CHAPTER 39: A KISS?

Stupid Love Letter

 

 

======================================================

 

 

 

The bell for dismissal class has rung and even before I could stand up from my seat, Zelo suddenly appeared in front of me with his signature smile. Why does he look so cute whenever he smiles? Argh.

“Can I have my gift now?” He asked as he held his palm out with a happy grin.

I haven’t prepared it yet! “Uh… later. I’ll call you. Let’s meet later. Okay?” I asked with a crooked smile.

Zelo slightly frowned but he still nodded. Disappointment was evident in his face. “Okay. I’ll go now. I’ll just call you. Okay?” I said as I made a call sign with my left hand.. “Take care!” Zelo waved as he smiled. I just nodded to him and walked out of the room.

As soon as Jinhee disappeared from his sight, Zelo exasperatedly sighed as he sat down on a random chair. “I want to know what it is! I can’t wait anymore.”

 

..

 

As Jinhee walked out of the school gates, she went straight to Myeongdong to buy her gift for Zelo. She had already planned everything out while they were having their history class earlier. Myeongdong was really a fantastic place. There were so many stores that offer high quality items for an affordable price which was really favorable for Jinhee. After shopping for almost 2 hours, she went home while carrying several shopping bags in her arms with a satisfied smile. “I hope everything will turn out well.”

 

...

 

Upon arriving home, Jinhee’s father was watching TV and was surprised when he saw his daughter carrying shopping bags. “What’s with that? Did you go on an early grocery shopping?” He asked as he glanced at her bags.

Jinhee shook her head lightly as she went straight to the kitchen and placed the bags on the table. “It’s for Zelo’s birthday.”

Her father’s eyes rounded in surprise as his mouth fell open. “What? It’s my son-in-laws birthday and you’re only preparing now? Are those even enough?” He asked as he went to her and checked the bags again, this time he checked it thoroughly. “These aren’t enough. Cook more!” Her dad barked.

“Just help me cook these and I’ll prepare something that I need upstairs.” Jinhee mumbled as she swiftly exited from the scene and went to her room, leaving all the work to her dad.

Suddenly her phone rang. It was Zelo. A smile formed on her lips as she talked with him. “What? This is your 2nd call already. Didn’t I tell you to wait?” Jinhee asked him. Zelo also called when she was shopping and he was so paranoid about his gift.

“Yes. You said you’d call me but you never called. So.. I thought of calling you instead. Are you ready? Can we meet now?” He asked from the other line.

“No. Not yet. I.. uh.. I’ll just call you.”

“You’ll call me? Promise?” He asked with a hint of suspicion evident in his voice.

Jinhee chuckled. “Yes. I will. Bye.” She said as she ended the call with a satisfied smile and immediately looked around the room for the materials that she need.

 

 

Zelo sighed as he arranged his perfectly arranged hair in the mirror for the nth time.  He’s been waiting for Jinhee’s go signal for him to meet with her for 5 hours. And he already called her twice because Jinhee promised to call him but she didn’t. “I really want to know what her gift is.” He mumbled to himself as he puffed his cheeks. He suddenly remembered what Himchan told him earlier.

 

 

“A kiss?” Zelo turned to Himchan with a serious look.

Himchan nodded brightly. I thought about it for a while. Jinhee kissing me? Nah. I guess not. She won’t even let me hold her hand. So she won’t kiss me either. It’s really impossible. “Eyy, hyung. You’re tricking me again aren’t you? I’m not falling for it anymore.” Zelo said as he shook his head.

Himchan crinkled his nose. Zelo’s really growing up. He’s not easy to deceive anymore. He cleared his throat and turned to his dongsaeng. “It’s possible. She’s your girlfriend and it’s your birthday. That would be the best gift right? Right?”

 

And even if Zelo denied the fact that there was 0.01 % of chance that Jinhee would kiss him because Jinhee normally isn’t like that, the thought of Jinhee kissing him filled up his mind. And made him feel very happy. That’s why he was so agitated to know what her gift was. Because he was hoping that his beloved Jinhee would kiss him. A kiss on the cheek would be more than enough. But a kiss on the lips? It would be extremely perfect. Zelo thought as he dreamily hummed a happy tune inside his head while imagining that Jinhee would really kiss him.

 

======================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDDDD