CHAPTER 20: ZELO AND APPA

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

======================================================

 

 

Inside our house,

The moment, I saw dad, I snapped out of being in a confused state.  Now I’m really going to complain to him and make him regret what he did this morning. I walked towards him with a glare. “APPA! JUST WHY DID YOU-----“

My father shoved a glass of orange juice straight to my mouth. “You look tired. Drink this first.” He said warily.

I gave him a look before I finally drank the juice. I was thirsty after all. My dad was just doing this because he’s afraid of my wrath. 

While I was drinking the juice, he turned to Zelo with a wide smile. “How was your date with our Jinhee?” He asked as he patted Zelo’s back.

Zelo looked at me first before answering. I glared at him as a sign that he should shut up. “We had lots of fun! And Jinhee smiled to me today! She also—“

*DIDN’T I GIVE HIM A SIGN TO SHUT UP?!*

I intentionally placed the glass on the table with a loud sound. “Zelo, why don’t you go home? It’s getting late.”  I interfered as I glowered at him.

He walked towards me and patted my head. “Aigoo.. my pretty girlfriend is really caring!”

I just looked away. It’s not really good if I stare at him longer than 3 seconds. As I looked away, I saw my dad smiling widely at us. *He’s crazy. Just why did I have a father like him?*

“Okay. I guess I’ll be going now. Bye Jinhee. Sleep early okay?” He asked as he tucked a small amount of my hair behind my ear. I just nodded uneasily. “Aboji, I’ll be going.” He said as he walked towards him and bowed.

As Zelo walked towards the door, I turned to my dad. “Jinhee-ah..” He muttered as he laughed dryly and sweated hard. He knows what happens to anyone who messes up with me that’s why he’s acting like that.

“Appa…” I threatened as I slowly walked towards him.

“Junhong, why don’t you stay just for tonight? It’s really dark. There are bad people outside.” My dad said aloud before I could reach him.

I gaped at him. “You really..”

My dad smiled at me knowing I’ll be really pissed by what he did. “You should really stay Junhong.”

Zelo jogged towards my father with twinkling eyes. “Can I really do that Aboji?” He asked hopefully.

“Of course you can.” Dad said as he patted his head.

I rolled my eyes at the sight of them. *It’s like Zelo was his son and I’m just some intruder here. This is the result of my father who always wanted to have a son.* I thought as I crossed my arms over my chest with a sour face.

“No. I oppose. What if his parents will get worried? They will surely blame us Appa! Besides, he’s already big enough to—“

“Thank you for your unending concern for me Jinhee. But my parents… They won’t really care. It’s more than okay for them if I’m not home.” He said with a small smile.

The room was now filled with silence.

I suddenly remembered that Yongguk oppa told me before about Zelo being an illegitimate child. He was an illegitimate child that’s why his parents won’t care about him. I suddenly felt sadness piercing through my heart. He must be really sad. Good thing he has his friends and me.. I guess. But then I felt really guilty for treating Zelo badly even though he’s so kind to me. Just what did I do?

“So.. Zelo will be sleeping at the Guest Room.. I’ll be arranging it. Bye.” Dad said as he jogged upstairs to clean the said room.

 

 

======================================================

 

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS! :)