CHAPTER 40: THE PERFECT GIFT

Stupid Love Letter

 

======================================================

 

 

 

Zelo’s dream about Jinhee kissing him was disturbed when his phone rang. He made a face and looked at his phone sourly. It was from his beloved Jinhee. She finally called! A smile ran across his face as he answered the call.

“Jinhee! What took you so long? I was---“

“Let’s cancel the meeting today.”

Zelo’s eye’s bugged out as his mouth fell open. He has been waiting for her call for how many hours and when she finally called she’ll say they’ll cancel their meeting? Suddenly a loud chuckle was heard. Jinhee was laughing. “I was just kidding. Were you shocked? I never thought you’d fall for tricks like those.” Jinhee said in between her laughs.

Zelo pouted. “That’s just mean.”

“Okay. Okay. Sheesh. Just go in front of Han River okay? I’ll see you there in a bit. Bye!” Jinhee said as she ended the call, not even giving a chance to Zelo to speak.

*Han River..* Zelo thought with a smile as he placed his phone inside his pocket and arranged his hair again. *I have to look great.* He thought as he carefully arranged his fringe.

 

..

 

Jinhee on the otherhand was arranging the cake for the nth time while sitting at one of the benches in front of Han River. She looked at the cake and eyed it suspiciously. *Should it be on the chair? Should I hold the cake instead? Or should I give it to him while it’s still in the box? Wouldn’t it be better if he saw the cake perfectly lit already?*

“Ah! So confusing. What the hell do I know about these anyways? I’ll just leave it in the box and when he arrives, I’ll take it out and light the candles.” I muttered to myself as I pushed the box away from me.

I glanced at my watch.*5 minutes before 7.* I blew air into my bangs in boredom. “Will he like my gift?” I said to no one as I kicked the rock on the ground carelessly.

“Aww!” A voice exclaimed. I looked up. Zelo was holding his knee while bouncing up. I stood up and rushed over to him. “I’m sorry. I never thought it would hit you. Are you badly hurt?” I asked as I examined his knee. It wasn’t bleeding or anything. Was he really hurt? Zelo on the otherhand wasn’t responding or saying anything. “Yah! Are you okay?” I asked as I looked at him worriedly.

A smile spread across his face as he gazed at me adoringly. “You look much much more beautiful today Jinhee.” He whispered as he tucked a loose stray of my hair beneath my ear. I felt my ears turn red at what he said and did.

“You dressed up because it’s my birthday right?” He brightly asked. I shook my head defensively. “No! It was my dad! He forced me to wear this!” I exclaimed. “But you still did.” He commented as he winked.  I just looked away. In all of our arguments and conversations like this, he’s always always winning over me. ”Whatever.”

He clasped his hands excitedly. “So… where’s my gift?” He asked.

I went to the bench and carefully took out the cake and stuck 3 lit candles in it. “Happy Birthday Choi Junhong.” I muttered with a small smile as I went to him.

“Shouldn’t you be calling me Oppa? or Junhongie? or anything that is sweet?” He asked as he took the cake and carefully placed it on the bench.

I glared at him. “It’s my birthday. Remember?” He whined like a kid. I inwardly rolled my eyes. Right. It was his birthday. Should I? I deeply inhaled and then exhaled. “Listen carefully. I’m not going to repeat this again. Ever.” I warned him. He happily nodded as he leaned over to me.

As he leaned to me, I was able to smell his perfume. And for a second, I was frozen. Zelo smells really good. “Junhongie oppa, Happy Birthday.” I said without thinking twice.

It took me a few seconds before I finally realized what I just did. And ofcourse, Zelo, he stood there smiling like an idiot. I slapped my forehead with my palm. *Stupid Jinhee.*

I suddenly remembered my gift for him. I fished my hand outside my pocket as I got hold of a small box. I pushed it towards Zelo. “Here’s your gift.”  I said as I gave him a small smile.

Zelo took the small box. “Can I open it?”

“No. Open it next year.” I mumbled sarcastically.

He pouted at me but he still opened the gift. He carefully took out the necklace which had a silver ring attached to it. “Park Jinhee.” He read the words engraved into it.

“Huh? Wait. I think I gave you the wrong one. Yours should be your name. I accidentally exchanged it. Sorry.” I panicked as I tried to remove my necklace.

“So it’s a couple necklace?” He asked me with a glint of happiness evident in his voice.

“I just happened to stumble on that necklace. And when I bought it, that’s when I knew that it was a couple necklace.” I reasoned out. The truth is it took me hours before I could find him the necklace. “Give me yours and I’ll exchange it with mines.” I ordered him as I held my palm out.

He held his necklace  tightly. “No way. I already like it like this. So that when someone sees this necklace, they’ll instantly know that I’m yours. And that you’re mine.” He said.

“Whatever.” I mumbled to hide my embarrassment. Thank God it was already quite dark. He wouldn’t be able to see me blushing. And he won’t make a big fuss out of it.

“So.. this is all?” I heard him ask. “Why? You don’t like it?” I turned to him worriedly. *Ahhh. This is what I’m worried about. Him not liking my gift.* He shook his head. “No! I like it! Very very much! I was just wondering if there’s anything you’d like … to.. uh .. add?” He asked warily. I tilted my head to the side. *Something else I’d like to add?* I snapped my fingers as I finally remembered IT. “Oh yeah. There is. Hold on. What time is it?” I mumbled as I glanced at my watch. 7:30. *Perfect.* I thought with a smile. I turned to Zelo. “Look at the sky.” I motioned him. Zelo obediently looked at the starry sky. We both waited for something to happen. But nothing did. 5 minutes passed and nothing happened. “Uhh.. I guess something happened. I’ll just check..” I mumbled as I took out my phone and dialed my father’s number and waited for him to pick up. When he finally picked up,

“APPA! WHAT WERE YOU DOING? I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO SET IT UP ON 7:30? IT’S ALREADY 7:10!” I hissed.

“Calm down. I lost my lighter and I had to buy a new one. It’s okay now. Just wait okay. And tell my son-in-law happy birthday in my place and oh before—“

I cut off the line because I know that my dad will rant about him endlessly again. I placed my phone inside my pocket and turned to Zelo. “He said it’s okay now.” I told him as I looked up and waited for it.

Just then, colorful lights danced in the sky. Fireworks. I watched it in amusement. “It’s beautiful isn’t it?” I said. Zelo’s eyes shifted to Jinhee and watched her lovingly. “Yes. Very pretty.” He mumbled as he smiled.

The whole fireworks show lasted for about 6 minutes. When it was over, I looked back to Zelo. But when I looked back to him, he suddenly hugged me tightly. “Yah Junho—“

“Thank you for making my birthday very special. It’s up to you if you will believe me but, this is the best birthday I’ve ever had. Thank you so much Jinhee.” Zelo said as he slowly pulled away from the hug and gave me a heart warming smile which made my heart melt. That’s when I noticed that he is slowly coming closer and closer to me. When his face was just a few inches from mines, I instinctively closed my eyes since I didn’t know what to do. Few seconds has passed but still nothing happened. I slowly opened my left eye. Then the right. And I saw Zelo in front of me, smiling like an idiot. “Did you think that I was going to kiss you?” He beamed.

I felt my ears turn red from embarrassment. “No! I was just—“

I wasn’t able to finish what I was saying because I felt Zelo’s lips softly landed on mine. My eyes widened as I felt my heart beating loudly against my chest. Butterflies started to grow inside my stomach. Zelo placed his left hand at the back of my neck to deepen the kiss which made my knees go weak.

Finally Zelo pulled away. “I love you so much Jinhee.” He muttered as he gently caressed my cheeks.

“I love yo--” Was I just about to say ‘I love you too’ to him? I love Zelo? I thought as I grew confused for a moment. That’s when Zelo hugged me as tight as he could. And my heart gave me an answer to my question. Now I know why I wasn’t attracted to Yongguk anymore. Why I always hated and thought that his fan girls was a pest. Why I couldn’t stand seeing his cheesy smiles. Why I hated seeing him with that Jieun unnie or whoever she is. It was because I was in love with him. Without me noticing it, I fell in love with this guy. “I love you too Junhong-ah.” I mumbled as I hugged him back.

 

======================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDDDD

 

 

B.A.P. won the MNET PD'S CHOICE AWARD~ But I heard that the staff just had to give them an award because they knew that B.A.P.'s fan would cause an uproar. Is that true? :(( Oh well whatever. Atleast, they won an award. And it's a special one too~! Yay! B.A.P. fighting~! <333