CHAPTER 56: YONGGUK'S LITTLE PRANK

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

============================================================================

 

 

 

 

The news about Jinhee being in the hospital came to Yongguk. And he immediately thought he should be the one to tell Zelo about it. And so, he went to his house to tell him what happened.

 

Yongguk opened the gate and went towards the main door. He knocked but no one answered. But he knew Zelo was inside. Maybe he doesn't want to entertain visitors today.. but this is urgent. So he thought he’ll just barge inside like he always does.

 

Zelo was just about to open the door but, the door slowly opened revealing Yongguk. A very unamused one. Zelo’s lip twitched as he looked away. The idea of seeing his hyung today was really a bad one. 

 

“What are you doing here hyung?” He asked as he walked towards his couch and sat on it. Yongguk went to him. “I’m going to stop your idiocy.” He mumbled without tearing away his gaze on his dongsaeng.

 

*Did he just call me an idiot? First it's Lime noona. Now it's him. What's with everyone calling me that these days?* Zelo looked up to him but Yongguk’s fist already landed on his cheek. And because of the impact he landed on the floor. Zelo wiped away the blood drawing out from the corner of his lip as he gave his hyung a glare.

 

Yongguk pulled him up using his collar. “When are you going to stop this?”

 

Zelo rolled his eyes. Now what is he talking about? “Stop what?”

 

“Acting that you don’t love her!” Yongguk exclaimed at him.

 

Zelo remained silent because he didn’t know what to say. Plus he can't accept the fact that Yongguk is treating him like this. His hyung never hurt him before. But now he did. He even shouted. He thought as he stared at Yongguk with furrowed brows.

 

“What are you going to do now? You’re going to lock up yourself in this room forever? You’re really going to let Jinhee go like that? We all know that you love her so much that you even---“

 

“DON’T YOU GET IT?! SHE LOVES YOU HYUNG! SHE LOVES YOU!” Zelo finally exploded. He was finally able to remove a little ounce of pain in his chest.

 

Yongguk sighed in irritation. This is because he didn’t even let Jinhee explain everything to him. He placed his hand on his shoulder. “She loves you.” He carefully told him.

 

Zelo pushed his hand away bitterly. “Like I would believe that lie again. I already know everything. She loves you and you just forced her to be with me because of the letter right?”

 

“I just did that because I didn’t want you to get—“

 

“Hurt? But I was really hurt hyung.” He mumbled as he looked away. “You may go now. Don’t worry about me. I’ll just pretend that this didn’t happen. I would forget everything.”

 

“What about Jinhee?”

 

Zelo slightly faltered. Just hearing her name has an effect on him. What more if he sees her? “I don’t want to see her anymore. I don’t want to hear anything about her. I’m just going to forget about her too.” He lied.

 

Yongguk stared at him in disbelief. “Are you really going to act this way?”

 

Zelo didn’t respond.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Yongguk mumbled as he started to walk away. As he was about to grab the door knob, “Before I forgot, I know you wouldn’t care about this but I just thought that atleast you should know, Jinhee is in the hospital.”

 

Zelo’s eyes widened as he looked up to him. *Hospital? Jinhee’s in the hospital? Why?*

 

“Bye. I’ll be going.” Yongguk said as he waved a small goodbye to him. Zelo ran towards him and stopped him from leaving the room. Yongguk smiled to himself. *It works.* He thought.

 

“What were you talking about earlier?” Zelo asked him as he held his arm.

 

Yongguk tilted his head to the side. “Earlier?” he asked trying to act innocent.

 

“You said ..Jinhee was in the hospital. Why?” Zelo asked in panic.

 

Yongguk nodded in understanding. “Oh. That?” he waved his hand in front of his face. “You don’t need to know why. You said you didn’t want to see her anymore right? That’s it. I’m leaving.” Yongguk said as he turned around.

“Just tell me why!”Zelo exclaimed. He really wanted to know why Jinhee is in the hospital. He couldn’t help but get worried. Was she sick? How many days will she stay there? What if she has a fatal disease? He really has to know.

 

Yongguk stared at him with blank eyes. “After going here yesterday, on her way home, she collapsed on the street.”

 

*Jinhee collapsed? She’s really strong. Why would she collapse?* He thought as he tried to figure out why would Jinhee collapse. She looked alright whenever she comes here...

 

“She hadn’t been eating. She doesn’t have enough sleep. She’s stressed out. And also because of what you told her.”

 

Zelo felt a sudden pang of guilt hit him. So he was the reason why Jinhee collapsed.

 

A smile apeared on Yongguk's lips as a small plan formed in his mind. “And something terrible happened to her afterwards.” He added.

 

Zelo’s eyes widened. Now what happened to her?

 

“But since you said you don’t care about her, you shouldn’t know what it is. Right? Stop forcing yourself to listen to things about her when I know you’re very uninterested.” Yongguk mumbled as he patted his back.

 

“No. Hyung, tell me what happened. I need to know. I really need to know. I won’t be able to sleep if you won’t tell me. Just tell it to me. Please.” Zelo pleaded as he held Yongguk’s wrist.

 

Yongguk scratched the back of his neck, thinking about something terrible that could’ve happened to Jinhee since he doesn’t know what to say. “Well… I don’t know everything that happened. But it was a huge accident. And she’s …currently 50/50 on the hospital.” He lied.

 

Yongguk didn’t mean to make fun of Zelo. He was just thinking that if he scare Zelo like this, then maybe, maybe he will wake up from his idiocy and admit that he really loves Jinhee.

 

“50/50?!” Zelo shrieked. “I have to see her. I have to go there.” Zelo said as he was about to walk away but Yongguk stopped him. “You don’t have to. I know you don’t want to go there.”

 

Zelo frantically shook his head. “No. I have to go. I will go. I have to see her.”

 

“You said you don’t want to see her anymore right? Well, you’re wish has been granted. Maybe yesterday was the last day that you were able to see her since she’s… dying.” Yongguk mumbled as he shook his head and acted hurt.

 

*That was the last day he’s going to see her and I made her cry? And now she’s dying? No. I have to see her.* Zelo insisted in his thoughts. “I have to see her.” Zelo mumbled. “Why?” Yongguk asked him.

 

“She needs me.”

 

Yongguk smirked at him. “You said she loves me right? Then she would be much happier if she sees me. You don’t have to worry. I’ll take very good care of her. I swear. I won’t hurt her. Ever.”

 

That might be true that she’ll be happier to see him but I want to see her. I want to be there. I want to take care of her. I want to hold her hand. I want to..

 

“And maybe.. I might consider her as my girlfriend because---“

 

Zelo’s eyes widened. *Girlfriend?!* “NO!” Zelo quickly stopped him. “You can’t do that! She’s my girlfriend! What about Jieun noona?” He exclaimed.

 

Yongguk bit his lip as he flustered. “W-were …not together.” He lied. He’d be really dead if Jieun would hear him say those. But since she isn’t around..

 

“She’s not your girlfriend anymore. You said you would forget about her right? Start doing it now. I’ll be going.” Yongguk said as he gave him a small smile. “You don’t have to worry. I’ll take care of her. I promise.”

 

Zelo shook his head. I should be the one taking care of her. I should be the one standing by her side. I want to see her everyday.

 

“Just let me go so I could go to her. I really need to go there!”

 

“Give me one good reason why I should let you go.” Yongguk said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

 

Zelo became lost of words. One reason? Because he misses her? Because he’s very worried about her? Because he couldn’t stand being stuck inside his room while Jinhee is in the hospital? Because he feels guilty? Because he really wants to see her? Because he doesn’t want to see her with Yongguk and any other guys? Because he’s fearing that he won’t be able to see her anymore? Of all of these reasons that he thought of, Zelo doesn’t know what to tell Yongguk anymore. He was thinking of putting all of this words together but wouldn’t it be too long? Shouldn’t there be a single word that describes all of these things that he is thinking of? There should be. But he just couldn’t think what it was. Suddenly, he finally got what it was. He finally knew the reason why.

 

A smile appeared on his lips. “..Love.” He whispered. “I love Jinhee.”

 

How could he forget that he loves her? When was the only reason why he smiled. She was the reason why he was always happy. How could he forget? Maybe he was blinded by his anger and also because of the pain.

 

“What?” Yongguk asked him. He couldn’t hear him because he was whispering it to himself.

 

He looked up. “I love Jinhee.” He firmly stated.

 

Yongguk smiled. *Finally.* “What was it? I couldn’t hear you.” He pretended not to hear him.

 

“I love Jinhee! I love her so much! I don’t think I can live in this world without seeing her even for a day. And I don’t want other guys to take her away. Especially you. I really want to—“

 

Yongguk patted his head with a big smile. “You did great. Tell those to her okay?”

 

Zelo nodded as he smiled. Then he went to the door. He was about to turn the knob but he suddenly remembered he didn’t know what hospital Jinhee was.

“Hyung what’s the name of the hospital?”

 

 

===============================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING/ UPVOTING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDD 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Will it be okay with you guys if this story reaches 60+ chapters? I just... have a feeling that it will.  I was worrying that you might get bored or anything. So.. just asking. ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Birthday to stick_oLoveEXO(If it's your birthday... yeah. Happy Birthday)