CHAPTER 70: THE TRUTH

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

 

===============================================

 

 

 

Zelo walked towards the male’s toilet to wash his hands. He was humming a song because he was happy.

 

Why?

 

Because he ate the lunch that Jinhee made for him.

 

But he can still remember that Sungjae ate one kimbap. *That guy.* He thought as he pouted.

 

Jinhee cooks for him once in a blue moon. So how could he just eat Jinhee’s kimbap like that? It’s so unfair. He thought.

 

But setting that aside, he was still happy.

 

 

“Junhong-ah!”

 

Zelo turned around and saw Chanyeol.

 

He smiled. “Hyung!” He greeted him, completely forgetting about his agreement with his mother.

 

Chanyeol smiled back. He noticed that his dongsaeng was happy unlike this morning. He looked panicky and stuff. “You look happy. Did something good happen?”

 

Zelo happily nodded. “My girlfriend just---“

 

As Chanyeol heard the word girlfriend, he snapped his fingers. “Oh! Now I remember the thing that I have to tell you.” Chanyeol interrupted him.

 

“Huh? What is it?” Zelo asked.

 

“The girl I’ve been talking about…”

 

Zelo tapped his chin and thought about it. “The one who’s destined for you?” He asked.

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Yes. Her.”

 

Zelo's eyes rounded as he turned to him. “What? Have you seen her already?” Zelo asked excitedly.

 

“Yes. And we’re close. Physically. I mean.. she’s just nearby.” Chanyeol answered as he bit his lip.

 

“Who is she? What’s her name?” Zelo asked as he tugged on his brother’s arm, excited to know who the LUCKY girl was.

 

Chanyeol eyed him. Then he looked away. “Not telling. Who knows you might steal her away from me.” He said as he shook his head proudly.

 

“Ha! I have a girlfriend. And for sure, she’s prettier and cuter and lovelier than the girl you’re talking about.” Zelo boasted off.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “We’ll see.” *For sure Jinhee is a lot more than Junhong’s girlfriend.* He thought.

 

“So why don’t we continue the double date we have planned before. I’ll take my girlfriend and you take the girl you’ve been talking about. How about that?” Zelo grinned.

 

Chanyeol bit his lip. “We’re just friends. It’s awkward to take her out on a date. I haven’t even confessed to her yet---“

 

“Just ask her out. I want to introduce my girlfriend to you too.” Zelo insisted.

 

Chanyeol slightly nodded. “Okay. I’ll.. ask her later.” He said as he breathed heavily.

 

Zelo patted his back. “You can do it Hyung! Goodluck!” Zelo grinned as he walked away.

 

 

Jinhee was eating beside Lime when she felt her phone vibrated through her pocket. She took it out. There was a message from Zelo. She smiled.

 

 

From: Bunhong

 

Jinhee! The lunch was delicious! You’re the best!

But someone stole one piece of the precious kimbap!

After class, let’s have a date! We’ll go somewhere fun!

See you later. ^^

        

                                      -Zelo

 

 

 

….

 

 

Chanyeol sat on his usual seat with an unreadable expression plastered on his face.

He was trying to be calm. Because he’ll be asking her out on a date.

 

*What if she rejects me?* He thought as he bit his lip.

 

This was his biggest fear. Rejection.

 

Just what would he do if she rejects him?

 

Suddenly, Jinhee came inside the room. Which means, he have no time to think of words he will say. *Crap.*

 

But Jinhee was smiling as she walked inside.*She looks like she’s in a good mood.* He thought.

 

Jinhee sat beside him and smiled at him.

 

And at last, his racing heartbeat has turned normal. All because of that one smile.

 

Chanyeol sighed and turned to Jinhee. “Do you have something to do after class?” He asked her with anxiety.

 

Jinhee nodded happily. “I’m going out on a date with my boyfriend.” She answered as she clapped a little.

 

Chanyeol froze on his spot as he tried to remember the exact words Jinhee said earlier.

 

“I’m going out on a date with my boyfriend.”

 

*Boyfriend. Boyfriend… Jinhee has a boyfriend?* He thought as he looked at her who looked obviously excited about her date after class.

 

*She has a boyfriend.* he thought as he swallowed.

 

Chanyeol looked away with hurt evident in his eyes. He never thought Jinhee would have a boyfriend. Has he ever counted it as an option?

 

No. He didn’t. He was too busy falling in love with her.

 

All of his dreams shattered at that moment. His dreams of her becoming his girlfriend slowly faded away. Chanyeol felt a tinge of hatred in his heart. *Why didn’t she tell me that she has a boyfriend?* he thought with a frown.

If only she told him about this, then maybe he wouldn’t have hoped too much. he won’t get into small fights with Baekhyun about her. He would be able to sleep peacefully. He would not be as broken hearted as he was right now.

 

But upon realization, why would she tell him if he hadn’t asked her right?

 

Wouldn’t it be weird if it’s their first meeting and she was like:

“Hi, I’m Jinhee. And I have a boyfriend.”

 

Yes. That’d be weird. Really weird. He thought as he shook his head.

 

But right now, there was one question that he wanted to have an answer.

 

*Who is her boyfriend? How good is he that he was able to get Jinhee to fall in love with him?* He thought as he frowned.

 

“Why did you ask?” Jinhe suddenly interrupted his thoughts.

 

“Huh?” He asked as he turned to her.

 

“Why did you ask me if I have something to do after class?” Jinhee said.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Just.. asking.” he reasoned out as he quickly looked away.

 

*Even looking at her hurts.* He thought as he sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol hid behind a tree which was near the school gate. He stood there waiting for Jinhee and her boyfriend to come out.

 

Yes. He wanted to know he her boyfriend was. He wanted to know who the lucky guy is. He wanted to know if he’s worth it. He wants to see if he can match up to him.

 

“Since when did I become this ill-mannered?” He mumbled to himself in disappointment.

 

He couldn’t believe he was thinking of those. But who could he blame right?

 

That’s when he saw Jinhee in front of the main entrance of the school. She was looking around. *Maybe he’s looking for her boyfriend.* Chanyeol thought sadly he was about to look away but he suddenly saw Junhong.

 

His eyes followed his brother. He figured he was going to Jinhee’s direction. *No. It can’t be…* He thought as he prayed that Junhong would turn left or right or even go back from where he came from. He didn’t want him to reach Jinhee.

 

Because that’d mean one thing. That he didn’t even want to think of.

 

He gulped as he eyed Zelo who sneakily hid behind Jinhee and covered her eyes with his hands.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “No. They must be friends. Yes. Friends. They.. they’re just friends.” Chanyeol convinced himself.

 

Jinhee pushed Zelo’s hands away and smiled. “Where are we going?” She asked.

Before Zelo could answer, he grabbed his phone and called someone.

 

Chanyeol’s phone rang. He eyed Zelo then he turned to his vibrating phone inside his pocket. *He’s calling me.* He thought as he immediately answered the call.

 

“H-hello?” He asked in a faltering tone.

 

“Hyung! Where are you? I’m already here near the gate. I’m with my girlfriend.”

 

“Something came up. I can’t go. But can I ask you something?” Chanyeol asked, his eyes not leaving Zelo’s figure.

 

“Yeah? What is it?”

 

Chanyeol breathed heavily. “Your girlfriend… what’s her name?” He asked Zelo even though he had this feling that he knew the answer.

 

But he still asked. Maybe.. just maybe he was wrong.

 

“Her name? Her name’s Park Jinhee.”

 

 

 

==================================================

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE

 

 

There. Triple update. :) I hope you enjoy reading it. :D