed her hands in the sink.

 

“1 more hour and Zelo will be here.” Jinhee mumbled to herself happily.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

While they were walking to school,

“This Saturday,my father will be celebrating his 41st birthday. Do you want to.. celebrate with us?” Jinhee asked him.

 

Zelo’s eyes lit up as he turned to her. “So that means, it’ll be you, me and Aboji?” He asked with his eyes full of excitement. *That means I’ll be with Jinhee for a whole day. There’ll be no Chanyeol hyung.*

 

Jinhee nodded. “It’ll be the three of us. Appa doesn’t have any siblings and our other relatives they’re far from here… so Appa told me to invite you. So, can we expect you this Saturday?” Jinhee asked.

 

“YES.” Zelo answered with a big grin.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

Jinhee’s father already brought all the ingredients that he needed and ended up buying 3 full bags of groceries. He didn’t want to forget anything else so he bought everything even if it’s not included in his list. Jinhee wouldn’t mind. It’s his birthday anyway.

 

The problem is, carrying three full bags of grocery is kinda hard. His fingers are already sore and he felt like the plastic is going to be torn anytime.*I better hurry home.* He thought as he started walking faster.

 

But it was no use. The third plastic bag torn and all of the fruits and vegetables packed inside it rolled on the cold floor. And the best part is, that plastic bag is the one that contains the apples and oranges. Meaning, he’d have to collect all of those again. He thought as he watched the apples and oranges rolled into different directions.

 

He sighed. *I should’ve brought Jinhee along with me so that she can help me pick these up.* He thought as he bent down and started picking up the apples.

 

“Ahjusshi, do you need help?”  Chanyeol asked as he politely smiled at Jinhee’s father.

(Note: Chanyeol was not aware that he was Jinhee’s father. ^^)

 

..

 

“Wait here. I’ll go get something to drink. You must be tired.” Jinhee’s father told Chanyeol as he motioned him to sit on the couch.

 

He shook his head. “No sir, it’s okay. I’ll just go.”

 

Jinhee’s father frowned at him. “Today is my birthday. Just stay over and eat with us. This is my way of thanking you.” He said.

 

Chanyeol just awkwardly nodded. He doesn’t even know who this man was. They were both strangers. But he can feel that he was a good guy. So he smiled. “Deh.”

 

“I’ll just bring this to the kitchen.” Jinhee’s father said as he raised the plastic bags.

 

“Do you need help?” Chanyeol asked as he stood up.

 

He shook his head. “No. Just sit there.”

 

After that, Jinhee’s father went straight to the kitchen and hurried to Jinhee’s side. “Jinhee, I’m with someone. Hurry and bring some juice.” He told her as he placed the plastic bags on the table.

 

“Someone? Who?” Jinhee asked him. All this time she thought it’ll be just the three of them celebrating his dad’s birthday. Her. His dad and Zelo.

 

So who was the other one?

 

Her dad scratched his head. “I forgot to ask his name. But he’s polite and very approachable. I’m sure you’ll get along with him.” He smiled.

 

..

 

Jinhee went out of the kitchen holding a pitcher of juice. She didn’t bother looking at the visitor. Her attention was on the juice. She was walking very slowly because the pitcher is full. It’ll spill if she’ll walk fast. *Appa made too much.* She thought.

 

Chanyeol blinked as he saw Jinhee approaching him. *What now? Am I just imagining her or she’s really here?* He thought as he rubbed his eyes. And he was able to prove that he was not dreaming. It was really her. He smiled. “Jinhee.” He called her.

 

Jinhee looked up. Her eyes automatically widened. “Oh! What are you doing here?” She asked him curiously.

 

He went towards her and got the pitcher from her. “I saw your Dad when I was walking around. I helped him and here I am.” He smiled as he placed the pitcher on the table.

 

Jinhee nodded in understanding. “Really? Thanks for helping my Dad.” She said as she sat on the couch.

 

Chanyeol just nodded as he sat beside her. He eyed her from the corner of his eyes. Jinhee was wearing a simple oversized tee and shorts matched with white flats. *She looks pretty no matter what she wears.* He thought as he silently admired her beauty.

 

“Here’s some cookies.” Her Dad suddenly arrived with a plate full of cookies.

 

Chanyeol immediately stood up and bowed to him 90 degrees. “I’m really sorry Sir. I should’ve treated you more politely. I really didn’t know that Jinhee is your daughter.” he apologized tensely.

 

Jinhee’s father eyed him. “You know Jinhee?”

 

Jinhee answered for Chanyeol. “He’s my friend. His name is Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Oh. I see.” Her father nodded as he turned to Chanyeol with a smile.

 

Jinhee stood up. “I’ll go back to the kitchen. I’m going to cook the pasta.” She said as she went back to the kitchen.

 

“I’ll go grill some barbeques outside. They’re my favorite.” Jinhee’s father told Chanyeol. “Do you like those?” he asked.

 

He nodded with a polite smile.

 

“That’s great. I’ll make extra for you.”

 

“Do you need help?” Chanyeol asked him.

 

He shook his head. “I’m fine. If you’d like just help Jinhee. She’s the one who needs help.”

 

“APPA! I CAN HEAR YOU!” Jinhee exclaimed from the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol smiled. “I’ll just help her.”

 

..

 

Chanyeol hid behind the kitchen door and quietly watched Jinhee cook. She was reading the procedures on how to cook pasta on her phone. A smile appeared in his lips as he watched her frown. It seems like she doesn’t know what to do next.

 

Chanyeol went towards her. “Need help?” He asked.

 

Jinhee shook her head. “No. You’re a guest. You should just wait outside.”

 

“You sure?”

 

Jinhee eyed him and then she turned to the pasta she was cooking. It didn’t look like edible at all. *I have to cook pasta today. It’s my father’s birthday. I have to show him my cooking skills.* She thought. “Okay. You can help me.” She told him.

 

..

 

“You’re good at cooking!” Jinhee told him in approval as she tasted the pasta which he was only supposed to help her cook, but he ended up cooking it all.

 

“From now on, I’ll call you Chef Chanyeol.” She grinned.

 

Chanyeol just smiled. “Thanks.”

 

“Do you take cooking lessons?” She asked him.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “No. It’s just my dream to be a chef.” He told her with a gloomy smile.

 

Jinhee turned to him. “So you’ll be a chef after you graduate?”

 

“Mmm. Probably no. My mother doesn’t want a chef as her son. She wants me to continue our business.” Chanyeol mumbled sadly. “So, there’ll be no Chef Chanyeol.” He tried to joke.

 

But Jinhee didn’t laugh. She was a bit affected by what he had told her. “You should do what you want! If cooking is what you enjoy, then you should be a chef.” She told him.

 

“It’s not a big deal. A business man can always cook. Right?” He assured her as he ruffled her hair.

 

“AH!” Jinhee cried out as she placed her hand on her left eye.

 

“Why? What happened?” Chanyeol asked her worriedly.

 

Jinhee shook her head. “Nothing. My eye just.. it’s just itchy.” She mumbled as she rubbed her eye.

 

Chanyeol grabbed her hand. Don’t rub it. That’ll make it worse.” He scolded her. Then he lifted up her chin. “I’ll blow on it.”

 

..

 

“Aboji!” Zelo greeted Jinhee’s dad with a big smile as he opened the gate.

 

“Junhong-ah, you’re late.” He told Zelo as he grilled the barbeque.

 

Zelo went to his side and grabbed a barbeque. He chewed on it and displayed various facial expressions before finally saying how it tastes like.

 

“How is it?” Jinhee’s father asked.

 

“IT’S TOO SPICY!” Zelo exclaimed as he stuck his tongue out and fanned it. “Wa..ter!” He cried out.

 

“I don’t have water here. Go to the kitchen. Jinhee’s also there. And I forgot to tell you. We have a visitor...” When Jinhee’s father looked back, he noticed that Zelo was already gone. “That kid really.” he mumbled as he shook his head in amusement.

 

..

 

*It’s so spicy.* Zelo thought as he immediately made his way to the kitchen while still fanning his burning tongue.


As he went inside the kitchen, he suddenly stopped on his tracks when he saw Chanyeol and Jinhee. *What is Chanyeol hyung doing here?* He asked himself as he frowned. He honestly thought he'd be able to spend the whole day with Jinhee. *Why is he here? Did Jinhee invite him?*

 

As he walked on further, he thought he saw Chanyeol kissing Jinhee. His blood boiled in jealousy. And in that moment, he was able to forget how spicy the barbeque was.

 

Zelo immediately walked towards them and the first thing that came to his mind is to grab Chanyeol by his arm and hurl him on the wall. He couldn’t think of anything else than that. He was swallowed by the jealousy he felt that time.

 

“Junhong!” Jinhee exclaimed at him. But it was no use. Zelo just ignored her.

 

“What the hell did you do to her?!” Zelo asked him as he grabbed Chanyeol by his collar. His eyes were full of hatred.

 

Chanyeol didn’t say a word. He knew Zelo wouldn’t listen to anything he would say. he was blinded by anger anyways. So he just stood there, doing nothing but to stare at him.

 

Even though Chanyeol did nothing but stare at him, it made Zelo feel more anxious. Chanyeol didn’t do anything to provoke him. But it had the opposite effect on Zelo. He was very irritated with him despite the fact that Chanyeol wasn’t even doing anything.

 

“Stop it.” Jinhee tried to stop Zelo.

 

“Are you not going to say anything?!” Zelo exclaimed at him as he raised his fist. He was going to punch him. "You're trying to steal her away from me! Did you think I wouldn't notice it?!"

 

“Choi Junhong stop it!” Jinhee exclaimed at him.

 

Zelo halted to a stop. His fist was just a few inches from Chanyeol’s face. Zelo breathed heavily as he turned to Jinhee.

 

“Why did you stop me? He kissed you didn’t he? Why are you not mad at him?” Zelo asked her. His tone was low and gentle. He couldn’t be mad at Jinhee after all.

 

“You’re wrong! He’s not kissing me. My eye just got itchy. He was trying to help me.” Jinhee explained to him.

 

Zelo shook his head. “But he---“

 

“Apologize.” Jinhee told him.

 

Zelo’s eyes widened. “What?! Why do I have to do that? He was---“

 

“Choi Junhong.” Jinhee mumbled as she eyed him.

 

*Why do I have to say sorry? I didn’t even do anything wrong.* He defended himself in his thoughts. Zelo sighed in defeat before turning to Chanyeol. “Mian.” He apologized half-heartedly as he looked away.

 

 

 

=====================================================

 

 

EXO's WOLF MV is already out~ Chanyeol is so handsome~!! aaaaand he has more lines~ <3

 

..