CHAPTER 53: NEVER GIVE UP

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

 

================================================================================

 

 

 

Jinhee was supposed to meet Zelo and use their Math Project as an excuse. She texted him about it but he didn't reply. *That Choi Junhong is making everything harder for me.* She mumbled as her lips twitched to the side. 

 

Jinhee sighed as she stared at her phone. She even prepared a boxed lunch for him today. Which caused a huge ruckus at their kitchen last night. Her dad even told her that she was hopeless in cooking and he helped her in preparing the boxed lunch. He had to help her since he didn't want his favorite son-in-law to die because of food poisoning.

 

And now, Jinhee is trying to find him. She already asked all of his friends about where he could be lazing around on days like this. But the closest to him, Moon Jongup said that Zelo was nowhere to be found. He couldn't even contact him. 

 

A sigh came out from her as she looked up in frustration. “What do I do with him?” She mumbled to herself as she stared at the calm blue sky.

 

How did all of this happen? Few weeks ago she was here with Zelo, celebrating his birthday. But in the blink of an eye everything disappeared. Just because of a slip of the tongue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, in a short distance of 5 benches, there was a guy who was who was taking pictures of the scenery. He was taking pictures of the beautiful Han River.

 

tumblr_m439as8Eti1qagqqso1_500.png

 

 

He carefully pressed the capture button with a smile. *This place is absolutely beautiful.* He thought as he made some adjustments with the lens to capture the whole place he was ready to press the button but then, a random kid bumped him and he accidentally captured a wrong scene.

 

“Sorry.” The kid half heartedly apologized as he bowed and ran towards his mother. “I’m sorry.” The mother also apologized as she gave him a small bow.

 

The guy shook his head with a smile. “It’s nothing.” Then his phone suddenly rang. It was his mom.

 

 

“Are you already at Korea?”

“Yes mom. I’m taking pictures at the Han River.”

“Arasso. Come back home quickly mom prepared lots of food for you.”

“Yes mom. See you.”

 

 

He placed his phone back to his pocket and looked at the picture that he accidentally captured when the kid bumped to him.

 

He was ready to delete it because he was expecting it to be a fail shot. He was expecting it to be blurry and everything.

 

But he was wrong. The shot was clear. And it looked like he was really taking a picture of a girl. A beautiful one at that. *She’s really beautiful.* He thought with a small nod.

 

He examined the picture further. *But why does she look so sad?* he thought as he looked up and scanned the whole area, trying to spot the girl. But he didn’t manage to see her.

 

He didn’t know why but he felt the sudden urge to see her. To find her. To know her name and everything. That’s when he found his own self walking around the place, trying to find her. But he just couldn’t find her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RING~ RING~ RING~ RING~

 

 

 

Jinhee immediately answered the call.

“Hello? I already know where Zelo is. Yongguk told me he was playing basketball at the court where we went before.” Lime told her.

She smiled. “Thank you. I’ll go there.” Jinhee stood up and grabbed the boxed lunch that she prepared for him and quickly went towards the basketball court.

 

 

….

 

 

 

At the basketball court,

 

Zelo was dribbling the ball while staring intensely at the ring.*This time, this is going to go in.* He thought as he was about to throw it but,

 

 

“Junhong-ah!”

 

 

Zelo wiped off the sweat on his forehead. Eventhough he did not look back, he knew it was Jinhee.

 

Jinhee went up to him and handed him a towel. Zelo eyed the towel and looked at her. He was hesitating at first. But then, he took it.

 

“I have something for you.” Jinhee beamed at him.

 

Zelo just looked at her, thinking if he should answer her or not. “What is it?” He whispered.

 

“Tadah~” Jinhee took out the boxed lunch that she especially prepared for him last night.

 

Zelo’s lips slowly curved up. He smiled but he didn’t let Jinhee see it.

 

“I did this last night. I thought I’d cook for you. So here.” She said as she lightly blushed. She has never cooked for anyone before. Plus she isn’t a very good cook. But she did her best just for it to be edible. “And I was really trying to find you all day long. Good thing I saw you.”

 

Zelo softened. He was really touched by the fact that Jinhee was trying to find him and also, she cooked for him. For the very first time. “Well.. how did you find me?”

 

“I asked Lime. Then she called me. She said that Yongguk knew where you were so---“ As Jinhee looked at him, she noticed that Zelo looked disappointed. *Why? What the heck did I do now?* She asked herself. And that was when she remembered that she just mentioned Yongguk earlier. Jinhee bit her lip and mentally cursed herself for being so stupid.

 

How could she forget? How could she be so insensitive about that? But the damage has been done. Her ideas were already voiced out. She had just mentioned the name she shouldn’t have mentioned in front of him.

 

Jinhee tried to fix the situation. “You must be hungry. Why don’t you eat this?” She smiled at him.

 

Zelo shook his head and walked away. “I’m not hungry. I’m going.” He answered briefly.

 

Jinhee scratched the back of her neck in irritation. *Why did I have to say his name?!* She thought. “What about our project in Math?” She tried to stop him.

 

“I already passed it to Mr. Jang.”

 

Jinhee ran up to him and stopped right in front of him. “Why did you do that? That was supposed to be done by pairs!” She exclaimed at him. She was mad. Because that was the only thing that she could use as an excuse to see Zelo. But now, it's gone.

 

Zelo just shrugged he was about to walk away but. “Can’t we talk even for once?” She asked him.

 

“We have nothing to talk about.” He said as he avoided my eyes, then he walked away.

 

Jinhee stared at him in disbelief. He really changed. He wasn’t like this before. He was never like this Jinhee deeply sighed as she clenched her fists. Her patience has already been done for. And this, is her last resort.

 

“For your information, Mr. Choi Junhong, I won’t give up. I’ll do anything just to win you back. If I had to write you a love letter, then I would. I would write 365 letters and give it to you every day. I will do that every year! I will always give you boxed lunch even though it doesn’t taste great. But I’m sure it’ll get better everyday. I’ll always threaten Sungin just to be seated next to you. I’m never going to give up! I will always always be by your side. Like a gum sticking closely to you. I’ll do that!”

 

Zelo smirked. “Like a gum sticking closely to me?” He chuckled. “It shouldn’t be me. It’s Yongguk hyung right?”

 

Jinhee looked down and breathed deeply, completely ignoring what he just said. “I’ll do aegyo just like what you asked me to do before.” She grinned at him.

 

“Did he tell you that I’m here to make me feel better? Don’t worry about me and just go to your beloved Yongguk.” He mumbled as he dribbled the ball and tossed it on the ring.

 

I made a face at him as soon as he faced his back on me. *Stubborn brat.* I mouthed as I glared at him.

 

*No. I was here because I want to talk to him. I need to be patient.* Jinhee smiled and tried to be calm. “I’ll also call you ‘Oppa’.” Jinhee told him. But he didn’t seem to be affected by it. “Everyday. I’ll call you ‘Oppa’ everyday.” She added.

 

Zelo didn’t even flinch. It’s like he’s not hearing what Jinhee told him.

 

Jinhee anxiously bit her lip. *Lime told me that ‘those things’ will certainly work. She just made fun of me. I’ll kill her.* She thought as twitched.

 

 

 

 

Jinhee angrily walked down the streets of Seoul while mumbling to herself. “One day I’ll get back at him. He’ll really regret this.” She mumbled with gritted teeth.

 

Jinhee turned at the end of the street and bumped to a guy. *What a nice thing to happen in my already screwed up day.* She thought as she rolled her eyes. She just couldn’t take her anger inside anymore. “YAH! WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING!” She exclaimed at him.

 

tumblr_mcceulzFQh1rj7ok4o1_500.png

 

The guy quickly bowed down. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking.” He admitted that he was the one at wrong. It was his first time strolling around Seoul again after so many years so he wasn’t still used to the place.

 

“Of course you weren’t looking. That’s why we bumped remember?!” Jinhee snapped at him.

 

He slightly pouted. *Why’s she so mad about? I apologized right?* He thought as he looked up to her. He silently studied her features. She seemed so familiar to him. He just couldn’t recall where she saw him. After thinking about it for about a minute or two, he finally realized it. 

 

 

She was the girl in the picture.

 

A smile crept up in his lips. He never thought he’d see her again in one day. “I think I saw you earlier at----“

 

“Shut up.” Jinhee glared at him. The guy instantly closed his lips together and awkwardly took a step back. *I never knew she was this intimidating.*

 

They both stood there in silence. Jinhee was silently thinking of what she will do to Zelo next while waiting for the streetlight to turn green. So that she could cross the next street. And the guy beside her, he was wordlessly studying her face. He thought it would be the best thing to do since he wouldn’t ever see her again. Plus she told him to shut up.

 

Suddenly she turned to him. The guy quickly lowered his gaze. “Did you eat?” She asked him.

 

“Huh?” He asked in disbelief. Was she really asking if I ate already? Is she asking me out a date? He thought.

 

“I asked if you already ate.” She coldly repeated.

 

The guy hesitated to answer because she was a complete stranger to him but he answered anyways. “I'm sorry. I can't date you. I mean ..we are complete strangers. But if you really want to.. then.. maybe--

 

Jinhee turned to him with a cold glare. She doesn't want to shout at him anymore because she's so tired of looking for Zelo the whole day so she thought she'll just let this one pass. "Don't be delusional. I was only asking if you already ate." She sighed. *What wrong with people nowadays?* She thought as she shook her head.

 

A small tint of pink appeared in the guy's cheeks as he bit his lip in embarrassment. Just why did he assume that she was asking him out on a date? But who the hell asks strangers if they already ate right? He defended his self in his thoughts. "I.. haven't eaten yet."

 

“Here.” Jinhee said as he handed the boxed lunch for him.

 

The guy gaped at her. “You’re really giving me this?”

 

“I’m thinking of throwing it away but I couldn’t since I worked so hard for it last night. So I think it's better to give it to you who haven't eaten yet.” She softened as she sighed.

 

The guy examined the box. It was a normal one. Nothing dangerous or anything of the like. “I didn’t put poison there.” Jinhee mumbled as she made a face at him.

 

“No. Not that. I just couldn’t believe that you’re giving this to me.” He reasoned out as he stared at the box.

 

“If you don’t want to eat it, give it to me. I’ll just give it to one of the stray dogs out there.” Jinhee mumbled as she tried to snatch the box away But he held it up. “You gave it to me. It’s mine already.” he smiled. “Thank you. I’ll eat it deliciously.”

 

Jinhee nodded with a small smile. Those were the words she was expecting from Zelo. But it never came from him. He didn’t even touch it. “Yes. Eat it deliciously since that’s a special one.”

 

“Special?”

 

“It’s my first ever cooking. And I made it last night. I even disturbed my father just to help me.” She mumbled with a hint of sadness appearing on her face.

 

The guy nodded and tried to peek what was inside the box making it so special.

 

Suddenly the light turned green. Jinhee slowly walked without even saying a word.

 

When the guy looked up, she was already on the other side of the street. “Thank you for this! I’m Park Chanyeol by the way.” he tried to shout but he think she didn’t hear him because she didn’t even look back.

 

The guy smiled. “If we meet again on the third time, we’re really fated.” He mumbled to himself as he watched her walk away. *She's really something.* He thought with an amused smile

 

 

 

=================================================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDDDD

 

Yess. Finally Chanyeol. Finally. ^^

 

 

 

BABY ZELO~ <33

194483_1352713315431_full.jpg