CHAPTER 23: THE SHIRT

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

=============================================================================

 

“Try and catch it Jinhee!” He said as he waved his phone up and down. I desperately tried to catch it because I have to delete the picture. *What if his friends see that?! What if Yongguk-oppa sees that?!*

“Jinhee-ah! Jump higher!” He teased. *It's because you're so damn tall!*

 As I looked at him, by the look on his face, I realized that he was making fun of me. I decided to give up on trying to snatch his phone away and gave him a deadly glare. As I looked at him, I suddenly noticed his shirt. It looks awfully familiar to me. Wait a minute. Isn’t that the shirt I’m supposed to give to Yongguk-oppa?

I pointed to the shirt he’s wearing. “Where did you get that shirt?” I gave him a sharp look.

He looked at his shirt, “Oh.. this, I found this on the table. Isn’t this for me? It’s for me right?” He asked cheerfully as he gave me an eye smile.

*That’s Yongguk-oppa’s* “That’s not yours!” I exclaimed as I placed my hands on my waist.

"Wait." He took out a piece of paper from his pocket and read it aloud:

Oppa,

I hope you like this shirt I gave you. The first time I saw this, I instantly remembered you. I hope you use it well.

-Jinhee

 

He carefully folded the little note and placed it securely on his pocket. “It’s clearly for me. Who else is your ‘Oppa’ right? Don’t worry! I’ll take care of this shirt. And, I really like the style. Thank you Jinhee~” He said happily while looking at the shirt admiringly.

*I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that I didn't put Yongguk-oppa name in the card.*I sighed. “That’s not for you Zelo!” I said in annoyance. * I saved up for 2 weeks just to buy that shirt for Yongguk-oppa!* “Take it off! That’s not yours.” I demanded him.

His brows pinched together with a pout. “No. This is totally mine.” He said as he tightly held onto the shirt.

*No! The shirt is going to be crumpled!* “Zelo!” I exclaimed in anger.

“It’s Zelo-oppa!” He corrected as he raised his voice.

“I don’t care. Give me the shirt. I’ll buy you another one okay? That’s not yours.” I tried to bargain, thinking that it'd work on him but,

“It’s clearly mine! You don’t have to be shy about it. I really like your gift!” He innocently said trying to cheer me up.

*And now he thinks I’m just being shy!* I face palmed myself. “For the last time, that shirt is not yours! Take it off!” I exclaimed as I desperately tried to remove the shirt from him.

Suddenly,

“What’s the noise all about? It’s already 9 pm kids. You have to sleep—“

My dad suddenly barged in and saw us in a very wrong situation. When he barged in, that was when I was trying to remove the precious shirt. And it looked like I was stripping Zelo and I lifted the shirt way too high, and we can almost see his bare chest. Well, it was actually like that but my intentions are clear! I don’t intend to do THAT! I was trying to get the shirt! Nothing more, nothing less!*

Dad looked at me with his mouth wide open as if he couldn’t believe what his daughter was doing. Then he turned to Zelo. As always, Zelo looked so damn innocent. He was blinking several times and he looked freakin cute for a guy. In short, it really looks like I’m molesting him. Why does he always have to look innocent?! I quickly let go of Zelo’s shirt and turn to my dad to give an explanation.

“THAT’S NOT REALLY IT! WHAT YOU WERE THINKING WAS WRONG! APPA, THE SHIRT HE WAS WEARING WAS NOT HIS. HE WAS CLAIMING THAT THE SHIRT IS HIS PROPERTY! IT WAS A MISTAKE. I’M NOT WHAT YOU’RE THINKING OF ME RIGHT NOW APPA!” I explained right away so that my dad will not think of me wrongly. *What if my dad will hate just because of this? Argh. It's all Zelo's fault!*

He walked towards me with a smile.”Aigoo, my daughter is really growing up. I never knew you’re the aggressive type. It’s okay. That’s nothing to be embarrassed about. You’re still my precious daughter.” He said as he patted my head, trying to comfort me.

“APPPPPPPPA!” My face turned red. *What aggressive type is he talking about?! I clearly explained everything to him!*

He broke into laughter and patted Zelo’s back. “Sorry if I disturbed you guys. I’ll be going then. Goodnight!” Dad said as he walked towards the door.

"It's okay Aboji." Zelo answered. *WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT?! THIS ERT!*

Before dad walks out of the room, “Don’t make loud noises okay?” He asked with a mischievous grin.

“APPA!” I exclaimed as I stomped on my right foot. After that, he dashed towards his room.  Even though he’s my dad, he’s still making fun of me and he’s siding Zelo.

I turned to Zelo with a sour face. It looked like he was trying to hold his laughter. *You’re enjoying the privilege my dad is giving you. Argh. If only my dad had a son, he won’t be this kind to you.*

“What’s with that face? You should smile.” He said as he placed his fingers on my left and right cheek and tried to make me smile. I noticed that he’s having fun in making me smile. *He's making fun of me again.*

I slapped his hand away. “I’m going now.” I turn my back on him and glumly walked away.

He grabbed me by my arm and spun me around. “You’re not sleeping here?” He asked in a serious tone.

I gave him a -____- face. “You ert!” I exclaimed as I was about to hit him but he already dashed towards his bed. “I was kidding Jinhee. Goodnight! Thank you for visiting me to make sure that I’m okay. And also… for the wonderful shirt that I’m wearing right now!” He said with a big smile.

*Those smiles of him…* I immediately turned my back on him to hide my blushing face. “Whatever.”

 

============================================================================

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! GODBLESS EVERYONE! <333