CHAPTER 42: LYING

Stupid Love Letter

 

========================================================================

 

 

 

 

Jinhee sighed for the nth time as she placed her palm under her chin and rested her elbow on the table. *How do I tell him about the letter?* She thought as she blew on her bangs.

Yes. Jinhee would admit that at first, he found Zelo a total pest. A life ruiner. He’s like someone who’s born to annoy her with his innocence and such.

But as time goes by, without further notice, the irritation she felt for him slowly turned into love. He heartily smiled whenever she frowned at him. He’s incredibly sweet. And he’s really .. one in a million. One of a kind.

And because of that she doesn’t want Zelo to know about that stupid letter. She didn’t want him to know that the letter that brought him to her, the letter that he treasured so much wasn’t really for him. And that it was for his precious hyung, Bang Yongguk.

She didn’t want him to be disappointed. She didn’t want him to be sad. A sad face of Junhong would be really heartbreaking. She only got to see that face of his when she suddenly brought up his parents. And Jinhee doesn’t want to see that face again. Ever.  

I don’t want to hurt him. But I should tell him. But if I will tell him, I’ll surely hurt him. What the hell?! Jinhee thought in exasperation as she ruffled her hair.

How do I tell him without hurting him?! Come on brain. Think a little. She thought as she lightly banged her head on the table.

“What’s that? Head banging? On the table?” Her father asked as she went inside the kitchen. Jinhee made a face at him. “I’m testing if the table’s quality is still good.”

Her father grinned. “Test the walls too.”

She pouted as her lips twitched to the side. Her father just continued cooking and adjusted the fire on the stove.

What if I ask dad what to do? Jinhee thought as she her lips, preparing her long speech.

“Appa..”

“Hmm?” Her father asked without turning back to her. He was busy stirring the soup.

“I.. have this friend… and she uh.. she lied to an important person to her. But she has to tell him the lie. But that person  will definitely get hurt. Does she still have to say it?” I asked him nervously.

“Maybe. What was that thing that your friend lied about?” He asked me.

“I don’t know.” I lied. “So what do you think Appa? Does she have to tell him?” I asked him, agitated to know his answer.

“I think yes. You have to tell Zelo that you lied to him about something.” My father said as he turned to me with a smile.

“Okay I will… Hey! It was my friend! It’s not me for real! It was my friend!” I denied as I frowned.

My father just shook his head. “Whatever you say.”

 

….

 

The next day,

I waited for Zelo in front of our house while tapping my foot. This is the day that I’ll tell him. But why’s he so late? I thought as I looked around.

“Jinhee!” Zelo called as he ran to me.

A smile appeared in my lips as I saw him. But at the same time, my nervous feeling was there. *No matter what I have to tell him.*

*Here it goes.* Jinhee thought as she breathed deeply. “Zelo, I have something to say---“

I suddenly stopped when I saw the frown on his face. *Nooooo. Why is he on bad mood today?* I thought as I bit my lip. “What happened to you?” I asked him.

He turned to me with a pout. “I argued with a friend. A neighbor to be exact. He lied to me. So we fought.”

*Lied?* I gulped. “He lied to you?” I asked to confirm.

“Yes! He lied to me. He told me he didn’t borrow my skateboard but he did! It was on his room.”

“But that’s only a small things. Atleast you saw your skateboard right?” I asked him.

Zelo frowned deeply. Oh right his skateboard was like a precious treasure to him. “A lie is still a lie no matter how big or small it is.” he explained.

I felt an arrow being shot onto me. “You hate liars?”

“I do!” He nodded.

*So you hate me then?* I bit my lip. “Even if it’s me who lied?” I asked him.

His furrowed brows slowly straightened down as he turned to me with a smile while he patted my head. “Of course not.”

I immediately smiled. *So he won’t despise me then?*

“I won’t ever hate you because I know you will never lie to me. Because you love me. Right?” He grinned as he pinched my cheeks.

I just tried to laugh. *I’m really doomed.* 

“So what was it that you were saying earlier?” He asked as he slipped his hand into mine.

I my lips. “I.. forgot.”

He just smiled as he ruffled my hair. “Just tell it to me when you remember it.” He said as he started to walk and pull me by my arm. And we travelled to school hand in hand.

I looked at Zelo. He smiled at me. *No matter what happens, I won't let you know about that stupid letter. This may be the most selfish decision I have ever made. But I think it's for the best. This way, things will be the same and no one will be hurt. It's the right decision. Right?* I thought as I smiled at him.

 

 

=======================================================================

 

THANK YOU FOR READING/ COMMENTING/ SUBSCRIBING~! <333 GODBLESS EVERYONE! :DDDDD