CHAPTER 65: REMEMBER?

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

 

 

======================================================================

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol happily rode his car. He still couldn't get over the fact that he was able to finally see the person he was looking for. *We're really fated for each other.* He thought as he lossened his tie and started humming a random song. The driver was able to notice that he was happy. Very happy indeed. Out of curiosity, he decided to ask him.

 

“You look happy today Sir. Did something good happen at your school?” The driver politely asked as he started the car.

 

Chanyeol eagerly nodded. “A miracle happened.”

 

The driver gave him a confused look. “Miracle? Miracles don’t happen Sir.” he explained.

 

“That’s what I thought too.” Chanyeol grinned as he looked outside the window. *But now I have proved that miracles exists.* 

 

The driver just nodded and concentrated on his driving since he couldn't ask for more details.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun lazily opened the door to Chanyeol’s room. “So, what was the very important thing that you’re going to tell me?” He asked as he walked inside the room and plopped down on his bed.

 

Chanyeol happily smiled at him. “I saw her.”

 

Baekhyun didn't care. He styaed on his bed with his eyes closed. He was really tired since Chanyeol just told him to go to their house because he said he has something extremely important to say to him that he can't say through the phone.

 

Chanyeol pouted as he shook Baekhyun's arm. "I said I saw her today!" He exclaimed.

 

 

 

With a loud grunt, Baekhyun finally sat up .“Her?” He asked as his brows furrowed in confusion. “Who?”

 

“The girl I’ve been looking for. I saw her today.” Chanyeol bragged.

 

Baekhyun laughed mockingly at him. “Yeah. Sure. Like I’ll believe you.” He said as he lay on his bed again. "Your bed is so soft. What brand is this? I'll tell my dad to buy me something similar to this." he said as he made himself comfortable on Chanyeol's bed.

 

"It's Tempur." Chanyeol answered.

 

"Tempur? The other brand is much----"

 

“I'm talking about Jinhee!" Chanyeol exclaimed to make him stop.

 

Baekhyun sighed. "I think you were just... I think it's only your imagination."

 

"But I did! I really saw her! We we’re even classmates! And she sits beside me! Her name is Park Jinhee!” Chanyeol insisted. He really wanted to tell it to Baekhyun because he was strongly opposed to the idea that him and Jinhee we're really 'destined' for each other. He wanted to prove him wrong.

 

Baekhyun sighed as he rolled his eyes at him. “So you called me here just to say that? You should’ve just told me through the phone!” He exclaimed at him.

 

“I wanted to say it personally.”

 

Baekhyun scratched the back of his neck in irritation. “Idiot.”

 

Chanyeol sat closer to him. “This means we’re really for each other right?” He asked with full of excitement.

 

Baekhyun gave him a look. “You should really stop watching dramas. You’re becoming an idiot.”

 

“Can’t you answer me with valid answers even just for once?” Chanyeol told him with a slight glare.

 

“Well, from my point of view, it’s purely coincidence.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he turned to Baekhyun. “Coincidence? Me, meeting her three times before? I think it’s not just coincidence. And her being my classmate and seatmate? No. It’s not a coincidence. It’s fate.” Chanyeol insiste as he crossed his arms over his chest and pouted.

 

“Then you shouldn’t have asked for my opinion if you’re not even going to consider it!” Baekhyun exclaimed at him.

 

Chanyeol sighed. *Baekhyun just doesn’t understand him.* “Look. I’m going to explain everything to you. I first saw her when I arrived here at Seoul. In the Han River. I accidentally took a picture of her. Our second meeting was at that day also. She even gave me the boxed lunch remember? The third one was when I brought her to the hospital. And now, she’s my classmate. She was late for today’s class and of all of the times that she’ll come inside the room, she came when I was the one introducing myself. Don’t you think fate is already the one arranging everything for us?” he asked his friend with a serious face.

 

Baekhyun sighed. “I don’t know. Why don’t you try to get to know her first? What if she had a rotten personality? What if she hates guys? Right? Just give yourself little time. You’re rushing things too much.” he explained.

 

Chanyeol tapped his chin. *Maybe he’s right. I should get to know her first.* “I’ll do that. Thanks Baek.” He said as he finally smiled.

 

Baekhyun stood up and stretched his arms out. Finally, Chanyeol's ramblings are over. Finally. “I can leave right?”

 

“Just eat dinner here.” Chanyeol said as he pushed Baekhyun out of his room and pulled him downstairs where they will eat dinner.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

The next day,

 

Chanyeol sat at his chair while trying to think on how to greet Jinhee. *Would a simple ‘Hi’ be okay? Should I smile?* Chanyeol took out a small mirror and tried to see his hair from the reflection. *Don’t be nervous. Just start a simple conversation.* He cheered his self and smiled.

 

Finally Jinhee came inside and sat beside him. Surprisingly she turned to him and smiled.

 

Chanyeol froze on his seat and everything that he memorized in his head earlier vanished. Just because she smiled at him.

 

Jinhee awkwardly greeted him. “H-hi.” She said with a small nod. For some strange reason, she finds her seatmate kinda odd.

 

Chanyeol finally came down to his senses and eagerly nodded at her. “Hi! I’m Park Chanyeol.” He said with a very big smile.

 

Jinhee was quite surprised because his voice was so deep. She thought his voice would be sounding like a girl’s voice. Surprisingly, it was a very deep one. “I’m Park Jinhee.” She answered.

 

*I know.* Chanyeol thought as he bit his lip. “Don’t you remember me?” He asked her without thinking twice.

 

Jinhee tilted her head as her brows furrowed. “Have we met before?” She asked.

 

Chanyeol was at loss of words. He never expected her to say that. He was expecting her to say ‘Yes I remember you.’ And then they’d be friends in an instant.

 

But he was wrong.

 

Park Jinhee didn’t remember him.

 

“Have we met before?” She asked again.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “No. I was just kidding.”

 

Jinhee nodded with a small uncertain smile. She didn't know how to react since they were not that close so she just let it slip away.

 

*I don’t care if you don’t remember me. As long as you’re there. As long as I can see you, it’s okay.* Chanyeol thought as he tried to smile. 

 

 

======================================================================

 

 

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE