CHAPTER 5: YOU'RE MY GIRLFRIEND!

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

============================================================================

 

 

While I was walking towards the flagpole, I can already feel the pressure and my knees are starting to weaken. I breathed deeply and instinctively shook my head. “I have to do this.”

Instead of blaming Lime for the mess she caused, maybe I should thank her. Because she made this possible.

As I took my last step, I looked around. No one’s here. *Maybe he won’t come.* I sighed and sat on the bench beside the flagpole. “Patience is a virtue.” I beamed.

 30 minutes later..

*AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just what will he say when he gets here? I’m really agitated.* I kicked the ground lightly since there’s nothing to vent my anger on.

Just why did Lime did this without even giving me a small hint or anything to lead me. I’m totally not prepared. I wonder how he will react and what kind of facial expression he will show. I can’t wait. Will he smile? Will he frown? Will he like my letter?

But will he still come? 30 minutes have passed since our classes ended. Maybe he won’t. He’ll just quietly reject me like this won’t he? I bit my lip. Maybe he’s really not coming. With that, I stood up and sadly walked away.

 

“Park Jinhee!”

 

I stopped on my tracks. Is that him? I breathed deeply and turned around. I saw a blonde guy wearing a cap and a black mask. The mask covers half of his face from below his eyes until to his chin. It was really weird. But he was tall. It’s Bang Yongguk right?

I noticed that he shifted his gaze from me. I felt heat rose up to my cheeks and I instantly looked down on the ground.

What should I do? I thought as I tried to glance at him from the corner of my eyes. He’s still looking away. But the weird thing is, he looks different. Maybe I was hallucinating but—nevermind. As if I was able to see him this close.

“I wanted to help. You like him so much right? Just tell it to him. He’s answer is not that important. What’s important is you managed to tell him how you felt for him.”

Hyelim's words kept ringing on my head. She’s right. I have to tell him my feelings for him. I really have to. I slightly nodded and smiled to myself then I turned to look at him. He noticed my sudden action and turned towards me too. *Argh. Why did he have to look this way?!* I breathed deeply and tried to shoo away my negative thoughts. I can do this. I stared at his eyes and gulped.

“OPPA! I REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU!” I exclaimed at him while still staring at his eyes.

He blinked three times. He never said anything. He just looked down and sighed.

I felt my heart being broken into small pieces. He’s rejecting me. He just can’t say it because maybe he doesn’t want to hurt me. I tried to smile. Then I slowly bowed at him before walking away. But before I could take 3 steps, he held my hand and pulled me back. With his free hand, he removed his mask and his cap.

My eyes widened as my mouth hanged open. THE PERSON I JUST CONFESSED TO WASN’T BANG YONGGUK! I furrowed my brows and twitched my lips. Wait. Isn’t he ….Junhong?!

He smiled at me and cleared his throat. “I see that you really like me.” He mused.

I made a -___- face at him. “What are you doing here?” I queried.

“You gave me this right?” he asked as he pulled out a letter from his blazer’s pocket. It was the letter I wrote for Yongguk. Why does he have it with him?! Did Yongguk give him that?

I breathed deeply. I have to calm down. Nothing good happens when I’m all freaked out. “Give me that.” I mumbled quietly as I held out my hand to get the letter from him.

But he just smiled and shook his head. “This is mine.” He mumbled as he put the letter on his chest as if it was so precious to him.

I feel really frustrated. But I still kept my cool and breathed deeply. “That’s not yours. It was—“

He wagged the letter in front of my face. “I found it in my locker.” He cut me off with a grin.

Seriously. Why does he have to be like this? He’s saying he found the letter in his locker. Wait..does that mean.. Lime placed the letter in the wrong locker? I’m doomed. I didn’t even put Yongguk oppa’s name there. Now he thinks I really like him. I have to clear this up.

I turned to him with a glare. “Forget it. Forget about the letter. Forget about meeting me here at the flagpole and let’s just avoid each other starting tomorrow.” I said as I walked away.

He swiftly pulled me back and made me face him by placing his hands over my shoulders. “First of all, I’m sorry that I came late please don’t be mad.” He eyed me nervously. “I was..uh..it’s a secret. And..you don’t have to be shy around me.” He said softly while he was shifting his gaze from me and from the ground.

What the? He thinks I’m shy around him! Argh! “SHY?! I’M NOT!!!” I raged.

He gave me an innocent look. “You don’t have to pretend that this letter is not for me.” I closed my eyes breathed deeply to control my anger. “I appreciate the fact that you made an effort to do something like this. And I..uh..”

“You don’t get it!” I threw my hands up in fury. He blinked at me innocently. “The letter wasn’t really for you. It was for Yongguk oppa! My friend misplaced the letter and it ended on your locker. Now, give me the letter and forget everything that happened.” I explained in irritation as I extended my hand out to him.

He just smiled at me. I’m really getting irritated! “You don’t have to make up such lies.” He shyly whispered while rubbing the back of his neck.

I face palmed myself. He’s not listening to me. HE’S NOT LISTENING TO EVERY WORD I'M SAYING!

He walked closer to me and stared at my eyes. “And..what I’m trying to say is, from now on you’re my girlfriend.” He said as he kissed my left cheek.

I gaped at him. He kissed me. A person who isn’t Bang Yongguk just kissed me! GAH! And even though I can’t see my reflection, I know I’m blushing. And yet, he just stood there shyly smiling at me.

I shook my head. “This is really wrong.” I mumbled as I looked away while still blushing.

He bit his lip. “I’ll send you home.” He offered with a smile.

“No, Junhong you really have to listen to me. I’m not lying. I was---“

“Shh” he cooed as he put his index finger to my lips. “I know it. You like me so much right?” He said happily.

Argh! I can’t take this anymore. He’s not even listening to me! I’m going home. I thought as I stomped away.

“Hey, are you mad? Where are you going?” he asked as he quickly followed me.

I turned back at him with a glare. “I’m going home! Don’t dare try to send me home!” I threatened as I walked away.

I take back my words. I’ll definitely blame Hyelim for all of this.

 

============================================================================

 

 

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO VIEWED, SUBSCRIBED AND COMMENTED~! <33333 *HUGS*