CHAPTER 57: I LOVE YOU! YOU IDIOT!

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

=================================================================================

 

 

 

Zelo rapidly ran across the corridors of the hospital. The head nurse told him that Jinhee is in room 413. So he didn’t ask anything anymore and quickly dashed away.

 

He really needs to see Jinhee right now. Finally he’s at the fourth floor.

 

“408…409….410…411…” Zelo carefully read the numbers attached at the top portion of the door. Few more steps and he’s at 413.

 

He suddenly walked passed by a doctor. Behind him was a nurse. And they both look sad. Zelo accidentally overheard their conversation.

 

“That girl will not really last for long. You should call her parents.” he said as he checked his records. The nurse nodded sadly. And they continued walking away.

 

Could they be referring to Jinhee? He worriedly thought. They said it was a girl. And they were from the same floor where Jinhee’s room was. And from what I heard, she won’t last long. And Yongguk hyung told me Jinhee’s on a 50/50 condition… Is Jinhee..

 

No… no way. Zelo thought as she ran towards room 413 and stopped right in front of it. He placed his hand on the knob but he couldn’ make himself to turn it. He couldn’t open the door. He was imagining Jinhee lying down with her eyes closed and tons of tubes connected to her body from the machine.

 

No. Stop thinking about those. Jinhee’s okay. He reminded his self as he tried to smile and slowly, he slowly opened the door trying not to create a sound. Zelo peeked through the small opening of the door. He roamed his eyes around the room. And he spotted Jinhee at the bed. She was sitting while reading a book.

 

*I thought she was in a 50/50 condition? Why’s she like that? She should rest.* He pouted. She’s as stubborn as always. But it’s a good thing that she’s not in a horrible situation unlike what I have imagined. *No. What if she doesn’t have those tubes because she’s dying soon? What if she just decided to die just like that? No way…* He thought as he opened the door and quickly ran towards her.

 

Jinhee’s eyes rounded in surprise as soon as she saw him inside the room. “Why’re you here?” She managed to ask him as she tried to stay calm.

 

Zelo lightly pushed Jinhee back to bed, tucking her inside the blanket. “You should be resting. Why’re you reading a book?!” He scolded her, completely ignoring her question.

 

He crouched down and tried to find the cables and tubes under the bed that should be attached to a patient. But there wasn’t. He also tried opening the cabinets but he couldn’t find them. *Just where are those?*

 

“What are you looking for?” Jinhee asked in confusion.

 

Zelo looked around the room. “The tubes.. the wirings.. you know the cables.. the ones they put to the patients.” He said as he tried to find them inside the room.

 

“Oh.. the medical tubes and everything? They’re here.” Jinhee said as she patted the small cabinet next to her.

 

Zelo immediately opened the cabinet and grabbed the cables or whatever they were called. He wanted to attach those to Jinhee as soon as he can. He wanted to prolong her life if he could.

 

He unwired the cable and stared at it. *How do I attach it to her?* He thought as he tried to figure it out but he couldn’t. He really couldn’t. *Oh gosh. Where did all my brains go just when I needed it the most?* He panicked as he scratched his head in confusion.

 

He tried to picture the patients in coma that he sees in various dramas on TV. They had those nose piece something and mouth piece something. The end of the cable was attached to the machine and the other end has a needle which will be inserted to the patient’s body. That’s it. His eyes brightened as he attached the other end of the tube to the machine and gave Jinhee the nose piece. “Place this on your nose.” he gently told her.

 

Jinhee blinked at him. *Is he really asking me to put that on my nose? No way.* Jinhee lightly pushed Zelo’s hand. “Stop your jokes.”

 

Zelo shook his head. ‘I’m not joking. Hurry and put this on!” He told Jinhee with a serious expression.

“What now? You want to play Doctor? I’m not in the mood. Leave. You said you don’t want to see me anymore right? Just what are you doing here?” She asked him with a glare. She was getting irritated at Zelo’s games.

 

The male before him frowned. “I’m not playing! I’m trying to save your life!” he exclaimed because Jinhee wouldn’t listen and he thought she doesn’t have enough time left.

 

Perplexity was now written in Jinhee’s face. *Save my life? What the heck?* She shook her head. “What are you talking about? Explain. Expound. Elaborate.” She ordered him.

 

“Well.. Yongguk hyung talked to me. We kinda.. uh..” Zelo coyly rubbed the back of his neck, trying to find the right words to say. “He said you’re in the hospital. So I thought, I’d visit you.” He grinned lightly.

 

*That’s just it? So if Yongguk didn’t tell him about me he won’t come/ Aish. This guy really…* “You already saw me right? That’s it. You may go now.” Jinhee nodded to the door, indicating him to leave.

 

Zelo blinked. “No. I just came here. Why would I leave?” He pouted.

 

“You went here to know if I’m fine right? I’m fine. Perfectly. You may go. Now.” She coldly told him as she began to read the book.

 

Zelo shook his head with a determined look. “I’ll stay. Yongguk hyung said you’re in a terrible condition. I’ll stay here with you.”

 

Jinhee’s brows knotted in confusion. “Terrible condition?” I just fainted. What kind of bad condition is he talking about.

 

“He told me that you’re dying. So I rushed here. And I was----“

 

Jinhee’s loud laughter suddenly filled the four corners of the room. She was laughing so hard that tears even came out from her eyes. Zelo frowned. *What’s so funny?* Jinhee noticed the expression on his face and tried to stop laughing. “Sorry… I just… find this… really.. funny.” She said in between her chuckles.

 

“What is funny?” He asked with a small pout. He was being serious and there gos Jinhee, laughing all her heart out.

 

 

RING.. RING.. RING.. RING.. RING..

 

 

Jinhee’s phone rang even before she could respond to him. She stared at the screen. It was Yongguk. Jinhee cleared and tried to speak normally.

 

“Why did you call?” Jinhee asked him in a polite tone.

 

“Is Zelo there already?”

 

Jinhee chuckled as she glanced at Zelo. “Yes. He’s here. And he said I was dying. You should really stop pranking him. He had those tubes. He said he wants to save my life. It’s really.. hilarious.”

 

*Prank?!* Zelo’s eyes widened as a small tinge of red appeared in his cheeks. Now everything was clear to Zelo. So Yongguk hyung just pranked me. *So embarrassing.* He thought as he bit his lower lip while trying to recall what he did earlier.

 

“Oh.. that. I told him that. I thought I should.. so I did.”

 

She nodded in understanding. “But why did you call?”

 

“I thought you should plan a little revenge. So I’m here to help you out.”

 

Jinhee blinked in surprise. *A revenge?* She thought for it for a nanosecond. And a smirk appeared in her face. *It’s not such a bad idea. After all, I’ve gone through a lot for him.*

 

And so.. the plan to take a little bit of revenge on Zelo was formed. An alliance between Yongguk and Jinhee who were really affected when Zelo was still down in the dumps was created.

 

A small scowl was evident on Zelo’s face as he watched Jinhee talk happily with Yongguk. *Just what are they talking about?* he pouted with a small sigh. He’s never seen Jinhee this happy. It must be because she’s talking with Yongguk hyung. *What now? Am I getting jealous again?* He wondered as he shook his head a little. *I shouldn’t be jealous.*

 

“Ah.. yes. I’m a little dizzy when I woke up but I’m fine now Oppa.”

 

His eyes widened. *Oppa? Why did she call him Oppa?!*

 

“Eh? Lunch? At Friday? Mmm… that sounds good. Okay! Call!” She smiled.

 

What now? Are they going out on a date? And why’s she smiling like that? When I asked her out on our first date, she was not smiling! She’s sulking here and there.

 

 

---

 

 

After waiting for a few minutes which seemed like eternity to Zelo, the call finally ended.

 

Zelo turned to Jinhee with a look. “What’s with that? Are you going on dates without my permission?” He asked her as he narrowed his eyes on her.

 

Jinhee shook her head innocently. “No. Not.. yet. This Friday I will.”

 

Zelo’s eyes widened as he bolted up from his seat. “What?! You’re planning on going? No way.”

 

“And why should I not?”

 

Zelo gave her a look. “You’re my girlfriend remember?”

 

Jinhee smirked. “We broke up remember?” She mocked him.

 

Junhong blinked in surprise. “We ..broke up? We did? No we did not!” He answered his own question.

 

“Yes we did. You gave me back my necklace right? That’s it. We broke up. And you said you don’t want to see me anymore right?” She said with a glare.

 

Zelo shook his head with a creased brow. “No.. that.. I just.. gave it to you because.. I just want you.. to uh.. hold it for me.” he reasoned out.

 

“But you still told me to stop seeing you. You even shouted at me remember?”

 

Zelo his lips and tried to find an answer to her question. “But.. I still….”

 

Jinhee pointed to the door. “You may go now.”

 

Zelo was about to protest but Jinhee’s phone rang. Again. *What's with her phone ringing everytime I'm talking to her?!*

 

 

 

 

RING.. RING.. RING.. RING.. RING..

 

 

 

 

“ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!” Jinhee’s father exclaimed from the other line.

 

Jinhee winced and just nodded. “Yes, Appa. I’m fine. Really. Nothing serious.”

 

“But they said you collapsed and you---“

 

“I said I’m fine right? I’m really fine Dad.” Jinhee tried to reassure him.

 

“Is Junhong there?”

 

Jinheee took a glimpse of Zelo who was pouting cutely in a corner. “Yes. Dad. Zelo’s here.” At the word ‘Dad’ Zelo’s face lit up. It was his favorite Aboji. Jinhee’s father. He knew that her father really liked him for her so he thought he should talk to him.

 

“No. Dad. We already broke up. You should stop talking to him.”

 

Zelo blinked and tried to argue. “Aboji we did not!” he exclaimed so that Jinhee’s father will hear him.

 

“Don’t worry Dad. I’ll be going on a date this Friday. I’ll let him meet you by then….. Yes. He’s a good guy. Of course!”

 

And just like that.. the call ended.

 

“Why did you tell him those? We never broke up.” Zelo frowned.

 

“You sent me away right? You told me you don’t want to see me anymore. You even pleaded.”

 

Zelo opened his mouth and tried to protest. “No. I just said that because---“

 

“Please just leave. I don’t want to see you anymore.” Jinhee mimicked Zelo’s exact words when he sent her away on that rainy day.

 

“You.. you really want me to leave?” He asked with a cracked voice.

 

Jinhee slowly nodded.

 

Zelo swallowed and faked a smile. “If that’s what you want.” He mumbled sadly as he walked away without even turning back to her. And finally, he walked outside of the room, closing the door behind him.

 

Jinhee stared at him in awe. *He’s really going to leave just like that?!* She bit her lip as she thought of what’s the best thing to do in her situation. *Should she follow him?* No. That’s pathetic.

 

But I can’t let him go just like that. I’ll… just count from 1 to 20.. no 1 to 10. 20 is too long. I might not catch up on him if ever. If he doesn’t come here by 10, I’ll really go out and chase him. She thought.

 

 

---

 

 

Zelo closed the door and leaned on it. *She must really hate me.* Zelo shook his head. *No. She’s making me feel how she exactly felt when I sent her away.* He thought with a small smile.

 

He was about to walk away but he remembered what Yongguk told me.

 

“Tell her those.”

 

*Tell her. I need to tell Jinhee that I love her before I leave. She should know. Who knows? It might change her mind. He smiled as he opened the door and paced up to her.

 

 

 

---

 

 

1.. 2.. 3…

 

*The heck. Did he really leave?*

 

4… 5… 6..7

 

*Should I chase after him now?*

 

8.9.10.

 

Jinhee was about to stand up but Zelo came running inside the room. *You’re just in time.* She thought as she tried to hide her smile.

 

Zelo took a deep breath. “I know you hate to see me right now but I have something to ask of you. I’ll really leave after you answer this.” He said with determination.

 

Jinhee nodded.

 

Zelo tried to calm down and nodded to himself. “Do you like me?” he worriedly asked her.

 

“Like?” Jinhee asked.

 

Zelo happily nodded. “Yes. Like.”

 

“You?”

 

“Do you like me?” Zelo asked her again with anticipation.

 

Jinhee placed her finger in her chin. “Hmmm.. do I like you?” She playfully thought.

 

*Say yes! Say yes!* Zelo silently prayed inside his head as he eyed her.

 

Jinhee finally opened to answer. “I… don’t.”

 

All the happy feelings and the anticipation Zelo had inside of him slowly crushed. *I assumed too much.* he slumped in exasperation.

 

He turned to her again, with little hope in his heart. Who knows, she might just change her answer. “Don’t you like me? Even for just a litttttttle bit?” He asked emphasizing the word ‘little’ It was okay with him if she like him for just a little bit. Because if she does, then all he had to do is make those little feelings gigantic.

 

Jinhee shook her head. “I don’t like you even for a littttttle bit.” She copied him.

 

Okay. That’s it. He’s really going to give up now. *Maybe, it’s really impossible for her to like someone like me.* he thought as he tried to smile. “Okay. Thank you… I.. I’ll be going now.” He said sadly as he was about to walk away but Jinhee suddenly hit his head with her arm. She hit him hard. Really hard.

 

Zelo gave him a disbelieving look. “You already hurt me emotionally and now you’re physically hurting me.” he commented as he rubbed his sore head where Jinhee just hit a few seconds earlier.

 

Unexpectedly, Jinhee grabbed Zelo by his collar and softly pecked his lips. Then she pulled away with a small smile.

 

Zelo sighed as he shook his head. “And now you’re making me crazy. What kind of torture is this Park Jinhee?” He asked her as if he was in a very miserable state.

 

Jinhee couldn’t help but giggle. “You idiot.” She commented. “You still don’t get it don’t you?”

 

“I get it. You’re taking revenge on me. Right?”

 

Jinhee pouted. *Sometimes, he’s really slow.* She thought as she pecked his lips again.

Zelo gave her a warning glare. “Stop doing that or I’ll really kiss you even if you don’t---“

 

“I don’t like you.” She smiled. Zelo sighed. “I already know—“

 

“I love you.” Jinhee said. “Junhong-ah, saranghae.” She added with a smile.

 

Zelo blinked and tried to assess the situation. Park Jinhee is telling him that she loves him. She loves him. *SHE LOVES ME!* He thought with a triumphant smile.

 

“Is this true?” Junhong asked happily.

 

Jinhee nodded shyly. Zelo grinned at her. *His happy smile is finally back.* She thought as she smiled back.

 

“Uh.. well.. I guess I’ll explain everything from the start?” She asked him. But Zelo just stood there watching him. Jinhee felt her cheeks rose up as she spoke. “I.. uh.. in the very beginning, I admit.. I really---“

 

Zelo crashed his lips in hers, interrupting her supposed to be long speech. He doesn’t care about the past wherein Jinhee disliked him. What he care about is now. Wherein Jinhee loves him.

 

Zelo cupped the back of her head to hold her in place as he kissed her harder. He missed her after all. Her voice. Her face. Her lovely expressions, everything. And he placed all of his emotions for her in that kiss.

 

Jinhee gladly kissed him back but she remembered something. They were in a hospital. Who knows? A doctor or a nurse or anyone might just barge in. She lightly pushed Zelo away.

 

“What?” Zelo pouted.

 

“This is a hospital. Hospital.” She told him with a glare telling him to stop.

 

Zelo blew a raspberry and let go of her. “Just this last one.” He said as he kissed her forehead. Then he pulled away with a big smile.

 

And awkwardness filled the room. Jinhee turned away and grabbed her book. “I think I’ll rest now. You should really go.” She told him with blushing cheeks.

 

The smile in Zelo’s face still hasn’t disappeared. He was smiling so widely that his mouth could possibly be torn.

 

“What?” Jinhee asked with furrowed brows. She was so flustered and yet he’s still staring at him with a smile. Just what is going on inside his head? She thought.

 

“I’m not dreaming right? Everything happened right? You said you love me. Then you kissed me. Then you kissed me again. Then we kissed. Then we---“

 

“STOP! I DON’T KNOW! SHUT UP! GO AWAY!” She exclaimed in embarrassment as she lay on her bed and turned her back on him.

 

“Yes. It did happen.” Junhong concluded as he touched his lips. *We kissed.* He gleefully thought.

 

“Wait. We’re okay now right?” he suddenly asked her.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about! Go out! I’m going to rest!” She exclaimed as she wrapped the blanket around herself, trying to hide her embarrassment.

 

=================================================================================

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING/ UPVOTING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDD

 

 

Sorry if it's too long. ^.^V I really hope you like it. :) Well.. no Chanyeol today. TT.TT Next timeeeee~ :D He'll just appear magically like before. Hahahaha. XD

 

 

B.A.P. released the MV for Rain Sound~! Did you guys watch it? If not, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ghpiNIKGIo 

 

They all looks so perfect (specially our baby Zelo~) and the song is also good. *____* <33333