CHAPTER 67: NEW TUTOR

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

 

 

========================================================

 

 

Jinhee slightly pouted as she frowned, trying hard to understand what Zelo was writing in her notebook. No matter how clear his explanation was, it was still quite hard for her.

 

Zelo looked up to her and noticed the expression on her face. “You still don’t get it?” He gently asked her.

 

Jinhee bit her lip. “I already get it.” She lied. She said that because she didn't want to look like an idiot in front of this Math genius before her.

 

But the truth is, she still doesn’t get anything about it. Because she was blankly staring at the paper. Not even analyzing the numbers and the problem itself. Plus, Zelo’s handwriting is not that readable. That makes it worse.

 

Zelo straightened up and cleared his throat. “The first thing you should do is extract the roots.” he said as he tapped the tip of the pencil on the numbers written in Jinhee’s notebook.

 

Jinhee looked at him. “I said I already get it.” Jinhee mumbled as she closed the notebook. Zelo stubbornly opened it again. “I already know you. You still don’t get it right?” He smiled.

 

Jinhee twitched. “I’m not going to fail just because of Math.” She mumbled under her breath. “Just why is Math so hard?” She asked herself as she sighed. “Who the heck invented Math? Doesn’t that person have anything else important to do in his life? Why do I have to study formulas that I won’t even use when I get a job?” She rambled on and on.

 

“It’s not hard. You’re just not paying attention to it because you already think it’s hard even before you start.” Zelo explained.

 

“Whatever.” Jinhee replied as she rolled her eyes. *He’s saying those because he’s a Math genius.* She thought as she blew air into her bangs.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll happily teach you everything.” he grinned.

 

“Everything?”

 

Zelo nodded. “Everything!”

 

“What if I still don’t get it?”

 

“You will. Because I’m your tutor.” Zelo smirked as he patted his chest.

 

She eyed him as her lips twitched to the side. “Conceited jerk.”

 

Zelo just proudly smiled at her.

 

“But what if you did everything but I still don’t get it?” She asked out of curiosity.

 

Zelo tapped his chin and thought about it for a while. “Then I’ll teach it to you again and again and again and again and again until you finally get it.” He cheerfully said.

 

Jinhee smiled. She really appreciated how sweet Zelo was. And she realized how lucky she was to have him in her life. What has she done to deserve a guy like him? She thought as she glanced at Zelo who wrote another set of questions for her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I WON! I WON! I WON!” Zelo exclaimed from downstairs.

 

Jinhee sighed as she pushed her notebook away. Math forever. She mumbled as she plopped on her bed.

 

She can still hear Zelo’s triumphant screams and shouts. And it kinda irritated her. So Jinhee grabbed her pillow and covered her ears. But still, she could hear him.

 

Yes. Jinhee was only creating an illusion in her mind that Zelo was tutoring her. But in reality, Zelo was downstairs, playing video games with her father.

 

Eventhough she woke up early, she didn’t go down because of what she heard earlier.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

It was Saturday.

 

And as promised, Zelo would drop by Jinhee’s house. So Jinhee woke up early. She already decided that she’ll ask Zelo to help her out with Math just like before. Because she knew that he’ll help her.

 

Jinhee might try to hide it in front of Zelo, but she’s really excited for this day. Because it’s a day wherein she will finally have time with Zelo. 

 

Yes. She'll admit it. She really missed him. Having Zelo in the same class as her is really different.

 

And now that Zelo's not in her class anymore, there are no notes or letters that are supposed to be passed to her from him. She'll have no one to eat with during break time. There won't any goofy Zelo around trying to cheer her up whenever she feels sad.

 

Yes. They meet before and after classes but still, having Zelo in her class is way too different.

 

 

And it was hard for her to see him. What if girls are swooning over him? That guy is too innocent to even notice that a girl is flirting with him.

 

Now that he was chosen as the President of their class, he was always always busy. There are meetings and teachers are making him their personal slave. And the result?

 

It would be very hard for the two of them to meet. 

 

So Jinhee decided to enjoy this day to the fullest. She won't treat him coldly and will try to smile like what he always wanted.

 

That's when she heard her father open their gate. "Junhong-ah! You're early today." Her father greeted him with a big smile.

 

And Zelo gladly smiled back as he bowed.

 

Jinhee quickly grabbed her Math book from her bed and ran towards her door and quietly walked downstairs. I'll ask Zelo to teach me. Jinhee thought happily as she hugged the book on her chest.

 

"Jinhee is still sleeping upstairs." Her father said as he sat on the couch.

 

Zelo nodded. "I'll just wait for her to wake up Aboji."

 

"How's school?"

 

Zelo slowly deflated like a balloon when he heard the word school. He doesn't even want to think about it. "It was not fun. I'm always busy. And we rarely meet. So today, we'll only play. I don't want to do anything related to school." he explained as he puffed his cheeks up.

 

Jinhee slowly stepped back. He doesn't want to do anything related to school? She thought as she glanced at her Math book. Then he won't want to tutor me. But we have an exam on Math this Monday....

 

Jinhee bit her lip and tried to think about the situation. We don't usually see each other... so I might as well enjoy this day without worrying about Math. She thought as she tried to smile and went back to her room to review a little. She promised herself that after she reviewed her notes, she’ll go downstairs and just spend the whole day with Zelo.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Jinhee stood up from her bed. I’m going downstairs now. I already reviewed my notes. That’s enough. Plus, I will be able to encounter Math in my everyday life at school. But this day will only come once a week. She thought as she went outside her room.

 

At the living room, Zelo and her father are sitting on the floor while playing video games.

 

“Junhong-ah! Don’t you dare try to use a combo on me or I’ll ask Jinhee to stop seeing you!” Jinhee’s father threatened him as he glanced at Zelo.

 

Zelo stuck his tongue out and continued to attack Yoshimitsu, which was the character Jinhee’s father was using. And it made Jinhee’s dad scream and shout as he saw his character slowly dying.

 

Jinhee smiled as she saw the most important guys in her life getting along well. It’s a good thing that Zelo’s here. That way Appa won’t be bored.

 

She was about to enter the kitchen to get some cookies but Zelo saw her using his peripheral vision.

 

“Jinhee! You woke up late.” He greeted her with a big smile. Jinhee chuckled. Zelo looked like an idiot smiling brightly at her. “Come here!” He told her as he stood up and paused the game.

 

Jinhee walked over to them and turned to her father. “Appa.... morning.” She lazily greeted him.

 

Her father smiled. “Are you hungry? I already cooked lunch. Just wait for us to finish this game and let’s all eat together. But for now, just arrange the plates.” He told her.

 

Jinhee was about to walk away but Zelo grabbed her arm. “What?” She asked as she turned back to him.

 

Zelo pointed to his right cheek.

 

“What?”Jinhee narrowed her eyes on him, not getting what he was trying to say. “Is your cheek itchy or what?” She asked him.

 

Zelo frowned. “I’m telling you to give me a kiss.”

 

“Yah. I told you you’re my favorite son-in-law but that doesn’t mean I want to see you flirting with my Jinhee. Stop that and continue playing with me.” Jinhee’s father suddenly interrupted their conversation.

 

Zelo pouted and sat on the floor again. “If I win, will I be allowed to kiss Jinhee?” He asked Jinhee’s father with a smile.

 

Jinhee’s dad turned to him with a smile. “That’s fine with me. But If I win, you should stop seeing my daughter.” He told her with a small smirk.

 

“Nevermind Aboji. Let’s just play again. You should eat breakfast now Jinhee.” Zelo said as he went back to playing which caused Jinhee’s father to burst out laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

After eating,

 

Zelo was watching the TV beside Jinhee when he saw Jinhee’s father arranging his bag in a hurry. A smile crossed his face. “Are you going somewhere Aboji?” He asked happily.

 

“Yeah. Something urgent came up.” Jinhee’s father said as he looked at Zelo and noticed the smile on his face. And he immediately sent him a warning look. “Don’t do anything stupid. I can still remember what you did to Jinhee when you knew about the letter.” He said.

 

Zelo pouted. “That was already in the past Aboji!” He whined like a kid.

 

Jinhee’s father smiled. “I was just kidding.” He said as he slung his bag on his shoulder. “I’ll be going now. Junhong-ah, take care of Jinhee. Okay?” He asked Zelo.

 

Zelo nodded with a big smile. “As always Aboji.”

 

And then he turned to Jinhee before walking away. “And Jinhee, for the nth time, don’t try to cook okay? If you’re hungry. Just order food or eat outside okay?”

 

Jinhee frowned and made at face at his dad.

 

“Okay? I’ll be going.” He said as he ruffled Jinhee’s hair and finally walked out of the house.

 

As the door closed, Zelo turned to Jinhee and shuffled closer beside her. Then, he leaned his head on her shoulder.

 

“I’m not a pillow.” Jinhee commented as she changed the channels of the TV.

 

Zelo played around and bounced his head back and forth at her shoulder. “But you’re so soft. Maybe it’s because of the fat---“ He looked up to her to check if she heard him.

 

And unfortunately. She did.

 

And Jinhee was now glaring at him. “I dare you to complete what you were saying.”

 

Zelo constantly shook his head. “That’s not what I meant!” He blurted out.

 

“Then what?”

 

Zelo bit his lip and tried to think first. “You know everyone has fats in their body.” Zelo tried to explain but the moment he saw Jinhee’s reaction, she was shaking her head as a sign of disbelief, he stopped.

 

“But you’re not fat! Really! I swear!” He said. “Aboji is just saying that because he wants to tease you!”

 

Jinhee sighed and nodded a little. “Fine.”

 

“But now that I’ve thought about it, it’s not bad to have a fat girlfriend after all.” Zelo mumbled as he tapped his chin.

 

Jinhee’s eyes rounded as she lightly slapped his arm again and again. “So you’re really telling me that I’m fat?! If I’m fat you’re as thin as a stick! Plus you’re so tall! You’re like a walking flagpole! And you---

 

Jinhee couldn’t continue what she was saying because Zelo hugged her. “I missed you.” Zelo mumbled and kissed her forehead.

 

Jinhee smiled a little as she slowly softened. “I missed you too.” She shyly admitted as a small blush crept up in her cheeks.

 

Zelo grinned. “I knew it. No one is able to resist the great Zelo.” He boasted off.

 

Jinhee shook her head with a smile. She couldn’t argue about it to him because it was true, that she missed him. In fact, she really missed him.

 

“I wish everyday is Saturday.” Zelo pouted as he spoke.

 

“Babo. That would mean that we won’t be going to school anymore.” Jinhee answered.

 

Zelo nodded. “Exactly. If it’s possible I’d really like to just go here everyday than go to school.”

 

I’d like that too. Jinhee thought as she smiled. “So how’s it going being the class president?” Jinhee asked even though she knew the answer to her question, just to annoy Junhong.

 

Zelo made a face at her. “It’s fun. Really.” He sarcastically answered making Jinhee laugh.

 

“It’s okay. You can do it. Mr. President.” Jinhee cheered for him.

 

“How about you? How’s your class?” Zelo asked her, waiting for her reaction. He wanted to know if she’ll talk about the transfer student which happens to be his brother.

 

“Mmm.. It’s okay. Just like before.” She shortly answered him.

 

“That’s it? You’re not going to tell me anything else other than that?” Junhong asked.

 

“Why? What do you want to know?”

 

Zelo shook his head. “Nothing.” He answered. He didn’t ask her about his brother because he was afraid that she’ll ask why. And when she asks him that, he won’t know how to answer her so he chose to just keep quiet about it. I’ll tell you about my Hyung soon. He thought with a smile.

 

 

 

Next Monday,

 

 Zelo was walking with Jinhee to her room. And he stopped at the middle of the corridor. He was about to walk her inside the classroom but he remembered that he can’t do that since, his brother will see him.

 

“Why?” Jinhee asked him.

 

“I… I need to go now. I suddenly remembered that I have something important to do.” Zelo reasoned out.

 

Jinhee pouted. “Is that so?”

 

Zelo noticed how unhappy Jinhee looked and of course, he wanted her to smile. But he just can’t do anything. He can’t let his brother see him. Atleast, not now.

 

Zelo leaned to her and kissed her forehead.

 

“There’s so many students here!” She hissed at him as she blushed. But Zelo didn’t mind her. “I’ll be going now okay?” He asked her.

 

Jinhee just nodded. “Bye. See you later.” She told him. Zelo took three steps away. But then, he came back to her. “What?” Jinhee asked.

 

Zelo smiled and kissed her left and right cheek. “Just in case you frown when I leave. See you later!” He said as he ran awa from her because he knew she’ll hit him.

 

Jinhee touched her cheek and smiled. Then she went inside the room happily.

 

As she walked inside the room, she noticed that all of her classmates are busy reviewing. She went on her seat and tapped the student in front of her. “What’s going on? Why is everybody so busy?” She asked Minah.

 

Minah turned to her and placed her ballpen in her desk. “We have a Math Test remember?”

 

Jinhee’s eyes rounded as shaped into an ‘O’ That’s right. The Math test. I totally forgot about it. She thought as she slapped her forehead.

 

Jinhee grabbed her notebook from her bag. She was about to ask Minah to teach her but she saw that she is having difficulties in answering the problems.

 

Jinhee looked around. All of her classmates are busy, studying in groups. Except for one person.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

He was silently reading a novel.

 

Jinhee bit her lip. He’s busy.

 

 

 

Our test is up to 100 right?

 

Is it our final test already?

 

It is! So we should pass this exam no matter what!

 

 

Jinhee heard her classmates’ conversation. I have no choice but to ask him to teach me. She thought as she made up her mind and cheered herself on.

 

Jinhee was about to speak up but she stopped herself because she feels shy. After all, Chanyeol is a new student.

 

Chanyeol noticed Jinhee’s actions and turned to her. “Is anything wrong?” he asked her with his usual deep voice.

 

Jinhee hesitated at first but still, she asked him. “Can you teach me this? Please?” She asked as she pointed to a problem in her Math notebook.

 

Chanyeol smiled at her. “Sure.” He said as he took the notebook and started tutoring her.

 

After a few minutes,

 

“Did you get it?” Chanyeol asked her.

 

Jinhee smiled as she nodded. “I did. Thank you!” She thanked him. “And, sorry for disturbing you.” Jinhee added.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “It’s nothing. If there’s anything that you don’t get in any of our lessons, you can always ask me. I’ll gladly teach you.” He told her with a big smile.

 

Jinhee chuckled. Seeing Chanyeol’s sunny smile reminded her of Zelo.

 

“Why?” Chanyeol asked. Jinhee shook her head. “It’s nothing. I just remembered someone.”

 

Chanyeol wanted to ask who it was but he felt like he doesn’t have the right to ask her. So he just remained silent.

 

“So.. do you have any questions or anything you want to be clarified or whatever?” Chanyeol asked her, trying to prolong their conversation.

 

Jinhee shook her head. “It’s okay now. I already understand it. Thanks to you, Chanyeol-ssi.” She smiled.

 

Chanyeol bit his lip to stop the smile trying to escape from it and eyed her. She called me by my name. He thought happily. “You ..can just call me.. Chanyeol.” he told her while being uneasy.

 

“Ahh.. Okay. You can call me Jinhee then.”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Yes… J-jinhee.” Chanyeol stuttered with a small blush.

 

And that’s where their friendship started. With Chanyeol being Jinhee’s tutor.

 

 

=======================================================

 

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE

 

I'm backkkkk~ *waves* Our classes already ended. :DDDDD FREEDOM~ \O/

 

INFINITE- MAN IN LOVE MV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C-dsCaFJzE

Sungjong looks so cute here. Hahahaha. And it's so unfair Sungyeol's line is so short. :((( But the song is nice~ And their dance is awesomeee. :DDD

 

 

Sorry for the long chapter.  :)