CHAPTER 4: THE 'BRILLIANT PLAN'

Stupid Love Letter

 

=============================================================================

 

 

“Did you do what I asked you to do last night?” Lime asked with a pout while giving me a bewildered look.

I nodded. “I did. I stay up late just to do it." I shot her a look. "Just what are you planning?” 

Last night, she asked me to write a love letter to Bang Yongguk. When I asked her why, she said it’ll make me feel better. Like..some stress reliever. So, I did.

Lime held out her hand to me. She wants to see the letter.

I opened my backpack and slowly picked up the letter. I clutched it carefully in my hands and gave her a look. It’s really weird that she’s asking me to do things like this.

She just shrugged and grabbed the letter from me. “Wow. Even the stationary you used is cute. You made too much effort.” She teased.

“I guess..I was a little carried away.” I mumbled shyly. She smiled then, she started to read it.

After a few minutes,

“Waaah~ Jinhee-ah! It’s really good!” She hugged me.

I just bit my lip to hide my embarrassment.

I struggled to get out from her hug. “Now that you’ve read it, give it to me.” I said as I held out my hand to her.

“No.” she replied as she shook her head.

I frowned. “Why?”I asked with a questioning look.

“You’re clumsy. You might drop this anywhere.” She said with a smile.

“Where are you going to place it? Let me put it in the garbage can.” I offered as I tried to snatch the letter from her. But she quickly dodged me.

“Hyelim-ah!” I wailed as I tried my best to snatch it. Her advantage is just she has longer arms and she’s taller. Aish.

 

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

 

Lime instantly grinned upon hearing the bell. “You heard that? That’s the bell for class! We’ll be late! Bye!” she said as she dashed away.

My letter... I can trust her right? I convinced myself as I sighed and shook my head.

 

....

 

Sorry Jinhee. I just want to help you. After this, you’ll be able to smile again and you’ll surely thank me. Lime thought as she placed the letter in her pocket carefully.

 

…….

 

At the classroom,

 

I was solving the hardest mathematical problems I’ve encountered in my whole life. This was supposed to be done by partners. I looked around, everyone’s helping each other in pairs. I guess I’m just unlucky. Just why did I have to be partnered up with Junhong?!

I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes, he’s still asleep. I sighed. I guess we’ll both fail this activity.

“15 more minutes!” Our math teacher exclaimed.

Everyone in the classroom complained. 15 minutes?! The questions were so damn hard. She’s just giving us 15 minutes? And the test was up to 50. I’m still stuck on number 27. Great.

Then Junhong suddenly woke up. Maybe it’s because of the noise. He looked around. He noticed that everyone’s working in pairs. Then he looked at me. His stare was kinda creepy. It sent shivers down my spine. I quickly looked away and tried to focus on our activity sheet.

His gaze turned to the activity sheet. Then, he suddenly pulled the paper and grabbed my pen. He started solving the rest of the problems without asking for my help. He even finished it before the given time is over. When he’s done, he passed the paper and pen to me and went back to sleeping.

Shouldn’t I be thanking him? He just saved us from failing this activity. “T-thank you.” I mumbled quietly. He didn’t answer.

I guess its okay this way. I don’t really know how I should communicate with him too, so..this is better than having awkward moments with him.

*Just what is my Yongguk doing right now?* I dreamily thought as I started fantasizing about him.

 

 

After class, Lime ran up to me.

I searched for her eyes. “Did you throw away the letter carefully?” I asked desperately.

She breathed deeply and put her hands on my shoulders. “Don’t be mad.” She mumbled silently as she tried to avoid eye contact with me.

She’s only being like this whenever she screws up. Did anyone read my letter? Maybe she dropped it. “What happened? Did someone read my letter?” I freaked out nervously. What if it becomes a hot topic here in the campus? I won’t be able to show my face at school!

She bit her lip. “No one did.”

I heaved out a sigh. That’s good to hear. I thought Bang Yongguk will know about my feelings for him. It’d be really embarrassing if he knew I wouldn’t be able to watch him from afar if that’ll happen too.

“No one but Bang Yongguk.” She muttered as she pouted cutely.

My eyes widened. HE..READ MY LETTER FOR HIM?!

“HOW?! DID HE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT? DOES HE HATE ME? WHAT IF---“

She bit her lower lip. “I put it inside his locker.” She beamed happily.

I gaped at her. Best friends are supposed to be helping each other…but this best friend in front of me here..is slowly torturing me. What did I do wrong?

“AISH! Why did you do that?! Are you nuts?” I exclaimed as I was fuming in anger while shaking her.

She stopped me from shaking her. “Shouldn’t you hurry? He’s waiting at the flagpole right?” She reminded me.

Oh right! I wrote there that I’ll be waiting at the flagpole. I immediately ran after I thought about it. When I’ve run at least 2 meters away from Lime, I ran back to her.

She rolled her eyes on me. “What’s wrong?!” She hissed.

“On second thought, I’m not prepared! I don’t even have a clip or even foundation and some gloss! And my hair’s in a mess!” I exclaimed while freaking out.

She cupped my face to stop me from freaking out. “You’re already beautiful.” She smiled.

I bit my lip in confusion. Should I go? “Just why did you do this?!”

“I wanted to help. You like him so much right? Just tell it to him. He’s answer is not that important. What’s important is you managed to tell him how you felt for him.” She said with sincerity while she curled up a few strands of my hair at the back of my ear.

Maybe she’s right. It’s like do or die. I nodded at her. “Thanks.” I mumbled as I ran towards the flagpole.

 

……

 

ZELO’S POV

 

The moment I opened my locker, I found a pink envelope with a heart sticker. I flipped the letter. There’s no name. But this should be for me since it’s in my locker right?

 

============================================================================