CHAPTER 61: JEJU!

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

 

===============================================================================

 

 

Zelo paced around the living room impatiently while biting his lip. *What’s taking her so long? Is it possible that she’s not coming with us? What if I don’t get to spend this summer vacation with her?* He thought as he started biting his nails.

“Don’t worry. She’s going down soon.” His beloved Aboji assured him as he tapped his shoulder.

“Park Jinhee! What’s taking you so long?” Jinhee’s father shouted. Zelo was waiting for her for about an hour already. So he wanted to know what was happening to her.

“I’m coming!” A voice shouted back.

Her dad smiled at Zelo. “See? She’s coming down.”

Zelo slightly nodded. *Finally.*

He patted Zelo’s head. “Take care of her okay? Jinhee easily gets lost so always keep an eye on her.” He added.

“Don’t worry about that Aboji.” Zelo assured him with a smile.

Finally Jinhee came down with pacing footsteps. She was holding her overly stuffed luggage. Atlast, Zelo was able to breathe. “I’m here.” She smiled as she arranged her fringe. Zelo immediately grabbed her luggage and bowed to her dad. “We’ll be leaving Aboji.”

“Bye dad!” Jinhee hugged her father and planted a kiss on his cheek.

“Take care and have fun!” Her father patted her back.

Jinhee nodded with a big smile. “I will.”

With that Zelo and Jinhee walked towards the car which was waiting for already an hour.

“What took you guys so long?” Yongguk asked as he started the engine.

Zelo pointed to Jinhee. Jinhe sighed. “Sorry. I woke up late.” She scratched the back of her head as she get inside the car. Zelo quickly followed her, sat beside her and closed the door.

 

….

 

 “Did you bring everything?” Daehyun asked Youngjae while he was playing with his phone.

Youngjae nodded sleepily. “I brought everything.”

Jongup tapped Youngjae’s shoulder. “Hyung did you bring my watermelon?” Jongup asked excitedly.

“Your what?” Youngjae asked as he rubbed his eyes.

“My watermelon.” Jongup answered.

Daehyun raised his eyebrow at him. “Watermelon?” He asked in confusion.

“The one that he was hugging while he was asleep.” Zelo pointed out as he took out his small pillow.

Yongguk eyed them using the car’s rearview mirror infront. “You were hugging a watermelon Jonguppie?” Everyone inside the car laughed as they turned to Jongup, waiting for his answer.

“I wasn’t hugging it!” Jongup insisted as he shook his head.

“You were.” Zelo mumbled. “I saw you.”

“I just kept it beside me so that I wouldn’t forget to bring it. But I guess I did.” He pouted.

“Don’t worry. We can always buy watermelons in Jeju.” Daehyun assured him as he patted Jongup’s head.

Jongup sighed. “But that was a special one.”

“Special? Why? How much does it cost?” Himchan asked him as he was about to take out his wallet.

“I don’t know. The ahjumma told me that it was a special one. Maybe because it’s green.” He shrugged with a small pout.

“Jongup-ah, all watermelons are green.” Youngjae butted in as he took out a book. ‘The Fault in our Stars’ and started reading it so that he would be awake.

“Tch. Classes are over. Stop reading books nerd.” Daehyun . But Youngae just ignored his comment and continued reading the book.

“Yongguk-ah, is Jieun coming with us?” Himchan asked in the middle of nowhere.

Before Yongguk could answer him, Lime intervened. “Why are you always asking about Jieun? Do you like her? Huh?”

Himchan immediately shook his head. “No! I was---“

“If you like her then just go to her and I’ll go to Yongguk! Right Yongguk-oppa?” She asked as she turned to Yongguk.

“Uhhhh…” Yongguk stuttered as he was driving.

“You can’t do that! Yonnguk oppa is mine!” Jinhee said.

Zelo turned to her with furrowed brows. “Yah! Park Jinhee!”

Everyone inside the car laughed.

Lime turned to Himchan.”But for real, you’re always mentioning that girl.” She told him with as she narrowed her eyes on him.

“It’s because she’s Yongguk’s girlfriend!” He tried to defend his side.

“Hey! She’s not yet my girlfriend!” Yongguk exclaimed.

“Not yet? So she will be in the future? Right hyung?” Jongup asked as he analyzed the situation.

“You bunch of fools.” Yongguk mumbled under his breath as he shook his head with a small smile.

The road trip was fun. Daehyun was bugging Youngjae while he was reading the book with his singing. And he’s got a nice voice too. Soon all of them were singing, chatting loudly, annoying the leader, playing jokes and eating snacks.

2 hours later,

The van became quiet. Everyone was already asleep except for Yongguk since he was driving.

He eyed everyone using the mirror infront and smiled. *They were all exhausted.* He thought as he slightly shook his head.

 

 

…..

 

 

Youngjae lightly slapped Daehyun’s forehead as he shook him to and fro. “Get up. We’re here.”

Daehyun slowly opened his eyes while grumbling incoherent words. Then, he went back to sleep again.

Yongguk and Jongup are already carrying their bags to Youngjae’s house. Himchan was outside the car taking pictures with his beloved Lime.

And lastly, Jinhee was sleeping dreamily at Zelo’s shoulder. Yongguk came back to get more bags and saw Zelo watching Jinhee sleep.

“Hurry and wake her up.” Yongguk whispered at him as he slung the bag on his arm.

Zelo pouted. “But she’s still sleeping.”

“I’m sure she’ll love the scenery here. So hurry and wake her up.” Yongguk said as he gave him his famous gummy smile and walked away.

Zelo turned to Jinhee and smiled. Then he took out his phone and took a picture with her. Satisfied with the picture, he kept his phone and he poked her cheek. “Jinhee~ wake up.” He cooed her.

Jinhee slightly stirred and slapped his hand away. Zelo chuckled. Then he scooted closer to her and lightly pinched her nose. “Jinhee, wake up. we’re here already.”

Jinhee opened her eyes and pushed Zelo’s hand away. “Is that a nice way to wake me up?” She asked as she ran her fingers through her hair and her lips. “Now I’m fully awake.” She mumbled to herself.

Zelo went out of the car and waited for Jinhee outside. Finally Jinhee went out of the car. Zelo immediately held her hand and they walked towards Youngjae’s house hand in hand.

 

 

===============================================================================

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE