CHAPTER 13: ANNOUNCEMENT

Stupid Love Letter

 

=============================================================================

 

It's already 7:00. Our second period just begun. And Zelo is absent. I thought he’s just late but no. He’s really absent.

And this really makes me happy. Maybe he realized he was wrong and that he’ll finally let me live in peace. Ahhh. I’m really free. I thought happily while reading a book.

“Okay, class stand up, we have an assembly today.” The teacher said as she closed her book. Of course the whole class cheered. She just walked out of the room while shaking her head.

“Today is the perfect day. Zelo is not around and our classes are cut because we have a sudden assembly~” I sang to myself happily as I walked outside the room.

 

….

 

At the Gymnasium,

 

The students were piled up by their section. I chose to be the last person of the line so that Lime and I will be able to talk since she always sneaks out from their line.

“Just what is the announcement for today?” I looked back. It was Hyelim.

“I don’t know but it better be good.” I answered with a smile.

She gaped at me. “You are seriously giving me the creeps. Last time you seemed really angry at me and now you’re okay? What happened huh?” She asked.

I playfully slapped her shoulder. “What are you talking about? I’ve been a very great friend to you!” I said as I grinned.

She tapped her chin with her forefinger still thinking how I suddenly became a ‘good friend’ “Something good happened. What is it?” She asked suspiciously.

I leaned forward to her. “Zelo is absent. Today and for the rest of my life. I’m a free person~” I whispered as I jumped up and down.

She looked at the stage and turned to me. “But, isn’t that him?” She innocently stated while pointing at the stage.

"Oh come on. Stop ruining my happiness. I just got it back." I mumbled. I didn’t bother to look since I thought she was just joking to ruin my moment. But suddenly,

“Uhh.. Good morning to all. It’s me. Choi Junhong. I’m here to make a short announcement.” A voice said. And that voice… I’m 100% sure that it’s Zelo’s. The girls started squealing and jumping around.

Oh no. What the hell is he doing here? Isn’t he supposed to be absent? I thought as I slowly looked towards the stage. And I saw him, standing there while holding a microphone. BAP was in the corner just managing the situation. Everything was a hallucination. He’s not absent. I’m not free. But what’s he doing up there?! What kind of stupid action will he do now?! I thought as sighed and bit my nail nervously.

“It’s about me and my girlfriend.” Zelo said with a smile.

As soon as I heard the word ‘girlfriend’ Lime and I looked at each other. I think he’s talking about me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This . I thought as I curled up my fists and bit my lip.

The students started to be in chaos. Specially the girls.

 

“Ahhhh~ Oppa’s so cute!”

“Oppa, are you breaking up with her?”

“Is this going to be a story telling session?”

"Break up with her!"

"I'll be your girlfriend instead!"

 

“Shut up and listen.” He threatened coldly. Everyone immediately went silent. He slowly stood in his toes and ducked his head up and tried to spot me. I turned my head down so that he won’t see me. “I can’t see her. Everyone who isn’t named Park Jinhee, would you bend down a little? Ah.. no. She’ll definitely hide. She’s usually very shy.” He said as he stopped looking for me.

 

“Break up with her!”

 

He ignored the student and got a piece of crumpled paper from his pocket and started to read it. “Listen carefully. I’m going to start my announcement.” He said as he glanced at the students.

I have to stop him. This will be very embarrassing if this continues. So I asked for Hyelim’s help. We both waved our hands and jumped up and down just to get his attention. And it worked. When he saw me, “Oh. She’s there. She’s jumping. Ahh~ So cute. Are you excited about my announcement?” He asked as he grinned.

All the students turned to Hyelim and me. “It’s her. Not me.” Lime whispered as she pointed to me. I just nudged her lightly as I turned red and tried to avoid their gazes.

“Yah! Stop staring at her! Specially the guys! I know she’s really cute but, she’s mine. All of you, face here!” Zelo exclaimed while gesturing the students to face him. And they all did. He smiled triumphantly.

I stood on my toes and tried to tell Zelo to stop by yelling to him without sounds and crossing my arms above my head.

“Did you miss me?” He asked as he smiled at me. “Jerk.” I mouthed as I looked away. “I missed you too. So much.” He answered. *Oh please.* I rolled my eyes. “STOP.” I mouthed him. “What?” He asked as he tilted his head. “I said, STOP!” I mouthed him as I crossed my arms above my head.

“Ahhhhh.” He smiled. He got what I wanted to say? I thought as I smiled in relief. “I love you too.” He whispered as he scratched the back of his neck shyly.

The whole student body began cheering for us. Several of them gave me weird stares. I even heard some calling me a .

I face palmed myself while sighing exasperatedly. It’s no use. It won’t work on him. My life…is officially starting to be ruined. I want to shout because of anger, irritation, annoyance and frustration. And he’s there smiling as if there’s no tomorrow.

There goes my dream about being free. I thought as my shoulders deflated.

 

=============================================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <3333333333

WE HAVE NO CLASSES TOMORROW. OYEAH. ^^

<3