CHAPTER 69: KIMBAP

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

===========================================

 

3:00 in the morning.

 

In the kitchen,

 

Clanging of pans and the sound of knife slashing through the chopping can be heard.  

 

Jinhee was making lunch for Zelo.

 

The truth is, she was worried about Zelo yesterday. While she was eating, in every bite that she took she was thinking about Zelo. *Did he eat already? Is he eating tasty food?* Those are the things she was thinking about.

 

So now, to avoid worrying about him, she decided to cook for him.

 

*Now I’ll be sure that he eats on time.* She thought as she chopped the onions.

 

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING PARK JINHEE?!”

 

 

Out of shock, Jinhee accidentally cut her finger using the knife.

 

“Ahhh!” Jinhee screamed in pain. Her thick red blood oozed out from her finger as she turned to her dad. “Why did you shout Appa?!” She asked in a faltering voice, her tears ready to flow.

 

Her father rushed to the cupboard and grabbed the emergency kit. “Sorry. I was just… surprised that you were cooking.” He apologized. Then he went to her side and started to apply medication to her wounded finger.

 

Jinhee winced in pain as the cotton ball soaked in alcohol touch her wounded finger.

 

“Does it hurt that much?” Her father asked.

 

She turned to him, teary eyed. “Will I cry if it doesn’t hurt?” She pouted.

 

“It’s because you’re cooking! I was just worried that you’ll burn down the whole kitchen!” Her dad defended himself. He still couldn’t forget what happened when Jinhee first tried to cook.

 

Jinhee bit her lip and glared at him. “Thanks Dad.” She mumbled sarcastically.

 

Her father smiled at her. “I was just joking.” He said as he tried to find a band aid in the emergency kit but couldn’t find any. “Did we run out of band aids?” He asked.

 

Jinhee grabbed her hand back and wrinkled her nose. “I’ll just buy one later when I go to school.”

 

Her father nodded and looked at what she was trying to prepare. And he instantly figured out it was for Zelo. “You’re going to cook for him?” He asked her with a big smile.

 

Jinhee twitched her lips to the side. “Kinda.” She coyly answered as she looked away.

 

“Aigoo.. my daughter is so sweet!” Her dad said as he ruffled her hair. He was really happy since her daughter is preparing something for Zelo.

 

Jinhee pulled back. “Aish. Just go back to sleep Appa!” She said as she pushed her father out of the kitchen. She was sure he’s going to rant about her being sweet and stuff.

 

“Arasso. But don’t you want me to help you?” He asked her as he wiggled his brows excitedly.

 

Jinhee looked at him and a smile formed in her lips. “Since you’re the reason why I was wounded, you should definitely help me Appa!” She grinned as she passed the knife and chopping board to her father.

 

 

 

 

At school,

 

Jinhee opened the door to her classroom and found no one. She raised an eyebrow. *No one’s here yet?* She thought as she glanced at the wall clock in front.

 

5: 15

 

“What? 5:15? I left our house at 5:25!” She mumbled in confusion.

 

After a few seconds, she finally figured it out. “It must be Appa. He adjusted the clock again.” Jinhee thought as she shook her head and just made her way onto her seat.

 

“Since it’s still early, I’ll sleep first.” Jinhee said to herself as she plopped down on her seat and rested her head over her crossed arms above her table.

 

Little by little, her eyes closed and finally, she was able to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Zelo was walking towards the gate with a pout. *Tch. Jinhee didn’t even wait for me today.* He thought as he stomped on his feet.

 

At that time, Chanyeol just got off his car and started walking as well. And he saw Zelo. He smiled. “Junhong-ah!” He called his dongsaeng as he waved.

 

Zelo turned back and was surprised to see Chanyeol waving happily while walking towards him. He awkwardly smiled and gave him a small wave.

 

Chanyeol slung his arm around his neck. “I rarely see you here. Are you hiding from me?” He asked his dongsaeng.

 

Zelo instantly shook his head. “N-no! I was just---“

 

“Let’s go. I’ll take you to your classroom.” Chanyeol grinned.

 

“No you can’t!” Zelo unknowingly yelled. Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he took a step back.

 

This was the first time Junhong yelled at him. “Why? Is there a problem?” He asked as he loosened his arm around Zelo.

 

Junhong bit his lip. He knew he shouldn’t have done that. But he has to keep his promise to his mother. And that is to avoid his brother.

 

Zelo bowed a little. “Mianhe hyung, I was just.. really busy. I need to go now. See you around.” Zelo mumbled as he tried to smile. Then he ran away leaving his brother behind.

 

Chanyeol tilted his head to the side as he watched Zelo leave. “What’s wrong with him?” he asked in confusion.

 

 

 

Chanyeol came to their classroom and was surprised because someone else is earlier than him.

 

He has always been the earliest in their class ever since he started studying. It was because of his perfectionist mother.

 

Chanyeol walked towards his seat and was even more surprised when he found out that it was Jinhee. And without him knowing it, he smiled. *So it was Jinhee.*

 

Chanyeol sat onto his chair as quietly as he could so that Jinhee wouldn’t wake up. And as he sat beside her, all he did was to stare at her sleeping face.

 

Staring at her sleeping face reminded him of how he brought her to the hospital before.

 

Chanyeol rested his chin under his palm which was above the table, his eyes not leaving Jinhee’s sleeping figure. “We’ve met thrice before. How could you forget about me?” He whispered as he pouted.

 

 

Soon, the room was filled with students. And Jinhee woke up because their classmates are so noisy.

 

Jinhee slowly opened her eyes with a frown, not really happy for the reason that she woke up because it was noisy.

 

*Cute.* Chanyeol smiled. “You look tired. Did something happen?” he asked her.

 

Jinhee shook her head as she rubbed her eyes with her injured hand to clear her blurry vision. “No. I was just sleepy because I woke up early today.” She answered.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he saw her wound. “What happened to your hand?” He asked as his brows pinched together in anxiety.

 

Jinhee looked at her finger. “Oh, this? I accidentally cut myself because---“

 

“Wait here.”

 

Chanyeol stood up and dashed outside the room.

 

“What happened to him?” Jinhee thought as she eyed him who was already outside the room.

 

Few minutes later, Chanyeol came back to his seat, gasping for air.

 

“Are you okay?” Jinhee asked him. “Where did you go?”

 

Chanyeol ignored her questions and gently grabbed her injured hand. Then he wrapped the pink band aid around her wound as tenderly as he could so that he won’t hurt her.

 

“You should’ve been more careful.” He said as he looked at her and released her hand.

 

Jinhee nodded. “Thank you.”

 

“Why did you cut yourself?” Chanyeol asked her.

 

“Accidentally.” Jinhee corrected him. Chanyeol just nodded and waited for her to continue what she was saying.

 

“I was preparing lunch earlier. But I accidentally injured myself because of my dad. He suddenly yelled because he didn’t want me to use the kitchen!” Jinhee pouted.

 

“He didn’t want you to use the kitchen?” Chanyeol asked in confusion. “Why?”

 

“Because I’m a terrible cook.” Jinhee mumbled.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “No you’re not!”

 

Jinhee gave him a questioning look. “How can you say so? You haven’t even ---“

 

Chanyeol scoffed. “I mean you.. you just don’t look like one.” He immediately explained.

Jinhee just nodded.

 

*But she’s not a terrible cook. I’ve tasted the lunch she prepared before. And it was delicious.* He thought to himself.

 

 

Suddenly, the girls started talking to Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol oppa!”

“You’re so handsome today Oppa!”

“Are you single?”

“What type of girl do you like?”

“What are the foods that you like to eat?”

 

The girls were surrounding him and asking him different questions.

 

“Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?”

That one question was the clearest question he heard and so he chose to answer it.

 

Chanyeol turned red as he shook his head. “I don’t have one. But I have someone I like.” He answered with a shy smile.

 

The girls were unhappy with his answer and asked him more questions. But this time he didn’t answer them all, leaving the girls disappointed. Because of that they left one by one.

 

As all the girls have left,

 

Jinhee nudged him. “Who is it?”

 

Chanyeol innocently blinked at her. “Who?”

 

“The girl that you like.” Jinhee mumbled.

 

“Ahhh…. It’s a secret.” He smiled.

 

Jinhee made a face at him. “Tch. So secretive. And I thought we were friends.” She mumbled as she pouted.

 

Chanyeol was about to answer her but Jinhee already spoke. “If you want I can help you with her.”

Chanyeol smiled. *You’ll help me with you?* He thought as he grinned. The idea was just too amusing for him. “That’s a great idea.” He mumbled as he nodded.

 

Jinhee leaned closer to him. “That’s why you should tell me who it is!” She mumbled sneakily.

 

Chanyeol was about to reply but the teacher suddenly came.

 

 

 

….

 

 

Jinhee was about to knock at Zelo’s classroom door but she was hesitating. *Maybe I should just text him to go out.* She thought.

 

Suddenly,

“Are you looking for Junhong?”

 

Jinhee turned around and saw Jonghyun, the Vice President of the class. She nodded. “Is he inside?” She asked him.

 

Jonghyun shook his head. “He’s currently in a meeting with all the Class Presidents.” He explained.

 

*Again?* Jinhee pouted as her shoulders deflated.

 

She wanted to give the lunch personally to him. She wanted to see his expression. *I want to see his smile.* She thought.

 

Jonghyun smiled. “If you want, I’ll just give that to him when he arrives.” He offered as he pointed to what Jinhee was holding.

 

“Thank you!” Jinhee smiled as she nodded the lunch to him.

 

 

….

 

 

Zelo sat in his seat with a heavy sigh. *It’s really exhausting being the Class President.* He thought as he breathed heavily.

 

“Junhong-ah, your girlfriend was here earlier. She asked me to give this to you.” Jonghyun said as he placed the lunch on top of Zelo’s desk.

 

Zelo immediately brightened. “Really? It’s really from Jinhee?” He asked him.

 

Jonghyun nodded.

 

Without a word, Zelo took the bag and noticed the card on top of it. And as careful as he could, he opened it.

 

 

I was forced to cook breakfast this morning. But I cooked too much. So to avoid food from being thrown away, I’ll just give it to you.

 

P.S.

Don’t dare try to think that I cooked this for you. Because I didn’t.

:P

                                                                                                  -Jinhee

 

Zelo made a face as he closed the note. “If I know she really cooked this for me.” He mumbled as he smiled and folded the note neatly.

 

He then grabbed the lunch box and opened it. His eyes twinkled in delight. It was his favorite food.

 Zelo stood up and went to Jonghyun. “See this? My lovely girlfriend made this!” He boasted off like a kid.

 

*Show off.* Jonghyun shook his head and pretended not to hear Zelo.

 

But Zelo didn’t mind him and went to all of his male classmates and boasted off the lunch Jinhee has made for him.

 

Everyone was now jealous of Zelo because he had a caring girlfriend who cooked his lunch for him. Except for one person who sleeping at the back.

 

Sungjae.

 

Zelo grinned as he went towards him.

 

“Look! My girlfriend cooked this very delicious lunch for me.” Zelo bragged, showing the lunch Jinhee made.

 

Sungjae slightly opened his eyes but still, he ignored Zelo.

 

“Yah! You should pay attention to me! I’m the Class President! Pay attention or I’ll erase all your records during History Class!” Zelo threatened him.

 

Sungjae was now awake. He turned to Zelo and saw the kimbap he was holding. *Food!* He thought as he instantly grabbed one and stuffed it in his mouth.

 

“YAHHHHHHHH!” Zelo shrieked as he glared at Sungjae.

 

Sungjae smiled. "It's delicious. Thank you." He said as he gave Zelo an 'Ok' sign.

 

 

 

=====================================================

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE