CHAPTER 33: AN INJURED HEART

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

======================================================

 

Himchan hyung and Daehyun hyung held both of my arms and helped me walk towards the nearest bleacher so that they’ll be able to treat my bleeding knee.

“Does it hurt?” Jongup asked me with a worried face.

Youngjae interfered right before I could answer. “It’s bleeding. For sure it hurts.”

“Do you think you broke your knee?” Daehyun hyung asked as he examined my knee. Himchan hyung suddenly shoved him away. “Move it. Lime’s going to apply medication to his wound.” Daehyun gave him a glare before scooting away. *Show-off*

Lime dipped the cotton ball on alcohol and eyed Zelo. “This might sting a bit.” She warned. I just nodded. *It’ll be better if Jinhee’s the one treating my wound.*

“Why is Lime treating Zelo? Where’s Jinhee?” I heard Daehyun ask. Youngjae pointed to their left. There was Yongguk who was twisting in pain while Jinhee tried to apply medication on his wound.

“Yongguk hyung looked hurt too.” Youngjae commented as he shook his head. “You should’ve let go of the ball Zelo. Look, now you’re injured.” Youngjae started lecturing me.

I bit my lip as I felt a burning sensation on my wound. *The medication.* “Sorry.” Lime noona apologized as she tried to fan my wound. I just gave her a light smile.

“Aren’t you guys hungry? After this let’s go eat!” Himchan announced as he patted his stomach.

“I want patbingsoo.” Daehyun his lips. “Any soup will do for me.” Youngjae answered.

I suddenly thought of eating ramen with Jongup since it was what we usually eat after our basketball games before. A smile ran across my face. *A ramen with my best friend will make me feel good.* I looked up. But to my disappointment, Jongup was not there.

 

“Hyung are you okay? Will you be able to walk?” I heard Jongup ask Yongguk. I lightly turned my head to their direction. Yongguk hyung nodded with a small smile.

“But it’ll be great if you don’t move around that much.” Jinhee advised him as she wrapped the bandage around hyung’s knee. “Yes Doctor.” Yongguk joked. Jinhee looked up to him and narrowed her eyes on him. And they both laughed. My heart sank down in jealousy. Did she forget that I’m also injured? That hyung collided with me that’s why we’re both injured? What now? Am I invisible to her? I balled my fist as I looked away.  I won’t talk to her today.

“I have a great idea, hyung let’s eat ramen later! It’ll make you feel good!” I heard Jongup murmur. *First, it’s Jinhee. Now it’s my best friend. Who’s next hyung?* I thought as I sighed.

 

 

“There. It’s okay now.” Lime noona said as she stood up after she finished wrapping the bandage around my wound.

I bit my lip as I glanced at her. “Thank you Noona.” I said. She just smiled and nodded.

“Junhong-ah? You okay? You don’t look good.” Himchan mumbled as he placed his palm on my forehead checking if I have fever. Maybe he noticed that I was a bit down.

“Is he sick?” Daehyun asked Himchan. He frowned and turned to Daehyun. “I don’t know.” He answered with a straight face.

Youngjae slapped his hand away. “Aish. Seriously. You can’t even detect if he has fever or not?” Youngjae asked as he placed his palm on my forehead. “No. He’s fine.” Youngjae said as he smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

“How would I know if he’s temperature’s high or low? Human temperature is not that easy to read. Do I look like some thermometer to you?!” Himchan ranted to Youngjae.

“Normal body temperature is 36.5 degrees hyung. Place your palm on your forehead. That’s it.”

Himchan placed his hand over his forehead. “It’s not cold. Not hot either. I don’t have fever!” He smiled.

“Even elementary students knows this.” Youngjae said as he shook his head.

“I was absent when that was taught in class! Blame the teacher!” Himchan defended himself.

I couldn’t help but smile at my hyung’s silliness. Lime noona just laughed at them.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I saw that Jinhee is approaching us. Now she finally sees me just because they made a ruckus if I was sick or not? So if they didn’t argue about she wouldn’t go here?

 

“Can I---“

“I’m fine.” I said without looking at Jinhee. I just can’t look at her right now. I’m too mad at her.

She innocently blinked at me. “Huh?”

I turned to her and puffed up my cheeks. “I said I’m fine. There’s no need to be worried about.” I said. It was evident in my tone that I’m annoyed.

“Oh. That’s good.” She nodded. Then she turned to Lime noona. “Can I ask for more bandage? Yongguk’s bandage is not enough.” She said.

I gaped at her. She came here because of hyung doesn’t have enough bandage? And not to check on me? I closed my eyes and bit my lip in irritation. *This is really too much.*

 

…..

 

 

JINHEE’S POV

 

We have already finished eating. And now we’re walking on the road. I noticed that Zelo’s been distant to me. Is he okay? I want to talk to him but he’s surrounded by his friends. And they look like they’re having fun. By themselves.

Should I text him? I immediately fished out my phone from my pocket. Only to find that the battery already went dead. *Great timing.* I thought sarcastically. Maybe we’ll just talk later. And I think he’s alright since Lime already treated his knee. I guess he’s alright. He should be.

I suddenly felt sad. The thought of Lime treating his wound made me feel sad. Shouldn’t it be me? I mean.. I should help him right? But.. everything went so fast and I only realized that it was Yongguk that I actually helped.

But while I was treating his wound, I realized that something was off. I wasn’t that happy. I mean, I wasn’t like before. Like.. whenever I see Yongguk oppa there’s extreme happiness. I feel so jumpy and all. But earlier… he was just like.. someone I know to me. It’s weird.

 

“Ahhh! I’m so energized after eating!” I heard Himchan exclaimed as he pumped his fist in the air. Lime chuckled at him. “Me too.”

“Hyung stop that! It’s embarrassing!” Youngjae hissed at Himchan and looked around to see if there are people nearby. Good thing there’s no one.

“It’s okay. Let’s just pretend that were not with him. Distance yourself from him. Quick!” Daehyun said as he walked away and dragged the clueless Jongup and Zelo with him. Himchan narrowed his eyes at Daehyun. “You punk!”

 Before he could ran to Daehyun’s position to wrestle him down, Yongguk suddenly spoke. “Stop it. The two of you might hurt each other.” He shook his head.

Daehyun grinned as he pointed to Yongguk. “Hear that? Yongguk hyung says to stop.” He said. But that didn’t stop Himchan. He still continued and ran after Daehyun while they were running around in circles, Himchan accidentally bumped to Jinhee. Causing Jinhee to be pushed forward.

But before Jinhee falls down, Yongguk caught her wrist and pulled her up. When he pulled her up, Jinhee’s face was near to his. Their gazes were locked and there was a minute of silence. No one dared to talk between the two of them.

 

JINHEE’S POV

As Yongguk oppa helped me up, I realized that my face was near to his. But the weird thing is.. my heart.. is normally beating. Unlike before that when he’s near it’s like my heart’s gonna jump out of my chest. But now, my face was just a few inches from him and my heart is beating normally. Why? Could it be that I don’t like him anymore? I was looking at his eyes trying to see if there would be any abnormal reactions from my body but there wasn’t any.

Yongguk suddenly looked away as he let go of my wrist. “Ah.. sorry Jinhee… I.. uh.. Himchan apologize to her!” Yongguk exclaimed as he looked away in embarrassment.

“It’s okay. It was my fault.” I uncomfortably shifted away from him as I felt my face redden from embarrassment. I touched my face. Yes. I was blushing. But it was because of embarrassment. Not because of Yongguk oppa. What’s this? Am I sick? I should be jumping around in joy right now. But..

“KIM HIMCHAN!” Yongguk hyung roared.

Himchan pouted as he scooted over to Jinhee. “Mianhe. Are you hurt?” He worriedly asked. I shook my head. “I’m fine really.”

Zelo suddenly walked to us, grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. “I’m taking her home. Aboji must be looking for her. Let’s go Jinhee.” He said as he dragged me away without even looking at them.

 

======================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING/ UPVOTING! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE~! :DDD

AND I'M REALLLLLY SORRY ABOUT LAST TIME. :< AS AN APOLOGY I'M GOING TO UPDATE 3 CHAPTERS TODAY. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT GUYS! ^^