Are you human too parody pt 8

Moments with Her

[Disaster mode: activate? Yes/No]

SinB blinked, if it were a literal disaster situation, her system should have taken over in an instant, her disaster mode was automatic. Yet, it was giving her an option. Was it based off mental stress? Could she even stress?

Selecting no, SinB looked Eunbi in the eyes as she beckoned her to get out of the car. Gently moving Yerin off her lap and getting out of the car, she was stopped by Yerin's shaky hand, she didn't want SinB to go.

"Please."

"I have to talk with her."

"Don't leave me alone."

"I promise, I'll stand close to the car."

Patting Yerin's hair soothingly, SinB removed Yerin's hand before closing the car door behind her, the silent click of the lock inaudible to human ears. Taking two steps from the car, SinB stood in front of Eunbi, but still within arm’s reach of the car.

"Hello Eunbi."

"I told you not to call me like that."

"Eunbi ssi."

"Do you know what you are?"

"Of course, a robot of the best technology, out of the best material."

"Exactly, you're just a robot. You remember the purpose my mother made you for correct?"

SinB stared at Eunbi with a cool gaze, emotionless as Eunbi expected.

"You're my ing replacement you hear me?"

"Expletives are not nice words. What is your point?"

"You are nothing, your existence was temporary, you have no right to ruin my life by taking my place."

"I am not you."

"Of course not, you're just a robot. Everything that was mine is mine. Anything that's yours is mine as well, since, you were built to be me, a temporary replacement."

SinB could faintly hear Yerin's breathing, it was upset. She knew she would be upset, after all, Yerin was the one to tell her that she was herself, an individual different from Eunbi.

"That's not true."

"It is."

"I am different from you; I am my own."

"But you're not your own person. Because your job is over, and I want you gone."

"You don't have the right to decide that."

Eunbi scoffed, running her hand through her hair angrily.

"Then, if I told you mother wanted you gone as well?"

SinB stopped, her logic system was frozen for some reason. Blinking slowly as she ran diagnostics on her failed comprehension systems, her hands came up to hold her head in a very human manner of confusion.

"She could not want me gone, she built me. She gave me life."

"She didn't fix you when you fell into the ocean."

That was true, without even touching Eunbi she knew it was true. It was her father who had fixed her, her mother hadn't taken any part on the excuse that Eunbi was waking up soon and she needed to be there.

"She didn't want you."

Walking back towards the school, Eunbi stumbled as her heartrate seemed to drop, SinB immediately surged forwards, intending to catch her if she fell, but Eunbi pushed her away. Sowon finally made it to Eunbi, scooping her up in her arms. Turning back to SinB, Sowon had an apologetic look, but Eunbi was her priority.

"You two should go back to class."

SinB nodded, unlocking the car and helping Yerin out of the car. They watched as Sowon placed Eunbi into the car with care, driving off to get her some treatment.

Yerin hugged SinB tightly as the robot continued to stare after the car.

"Yerin unnie, do you want to go back to class?"

"Anywhere is fine as long as you're with me."

"Then can we go to your house?"

"Why?"

"I need to reset."

Yerin gave SinB a funny look.

"My logic processor isn't responding; comprehension is stuck but still functioning."

Yerin frowned but held SinB's hand as they walked towards the Jung residence.

As Yerin waited for SinB to finish rebooting, she stared at the girl on her bed, SinB had insisted that she could have reset on the floor, but at Yerin’s behest, she got on the bed. Her thoughts wandered back to the conversation SinB had with Eunbi.

Eunbi considered SinB as an object, a temporary representation of herself that was to disappear the moment she had returned. Not only that, she believed that everything that SinB had, everything she did, thus belonged to her as well, since SinB was being her. But it wasn’t right. SinB was SinB, Eunbi was Eunbi. Even if SinB went to school as Eunbi for some time, she was still SinB.

Her phone pinged a message, Yerin scanned it quickly before tucking it back in her pocket. It was from Sowon and asking her where SinB was. Deciding not to respond to it nor telling her that SinB was only unreachable because of her reset, Yerin sat against the side of her bed, knees tucked to her chest in ball.

She didn’t belong to anyone, but her heart belonged to SinB. If Eunbi thought that she belonged to her, and wanted to torture her, this was bad news. The bolt in her ribs throbbed as her memories ran through her mind. Ever since SinB had exposed the crime that happened to Eunbi and herself back at the warehouse, her memories hadn’t plagued her dreams, she hadn’t felt the phantom pains since either. Hugging herself tighter as her tears leaked from her tightly shut eyes, Yerin sobbed silently, out of fear, and out of pain.

Feeling arms wrap around her, Yerin released her arms enough just to hold SinB’s arm. SinB silently petted her hair, her cheek pressed against Yerin’s head.

“It’s a rule to hug someone when they’re crying.”

Yerin just cried openly against SinB.

Yerin hesitated on the front steps as they walked up to the hideout. Sowon had asked SinB to come, to see her mother, to see Eunbi’s condition, to plan for how they were going to handle her going to school. Eunbi was in there, Yerin wasn’t sure she wanted to see the younger girl, but she didn’t want SinB going in alone.

“SinB ah.”

SinB turned away from Yerin at the familiar call of her mother’s voice.

“Mother.”

She stayed still; her hand tightly grasped in Yerin’s. They stared at each other for a while, Yerin shifted uncomfortably behind SinB. There was a possibility that SinB’s mother hated her, for taking away her creation, for changing her from what SinB was made for. True to Yerin’s thoughts, SinB’s mother ignored her and beckoned for SinB to come in. SinB quickly turned back to Yerin, settling her hands on Yerin’s shoulders, she looked her in the eyes.

“Don’t worry, I’m here.”

Yerin nodded timidly, a dominant and protective SinB was nice. Receiving a kiss on the forehead before relinking their hands, Yerin followed SinB in.

“Eunbi is still recovering from her coma, she wasn’t ready to go out.”

SinB looked down on the bed, Eunbi was once more, hooked to an IV and heartrate monitor, the oxygen mask over her nose and mouth. Visually, she appeared fine. SinB reached to touch SinB’s hand, getting her biometric data through the sensors in her hand.

“She just needs rest and timely medication.”

“I figured as much.”

SinB turned to her mother, a silent question in the air. She couldn’t bring herself to say it for some reason. She could see them, the words scrolled across her eyes as if her voice box was struggling to comprehend why she needed to say it. Blinking away the words, SinB turned to leave with Yerin who had noticed the oddity. Tugging on SinB’s arm, Yerin bit her lip as she gathered whatever courage she had in her left in order to say it for SinB. Looking SinB’s mother dead in the eyes, she said it as calmly as she could, no shaky voice, no shaky hands, demanding.

“Did you not miss SinB at all?”

SinB stared at Yerin, it was as if she were glowing. Blinking and checking the reflective light levels, Yerin was not glowing, not literally. But her log recorded her as “glowing”. Her hand came up to caress Yerin’s cheek, ignoring her mother who watched with a surprised look, but quickly recovered. Yerin made sure to think on it later, her attention ripped away by the look in SinB’s eyes. They seemed to sparkle with wonder, curiosity.

“SinB?”

“Yerin unnie, you’re glowing.”

Yerin blushed, it warmed her heart that she had guessed the correct silent question, but she hadn’t expected SinB to be expressive about it, in fact, she had been almost certain SinB wasn’t able to express anything like she was.

“Ahem.”

SinB moved back, looking at her mother.

“I didn’t make this.”

“What are you talking about?”

This confused SinB greatly, her records still retained the fact that her mother was registered under the title: creator.

“What I made, was just a replacement for Eunbi, you are not something I made.”

This was an unexpected turn, was she disowning SinB? Was she recognizing that SinB had grown to learn things and was upset that SinB was straying from what she was built and intended for? Yerin looked to Sowon who was looking at Eunbi with widened eyes, looking at the sickly girl, she noticed that Eunbi was awake. She was watching calmly and silently. Did her mother know that she was being watched? Was that why she was say that to SinB?

Yerin pulled on SinB’s arm, leading the way out of the house as SinB stumbled, something that was impossible for such high-tech programming. Supporting her until her footing had recalibrated the gyro, Yerin was worried SinB was breaking. By developing emotions, ones that were unable to be contained by the logic of programming, was SinB self-destructing?

They reached a coffee shop several blocks away and sat down. Yerin ordered a coffee to sooth her growing headache, SinB stared blankly at the table before her.

“Are you okay SinB?”

“I’m fine.”

Yerin held SinB’s hand, a cute pout appearing as SinB finally looked up. Pretending to be SinB, Yerin put an emotionless face.

“You’re lying.”

And broke into a grin as SinB stared.

“You have a lie detector?”

“Silly, I was pretending to be you.”

SinB’s hand gently slid out of Yerin’s grip, her fingers traveling along Yerin’s skin as she shifted to hold Yerin’s hand in a different way, her thumb rubbing the back of Yerin’s hand gently. She gave a small smile.

“I’m fine, I ran a diagnostic and it returned no failures. The gyro didn’t need recalibration.”

“But you stumbled.”

“I don’t know how that happened; it seems as though these days a lot more what you call ‘random’ things happen.”

Yerin listened carefully as SinB began to describe how in her log, it seemed as though her chest was hollow even though it was filled of electronics, how it seemed as though she should have been crying but couldn’t.

“What is this Yerin unnie?”

SinB’s hand gripped into her shirt, over her chest. Yerin stared in shock as tears brimmed at the edges of SinB’s eyes, she stared even when those pain filled eyes looked up at her. Her breath disappeared as their eyes met, she moved automatically. She moved to the seat next to SinB, hugging her tightly and rubbing her back, pushing SinB’s face into her shoulder. SinB’s hands gripped into the back of Yerin’s jacket.

“That, was sadness.”

“Sadness?”

“You’re crying, and like you said, it’s a rule to hug someone when they’re crying.”

“I’m…crying?”

SinB let go of Yerin, sitting back a little as she looked Yerin over. She touched her own face, feeling the wetness on her cheeks, she pulled her fingers away to see them wet.

“You do have emotions SinB ah.”

SinB’s arms quickly wrapped around Yerin’s neck as she leaned into a kiss, Yerin easily accepting her, her hands around SinB’s waist. They were feeling each other, as if they had never felt each other before. Hands wandering, lips moving against each other, Yerin panted as SinB pulled back to let her breathe.

“You’re going to have to explain to me why I became sad.”

“You don’t understand it still?”

“No, the only thing I know and understand, is that I have something to say to you.”

“To me?”

SinB pecked Yerin gently on the lips before leaning her forehead to Yerin’s.

“I love you.”

Yerin teared up as she smiled.

“Silly, do you even know what that means?”

Kissing softly, Yerin looked SinB in the eyes.

"I love you too."

================

wieeeee the first time in this parody that one of them says those three words! Outloud!

(no, Yerin only said "I like you a lot!" before :D kind of like, she's unable to put her true emotions to a robot, but now that's a different story, since SinB has gained emotions)

(the only other time love was used between them, was SinB referenced them to being lovers, but it was never said outloud to each other)