in front of her camera (SinB side)

Moments with Her

The first time they met, SinB hadn't expected anything. This was a routine as an idol, sell an album, break your wrist signing albums to show your appreciation. It wasn't that SinB had a huge ego, but she wasn't exactly having a good day. Having woke up at 4am this morning, she had gone out for getting ready at the hair salon to get ready for her prerecording for the music shows.

Now that it was time for her fansign, later in the afternoon on the border of nighttime, she was dead tired, but still did her best to smile. If it was any other day, she would be extremely happy to see her fans, but having to go back to the studio for the live stage after this, she was anything but excited.

"Please move on."

Giving her manager a slight thankful smile, SinB looked up to her next fan as the last one had rambled on and on about how bad his day was and usually she'd be sympathetic and tell him to cheer up but, today, she couldn't help another  when she needed her own energy the most.t

This girl didn't say anything when she walked up, perhaps it was her first time coming. Well, new fans were always great for SinB, it meant that her popularity was growing.

"Your name?"

"....Ah! It's Yerin."

"It seems to be the first time I've seen you. Are you an unnie?"

The way she was dressed appeared to be more like a working adult, having started her idol career young, she had already seen many styles of clothing, her guesses were usually spot on.

"Yes, ah..."

"You don't have to be so nervous, thoguh I think you're quite cute like that."

It was true, Yerin had a cute face, a withdrawn personality, and well, she wasn't as overbearing as her other fans. SinB waited for her to spill anything, maybe chuck a bunch of praise and love towards her and be extra excited to see her for the first time. Instead, this Yerin, gave her space. Intentional or not, SinB appreciated the silence while it lasted, signing her name on a picture she had found herself looking rather spicy.

"I hope we see each other more often."

This was a line that the company taught her to say, it's a marketing plan. If the fans feel an individual connection to their idol, they feel special, which isn't a bad thing usually, and it usually would secure them as her lifelong fans.

"Y-yes!"

SinB watched as Yerin scurried back to her seat, she hadn't learned anything about the older girl, and yet, she was already promising to come see her again? Even if some people say it just to say, SinB hadn't expected to hear the earnestness in her response. Maybe she could remember her and see if she really kept her promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their next meeting had SinB going through the ups and downs. When her next mini album dropped, SinB had looked at her new albums, ready for shipping, with the thought of her last fansign fresh in her mind. Would that unnie keep her promise? She waited with slight anticipation she didn't know she could feel again every fansign. Each fansign hadn't yielded that timid unnie who didn't know what to talk about. Pouting as she sat in the back of her last fansign for this mini album, SinB tapped her fingers on the desk.

"If she doesn't show up today, I'll just forget her like all the other fans."

"SinB, forgetting your fans are the worst thing you could do to them, they are what makes you after all."

SinB grumbled and nodded.

"I didn't mean it that way oppa, I was just...never mind."

She couldn't get herself into anymore trouble just thinking of that pretty unnie. SinB blinked, over time, even though they had only met once, why was Yerin at the forefront of her thoughts? Especially the way she described her. In the beginning, when she was thinking about Yerin, she was just that random fan unnie who had failed to think of something to say to her. In fact, she hadn't even said thank you. Then, somehow, at some point, SinB had began to think more seriously about her and her features.

"Stupid, you don't even know her, and she might not show up. Love at first sight doesn't exist."

Tossing her hair over her shoulder, SinB stood up in her heels. Time to sign until her wrist started to hurt again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin had really showed up. It was the very last one. But Yerin had made it. SinB looked up when she had heard the shy 'hello'.

"Ah, hello Yerin unnie."

That seemed to fluster her, her cheeks colored an adorable pink and SinB quickly looked down.

"Did you come up with anything to talk about today?"

"Ah, SinB....ssi."

"Just call me familiarly, unnie."

Yerin had nodded quickly as SinB took her time finding a page she liked.

"H-how was your day?"

"Hm? well, tomorrow is the last stage, but you don't go to those do you?"

"Ah....I have work."

SinB smiled and handed the album back to Yerin.

"It's okay, at least we meet like this."

"Y-yeah."

"Next."

SinB waved a slight goodbye and Yerin quickly returned the wave. How cute, she really was working hard in society. Since Yerin wasn't able to go to her prerecordings or her live stages, that would mean that Yerin worked a standard 8 hour shift, if not more, nowadays, people worked even more as the stress levels and their quality had to increase.

Distracted, the rest of her fansign was a blurr besides the time she was allowed free time to talk to the fans. Then, she took a good look at her fans as she danced around behind her table, randomly grooving along to her own song. It was kind of a slight break she took before saying her goodbye message. Spotting Yerin still hugging her album in her seat near the back, SinB smiled.

"I had fun. Lots of it. How about you guys?"

SinB maintained eye contact with Yerin as she had asked, the sound of the other fan's cheers slightly muffled as Yerin just sat still. She didn't cheer, perhaps entranced by the eye contact. Grinning and posing for some more photos from her fansites,  SinB made sure to not make it so obvious she was favoring a certain someone over everyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB lay on her bed after washing up, it was roughly 2 am when she had finished drying her hair and flopped onto her mattress. Relaxing and reflecting on her day, SinB didn't realize it yet, but she had a small smile on her lips as she remembered Yerin.

"She really came."

She giggled a little uncharacteristically to the image that she had as a cool idol.

"She really really came."

Yerin hadn't broken her promise, even if she hadn't exactly said it was a promise. Suddenly, SinB felt like someone had dumped a bucket of water over her head when she realised she hadn't asked Yerin to come next time. What if that was the last time Yerin was going to come? Yerin was a hard working lady, for her to come see SinB everytime would take a toll. Resigning herself a little, SinB closed her eyes to sleep. If Yerin came again, she'd have to ask her to come, even if it was a bit selfish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luckily for SinB, Yerin had managed to make a decision to make extra money by becoming her fansite. It hadn't bothered SinB, since, she already had so many more. The thing she was worried about, was whether Yerin would get enough views when there were precisely so many fansites for her one solo self. Patting her cheeks before going up to the stage where her table was set up at, she looked around. Would Yerin be here today? Or will she come another time?

During a whole year, SinB could only sell so many different albums and hold so many activities. Even if she were to count, she could definitely count them all on one hand. It saddened her that she would only see Yerin this many times, it wasn't often she was so taken by another's appearance and personality. SinB winced as she handed the album back to her fan in front of her, quit thinking on the job. Focus in front of you.

"Hey unnie."

How great, it was Yerin's turn already this time. Last time, Yerin had come on the first fansign, and SinB had waited every fansign after to see if she would come again. This time, it was the third fansign, and she needed to know how often would Yerin come.

"Unnie, you're working hard everyday right?"

"Y-yes."

"It must be hard to come here."

"Y-n-it's alright SinB."

"Are you only going to come once per album?"

Yerin scratched her cheek, feeling apologetic.

"I-I can only afford once."

"I see. I'll see you next album then."

"Y-yes."

SinB might not have noticed it, but she had a tone that didn't agree with most people when she wasn't focusing. Times like this, her manager would notice that she had come off sounding a bit colder than necessary and would reprimand her later. SinB couldn't help it half the time, it only happened when she was disappointed after all. SinB did however, catch Yerin's saddened expression when she was saying her goodbyes. As an apology, she made sure to wink at Yerin's camera.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB bit her lower lip a little as she waited for the next person to come up the steps to talk to her, it was nearing the end of the year and most likely her last album for the year as well. She had noticed that Yerin was here with her bulky camera as usual, well as usual as a once an album occurance that is. Oddly, Yerin seemed a little out of it today, or she was truly staring at the girl in the seat before her.

Feeling slightly irritated, she had handled the next few fans just a little rougher than usual. They didn't mind, and well, SinB knew that some of her fans wouldn't mind having her step on them, as weird it might be it's a that belongs to a person, you shouldn't shame them, so, SinB really just removed it from her mind completely.

"Hey unnie."

"Hello, SinB, how was your day?"

"Hm? I guess it's alright, seeing you guys make it better. And how many times do I have to answer the same question?"

Yerin blushed and stammered a reply. SinB felt a little irked that she could be so adorable yet so deceiving at the same time.

"S-sorry, I'm not good at conversations."

"It's alright, though mind telling me why you were looking at the girl in the seat in front of you so intensely?"

"Huh? I-"

Yerin was tapped on her shoulder to take her album and move on. SinB bit the inside of her cheek and smiled at the next person. Curses, how could she have let jealous take over at the end? SinB sighed a little in between fans. She needed a coffee to wake herself up.

After packing up the fansign, SinB waited in her van for her manager. When he did arrive, she immediately kicked the back of his seat.

"Oppa, I need a coffee just go to a nearby one."

"I'll just go to the first one I see on the road then. What do you want to drink?"

"I'll go and get it myself."

"Be careful."

SinB had already put on her low cap and long padding coat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB wandered into the coffee shop, it was small and quaint, but it had the nice rich smell of coffe despite it being quite late in the night. Spotting someone deliberating over what to order, she made sure to not cut in line by asking to make sure.

"Are you in line?"

Receiving a shake of the head, SinB moved forwards, ready to get the first drink off the menu to try to wake herself up. Thinking about it, the person behind her was very familiar. Turning around, SinB's eyes widened only for a second as she recognized who it was. Especially when she heard her voice.

"I knew I recognized that build."

"S-s-?!!"

SinB slapped her hand on Yerin's mouth quickly, even if this was a small establishment and there weren't that many people here, she didn't need a random call of shock to reveal who she was to everyone around. Just to make sure of her own safety, SinB didn't let go until she asked another question.

"You aren't stalking me are you?"

When Yerin shook her head vigorously, SinB relaxed and lowered her guard.

"Something about your timid aura makes me believe you."

After that, SinB had managed to fool Yerin into ordering a drink (she had felt guilty that she had let jealousy possible harm Yerin) and SinB paid for it, she also, invited Yerin to the year end mini concert. Smirking as Yerin was left dumbfounded at her actions, she had left the coffee shop, already refreshed without the caffeine in her system.

"Hm? So what'd you get SinB?"

"Oppa, you can have this drink, I don't need it anymore."

She dumped the black coffee into the cupholder in the front and leaned back in her seat, her smirk still present. Yerin's reactions really stirred her emotions up.

"Ugh! Do you not have any sweetness in your life?! This doesn't even have any creamer!"

"Shut up and drive."

Her manager sighed but SinB was in high spirits, of all coincedences, that coffee shop was her lucky coffee shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB's stage was to be paired with another idol, who went by the name of Joy, their practices had been amiable and SinB didn't mind the older girl. She had the looks and the talent, it was no wonder she was an idol, not to sell herself short of course, but it was just a little out of style for her usual charismatic stages.

Going out and doing her best in front of everyone at this concert was as exhilerating as the last stage she did, the feeling of being cheered on would never get old on her. As she danced around the stage with Joy, she tried to look into the dark areas where the fans sat, she inwardly cursed how some light sticks were so bright you couldn't see the next person, and some light sticks were so dim you also couldn't see the owner. Spotting Yerin and her usual camera pretty far in the back. Why was she so far back? SinB frowned just a little and then refocused on the stage. It wasn't Yerin's fault to not buy a more expensive ticket, it wasn't her fault the ticketing was sold out. Calm down SinB.

When she had gone up to the main stage with the rest of the performers, SinB knew that there weren't as many cameras focused on her alone. Looking back to where Yerin was sat, she saw that Yerin had having trouble finding her, or maybe she was distracted by other's beauty. The thought angered SinB a little and when Yerin finally focused on her and jumped slightly at the hot glare SinB was sending her. Making a gesture with her fingers, she warned Yerin. It was a streak she had, she couldn't help it. What's hers, is hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB didn't get to talk to Yerin until it was already the next year, since she had pushed out a new album, Yerin had to come to her fansigns. The last few weeks of mulling over why she decided to actually warn Yerin with that 'I'm watching you' gesture was really messing up her thoughts. Was she allowed to pick Yerin? Was Yerin even allowed to be picked? Either way, she had already done something irreversible, giving her heart away to a girl she had only met a few times over the course of a year.

Keeping her whines to herself as she rushed through her fans, she knew she had to do something otherwise her inner voice would never shut up about being stupid. She hadn't realized that her concentration had caused her eyes to harden and her voice to cool. The silence was chilly but SinB still needed to do what she needed to do. Scribbling a note and slipping it into Yerin's album, she finally looked up at Yerin.

"Read it."

The message read to meet at the coffee shop that Yerin had coincedentally run into her at for the first time out of work. This was their second time, SinB was a woman on a mission. And it wasn't allowed to fail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slightly storming into the coffee shop after the fansign, SinB looked around the small coffee shop, there weren't too many seats to hide from her. Finding that Yerin had actually been quite considerate in picking a hidden cubby far from the regular customer's view, SinB mildly cursed herself for not being as thoughtful as Yerin was towards her.

"Hey."

"H-hello."

"You're my fansite, aren't you?"

This was it, her jealousy was already taking the wheel.

"H-huh? Yes, I am."

Look at that stutter and nervous look in her eyes, how could any fan look so innocently at her. Never once had Yerin looked at her for her body or with lecherous eyes like some. SinB began to feel slightly hot under the collar, still seh needed to keep her emotions in check.

"Sorry, I'm a little posessive towards the things I like."

Oops, she said it. How was Yerin's response? She didn't seem to catch SinB's intention as she had responded naturally.

"T-that's totally normal, I understand."

SinB frowned a little, just a little in frustration. How could she make Yerin understand? What was one thing she could do to make her understand at once? An idea popped in her head and she had to act now before her manager came in to look for her.

"You don't quite understand at all. Lean closer."

Yerin obeyed, leaning across the table a little.

"Closer."

When she was close enough, SinB quickly kissed her cheek. Smiling smugly at Yerin's look of astonishment, SinB was feeling the high of the success of getting Yerin to understand. Spotting the lipstick stain on Yerin's cheek, SinB grinned some more, Yerin might not understand her now, but when she saw herself in the mirror, she'd understand.

"I told you, I'm possessive over the things I like. See you around, Yerin unnie."

SinB slipped a note paper into Yerin's pocket, it contained her phone number and messenger id. There was only way to make sure that Yerin was hers. And that was to take the first step. SinB her lips a little in anticipation. From the way Yerin had acted, the way she appeared before SinB, SinB was already certain that she wasn't if not completely fallen for her. She was always good at reading people. SinB looked forwards to the next time she could sneak out, maybe she'd be with Yerin that time rather than just alone at night, walking the han river. SinB grinned.

=====================

Sorry it wasn't the dating phase, but really truly, SinB's side of the whole last chapter, this is my new year's present to you guys so I hope you appreciate it even if it wasn't what you expected. It became a little less focused on the 'fansite' aspect but that's because it's Yerin who needed the camera to bring herself to see SinB, to SinB, cameras are no longer a rare thing, it's a matter of perspective :D

Happy new year!