CHAPTER 68

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

=================================================

 

 

 

At the school yard,

 

“Can you believe that? She just called me by my name!” Chanyeol told Baekhyun, nearly jumping because of excitement.

 

Since he was very happy by the fact that Jinhee talked to him and called him by his name, he immediately called his best friend the moment the bell rang.

 

He wanted to share the happiness he feels at the very moment. And he just can’t keep quiet about this so right after their class, he hurriedly called his best friend, ByunBaekhyun.

 

"Of course she’d call you by your name. Do you think she’ll call you Baekhyun?”

 

*As always, he’s contradicting me.* Chanyeol pouted. “But, to me it’s special. Because SHE called me by my name. Do you get what I’m trying to say?” He asked his best friend.

 

He heard Baekhyun sigh from the other line.

 

“I get it. She called you ‘Chanyeol’ right? And it felt so damn special because it was her. Right?”

 

Irritation was evident in Baekhyun’s voice.

 

“EXACTLY!” Chanyeol pointed out with a big grin. Finally, Baekhyun understood him.

 

“I just don’t get your point why you need to tell it to me.”

 

Chanyeol innocently blinked. “We’re bestfriends right? There should be no secrets! Besides---“

 

“So you’re going to report every little thing that’s happening between you and that girl? Are you even going to tell me that you saw her on your way home, she smiled at you, she said hi, she accidentally brushed her hands against yours, are you also going to report to me how she sneezes, how she looks while she’s sleepy, how her voice sounds like.. Gosh. Chanyeol you’re seriously way too happy with just her little actions.”

 

Chanyeol’s smile slowly faded as he realized what Baekhyun was saying. *He’s got a point. But..*

 

“Remember this very well. You’re just her classmate. Everything she does to you, for sure she’s also doing the same to your other classmates as well.” Baekhyun reminded him.

 

Classmates. We’re just mere classmates as of yesterday. But since I helped her, doesn’t that make us friends? And we also call each other by our names. Chanyeol protested in his mind. But he didn’t dare to voice them out because it will anger Baekhyun more.

 

“I know that. I was just happy. Why can’t you agree with me about her for once?” He asked Baekhyun with a gloomy voice.

 

Ever since Chanyeol told Baekhyun about Jinhee, he’s always been getting negative responses from him. He’s contradicting him in every way that he can. It’s like he lived to disagree about Jinhee.

 

Why is he like that? Chanyeol thought as he waited for Baekhyun’s answer.

 

“… I don’t know. I just.. I think she’s not for you.”

 

Chanyeol’s brow furrowed in confusion. “Huh? You’re weird Baek. Explain.” He demanded.

 

“I know it’s weird. But I don’t feel right about her. I also don’t know why but.. whatever. It’s your life anyways. Do what you want to do.”

 

A small smile appeared on Chanyeol’s lips. Even though Baekhyun was justforced to support him, he was happy.

 

Atleast, there’s someone who supports him.

 

Atleast he’s not alone on this.

 

 

….

 

 

Jinhee walked to the cafeteria with Lime while laughing on her story about what happened in their class this morning.

 

“That really happened?” Jinhee asked as she laughed a little.

 

Lime eagerly nodded. “It really happened! He felt flat on his face because he slipped. Then he—“

 

“Hyelim-ah! Jinhee! Over here!” Himchan shouted at them as he waved his right arm for them to see where he is. Then they went to their table where the BAP boys have always been.

 

Except for someone.

 

 

Choi Junhong.

 

 

Jinhee just sat down beside Lime and acted like she was okay.  But she just couldn’t hide the disappointment in her face.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

As the bell rung, Jinhee stepped out of the classroom with a smile. She was going to eat with Zelo and his friends after all. And just the thought of it makes her excited.

 

Suddenly, her phone vibrated. Jinhee fished her phone out from her pocket and saw that it was from Zelo.

 

Instantly, the smile on her face became bigger.

 

 

From: Bunhong

 

I think I can’t eat lunch with you today. I’m really busy. I’m sorry.

 

 

All the happy feelings she felt just a moment earlier slowly vanished into thin air just because he said he couldn’t eat lunch with her.

 

Yes. It was just a small thing but it bothered her to death.

 

 

Was he that busy?

What if he won’t eat lunch? What about his health?

What if other girls try to feed him?

Or worse, what if he ate with other girls?

 

Paranoid questions filled up Jinhee’s head.

 

Jinhee shook her head to shake away the negative thoughts she’s been having. “No. Junhong is not like that. I know him.” She reassured herself as she began typing a message to him.

 

To: Bunhong

 

It’s okay.

 

Jinhee was about to press send but she felt as if there’s something lacking in her message.

 

Was it too short? Should she ask him where he is right now? Should she tell him not to forget to eat lunch?

 

Jinhee typed words and deleted it afterwards. She didn’t know what to say.

 

She didn’t want to look like a very caring girlfriend because Zelo will surely about it. But she didn’t want to look like she doesn’t care. Zelo will think it doesn’t matter to her.

 

“Ahh! Whatever. Shorter messages are better than longer ones.” She mumbled as she typed

“It’s okay.” and sent it to him. Then she placed her phone inside her pocket and started walking towards the cafeteria.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Yongguk looked up to Jinhee and Lime, noticing that Zelo’s not around. “Where’s Junhong?” He asked in his normal husky voice.

 

“He said he’s busy.” Jinhee answered with a small smile.

 

“Ahh. He’s the President of their class after all. It’s just normal that he’s busy.” Himchan nodded.

 

“No matter how busy he is, he should still eat with us. Especially now that the food is so delicious!” Daehyun mumbled.

 

Youngjae made a face at him. “Everything that’s called food is delicious for you.”

 

Daehyun turned to him. “It’s because I’m not a picky eater unlike you.”

 

“You pig!” Youngjae whispered loud enough for him to hear.

 

“I heard that Yoo Youngjae! And you’re fatter than me! How dare you call me pig?” Daehyun exclaimed at him using his Busan accent.

 

Yongguk glared at the two in irritation. He really hates it when people fight while they were eating. “Stop squabbling!” He exclaimed.

 

And in an instant, Daehyun and Youngjae stopped bickering but still, they sent each other death glares.

 

 

*Pig… Fat..* Jinhee thought as she stared at her food.

 

 

For some reasons, Daehyun and Youngjae’s bickering reminded Jinhee of how she got into small fight with Zelo whenever he accidentally calls her fat. And she unknowingly smiled.

 

Jongup examined her with his squinted eyes. “What’s wrong? Why are you smiling by yourself?” He asked her.

 

Jinhee shook her head. “Nothing.” She answered. Then she grabbed her spoon and fork and started eating as well.

 

While she was eating, she can hear Lime and Himchan talking sweetly while wearing their smiles. Just like a real couple.

 

“Say ahh~!” Lime said as she fed Himchan. Himchan happily ate.

 

“Is it delicious?” Lime asked him.

 

Himchan nodded as he chewed on the food. “But it’ll taste better if you’re the one who cooked it.” He added.

 

Lime nodded as she smiled. “Okay! Next time I’ll cook for you instead!” She cheered.

 

Yongguk eyed the two of them. “Tch. Disgusting.” He mumbled as he shook his head.

 

Himchan just stuck his tongue out on him. “You’re just jealous because Jieun is always busy!”

 

With just one word, Yongguk’s face became as red as tomato. “Yah!” He exclaimed as he kicked Himchan’s foot under the table.

 

“Ahhhhhhh!” Himchan whined in pain and glared at his best friend. Yongguk just pretended he didn’t do anything and just continued eating.

 

While Jinhee was  listening to them, a thought suddenly came into her mind.

 

*She’ll cook for Junhong too.*

 

 

 

 

Five minutes before break time ends, the meeting Zelo attended already ended.

 

*I can still see Jinhee.* Zelo thought as he ran as fast as he can towards the hallways, not caring if bumps into someone or something.

 

The most important thing for him right now is to see Jinhee.

 

Chanyeol just ended his call with Baekhyun and headed to his locker to get his Physics book since Physics is their next subject. *I wonder if Jinhee also needs help with Physics.* He thought with a small smile.

 

Zelo was now at the first floor. Just a few steps from the lockers is the cafeteria. *I’m going to surprise Jinhee.* He thought excitedly.

 

He about to pass by the lockers but unfortunately, he saw his brother. His brother that he was avoiding.

 

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol stood there 5 meters away from him, completely engrossed in arranging his locker.

 

*I’ll just run really really fast so that he won’t see me.* He thought as he was about to run again but suddenly, Chanyeol closed his locker door and before he could turn to Zelo’s direction, Zelo quickly ran away.

 

When Zelo was sure that Chanyeol already left, that’s when the bell rung.

 

Lunch Break is over.

 

*Oh great.* He frowned as he made his way to his classroom with a heavy heart.

 

 

====================================================

 

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE

 

 

April Fools~! :DDD

 

I'll be doing a triple update today. <3