CHAPTER 71: HURT

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

=====================================================

 

 

Chanyeol breathed heavily and tried to stay calm as he spoke. “Your girlfriend… what’s her name?” He asked Zelo even though he had this feeling that he knew the answer.

 

But he still asked. Maybe.. just maybe he was wrong.

 

“Her name? Her name’s Park Jinhee.”

 

Chanyeol froze. For an instance, he felt his heart stop.

 

The truth that he’s trying to avoid finally came. He looked up at them.

 

*Jinhee is Junhong’s girlfriend.* His brows furrowed as he bit his lip.

 

His heart broke into million pieces as Junhong told him that Jinhee was his girlfriend. And thinking about it pains him more.

 

Chanyeol just couldn’t believe that the girl he’s been mentioning to Junhong is actually his girlfriend. The girl the he’s been bragging to Baekhyun and his mom was Junhong’s. The girl that he’s been looking for, for so long, couldn’t be his in the end.

 

Everything seemed like a big joke to him. But sadly, it wasn’t. It was reality.

 

It was the reality that he can’t have Jinhee. He can’t have the girl that his heart yearns for.

 

What hurts him the most is, of all of the people, why should it be his brother?

 

“Hyung?”

 

Chanyeol bit his lip. His tears forming in his eyes. Hearing Junhong’s voice brings anguish to him. But he knows that he can’t blame Zelo. And that’s what hurts him the most. 

 

“Hyung? Are you still there?” Zelo asked with full of concern.

 

Chanyeol nodded as if his brother could see him. He took a deep breath and sighed. “I’m still here.” He said in a creaky voice.

 

“What happened to your voice? Are you sick?”

 

Chanyeol let out a bitter smile. “Yes. There’s something inside of me that hurts.” He said as he tried to suppress his tears from falling. “It.. really hurts.”

 

“Why? Are you injured? You should go to the hospital so that you won’t feel hurt anymore.”

 

He shook his head as his tears finally ran down his cheeks. “I ..don’t think they have medicine for this kind of injury.” He said as he bit his lip so that Junhong wouldn’t hear him crying.

 

“Ofcourse they have! What kind of hospital are they if they don’t---“

 

“I’ll hang up now.” Chanyeol cut him off as he ended the call. Because if he didn’t hang up, he knew he’ll burst out crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s with him? Why did he end the call?” Zelo mumbled to himself as he scratched his head in confusion.

 

Jinhee leaned over his phone to see what he was doing. “Why? What happened?” She asked with curiosity evident in her eyes.

 

Zelo shook his head with a small smile. “It’s nothing.” He answered her as he slid his phone back in his pocket. *I’ll just text him later.*

 

Jinhee nodded in approval and turned to him. “So where are we going? You said we’re going to a fun place right? Where is it” She asked him.

 

Zelo grinned like an innocent kid. “Anywhere would be a fun place if I’m with you.”

 

Jinhee looked away as her cheeks turned red. “Whatever.” Jinhee mumbled as she walked past him, trying to hide the smile that was escaping her lips. *Zelo never fails to make me smile.* She thought as she shook her head a little.

 

“I saw that! You were blushing right?” Zelo asked as he ran after her.

 

“I’m not!” Jinhee denied as she walked in a faster pace leaving Zelo behind.

 

“I definitely saw that! You were really blushing! You’re cheeks are red!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Appa, I’m home. Junhong is with me.” Jinhee announced as she took off her shoes and went inside her house with Zelo trailing behind her.

 

“Aboji!” He greeted Jinhee’s father with a big smile.

 

Jinhee’s father smiled back. “How was the lunch that Jinhee made? You know Jinhee woke up really early just to do that and she even inju--- AHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

Jinhee purposely stepped in her father’s left foot to stop him from saying everything. “Oh, Mianhe Appa. Your foot was in the way.”  She apologized half-heartedly while glaring at him.

 

Her father just made a face at her and turned to Junhong. “How was the lunch?” He asked.

 

Zelo smiled as he raised his thumb. “It was the best. My classmates were so jealous of me because my girlfriend cooked for me. But one of them stole the kimbap!” He frowned like a kid who lost his chocolate.

 

“Stolen?” Jinhee’s father asked.

 

Zelo immediately nodded. “I was just showing it to him but he suddenly ate it.” He pouted.

 

“But he said it was good. But still….”

 

“So you were boasting it off?” Jinhee asked him.

 

“Ofcourse! It’s something to be proud of.” Zelo grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​Chanyeol arrived at his house with an unreadable expression plastered on his face. He didn’t even greet the maids when he arrived like he usually does. The smile on his face wasn’t there and his eyes are puffy and red.

 

He opened the door to his room and was surprised when he saw his best friend Baekhyun watching the TV.

 

He sighed as he walked inside. “Baek, I’m tired. Get out of my room.” Chanyeol told him as he placed his bag on his table beside his bed.

 

Baekhyun frowned. “But I was planning on staying longer.” He said, not tearing his eyes away from the TV screen.

 

Chanyeol quietly sighed. “Just go.”

 

“I’ll just wait for this TV show to end and I’ll go. Swear.” Baekhyun said as he raised his right hand.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes and tried to stay calm. What he wanted was to be alone. Why is it so hard to be alone? Why can’t he understand him?

 

Baekhyun finally faced him. “I’m actually here to talk about last time.”

 

Chanyeol gave him a small frown. “What last time?” He asked in a weak tone.

 

“I think you were upset with what I said about Jinhee.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

As he mentioned the name Jinhee, Chanyeol felt hurt. Remembering her makes him remember Junhong too.  “Let’s not talk about that today.” Chanyeol told him.

 

*He’s really hurt about it?* Baekhyun sighed. “Okay. Don’t worry. From now on, I’ll support you about her. I won’t be like before. I swear, If you really like her that much, then I’ll----“

 

“SHUT UP!” Chanyeol exclaimed in anger.

 

Baekhyun stopped talking, his mouth wide open. Chanyeol wasn’t really the type who shouts. *What happened to him?* He thought.

 

*No. I shouldn’t get mad with Baekhyun. He didn’t do anything wrong.* Chanyeol closed his eyes as he raked his fingers through his hair. “I’m..  I’m sorry Baek.” He mumbled in a low tone. “It’s just..”

 

“What exactly happened to you?” Baekhyun asked him. Worry was evident in his voice. He knew Chanyeol was troubled. And he wanted to know why.

 

Chanyeol breathed heavily and slowly turned to him. “I guess you’re right. Jinhee… she’s not for me.” he said as he shook his head with a small fake smile.

 

“What? No! I take back my words. Don’t listen to me. Continue liking her! Maybe I was just---“

“You don’t understand it. She already has a boyfriend.” Chanyeol explained.

 

“So what if she has a boyfriend? Right? It’s not like you’ll----“

 

“It’s Junhong.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him with furrowed brows. “What? How could that happen? It must be a mistake. How can it be---“

 

“It’s for real. Jinhee is …Junhong’s girlfriend.” He explained with a small sigh. As much as he hates to admit it, it was the truth.

 

“So what are you going to do now?” Baekhyun asked him.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Dunno.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But I said I don’t want to go!” Zelo exclaimed to the person he was talking to in his phone.

 

“No! I’m at Jinhee’s house. And that’s miles and miles away from school.”

 

“You don’t understand it!”

 

 

Few seconds later, Zelo ended the call with a gloomy face.

 

“Who’s that?” Jinhee asked him.

 

Zelo frowned. “It’s Jonghyun. He wants me to go back to school. He said there’s a meeting about the field trip.”

 

Jinhee quietly nodded. *He’s going already…* She thought as she bit her lip.

 

Zelo turned to her. “Just tell me not to go and I won’t go. I’ll stay here. And we’ll---“

 

Jinhee smiled at him. “You should go.”

 

“Nooooo!” Junhong whined like a kid. “School’s too far from here and I’m with you. Why should I go?”

 

“You’re the president of your class right? You have your responsibilities. So you should really go.” Jinhee tried to encourage him. Even though there’s a little part of her telling her not to let Zelo go because they rarely see each other.

 

“I’m your boyfriend and I have responsibilities too.” Zelo mimicked her.

 

Jinhee sighed. As always, he’s not listening to her. “But that’s meeting is important right?” She asked him.

 

“You’re more important than that meeting.” He pouted.

 

Jinhee smiled. *He’s just too cute.* She thought.

 

Zelo let out a small sigh. He didn’t really want to leave. If he could, he would stop the time just to be with her for a little bit longer.

 

“Do you really want me to go that much? Don’t you want me to sta---“ Zelo couldn’t continue what he was saying because he felt Jinhee’s lips on his right cheek.

 

Jinhee pulled away. “You can go now right?” She asked as she bit her lip.

 

Zelo smiled as he placed his hand over his right cheek. “Did you… just kiss me?” He asked, still not able to believe what Jinhee just did.

 

She nodded as she started pushing him towards the door. “I did. So you should go to the meeting. Okay?” She asked him.

 

Zelo sighed as he nodded. "Okay. I'll see you at school tomorrow." He finally surrendered. Jinhee smiled as she waved him goodbye. 

 

"If we have a meeting tommorrow, I'll refuse to go again so that you will kiss me." Zelo grinned as he ran away.

 

Jinhee just smiled. "If that happens again, I won't kiss you so that you won't have to leave again." She mumbled to herself.

 

 

====================================================

 

Sorry for the late update. ^^

 

I have an announcement~!!! It's not about the story but it's something really important. (This is the reason why I always update late. Hahaha.)

PLEASE read it. Specially the Filipino readers. ^^

 

Lioele is going to have a make-up class powered by Asian Sky Mall! 

ASM-ABEC-TICKET-04-13-2013-for-FB-or-Sit

 

 

Attend Lioele’s Advanced Beauty Enhancement & Career Program (ABEC) for only P2,500!!

 

The ticket price is very reasonable because it has full package inclusions like:

-Skin Care Lecture

-Make-up Tutorial

-Career Opportunity

 

and in the 2,500 that you paid for, there are also FREEBIES like:

-PERSONAL MAKE-UP KIT!!! (the price of this personal make-up kit is normally P3,000. But now it’s just 2,500!)

-Brochure

-Lifetime discount for Lioele Products!

-Hand-outs

-Certificate of Participation

 

The ticket price 2,500 is really worth it because the package has many inclusions and the freebies are really good. The date is also tentative. So you can still join. :)

Please send [email protected] an email or contact 09178014352 for reservation and more details!

 

 

 

If anyone's interested, PLEASE send me a PM first. Thank you very much. Let's all support Lioele and Asian Sky Mall. :D

 

Thank you!