Parody of Are you human too pt 6

Moments with Her

No copyright infringement intended :P as if I could write that great tho

Last Time:

Yerin held the door tightly, not letting her mother enter, she held a staring contest with Eunbi. They were having a silent battle.

“What are you doing Yerin? Why are you looking at your guest like that?”

Yerin was startled, having forgotten that her mother was there. Blinking quickly, she opened the door a little wider, what should she do?

“Well, mom, you just caught me off guard, you do know that people who look similar really hate being compared? I know a set of twins that hate standing next to each other because people would stare.”

Yerin’s mother conceded and headed back downstairs, only sighing with a quick be nice to each other. Immediately turning to Eunbi, Yerin’s gaze changed.

“How did you find this place?”

“I asked Sowon unnie.”

“Asked? I don’t think she would tell you.”

“No, she wouldn’t. So, I checked her gps.”

Yerin gave her an incredulous look, this girl was crazy!

“Ah, I can tell that you’re thinking I’m crazy. I know. Why else would a stoic person like me be so popular at school, even when I brush them off all the time? Well, because of that mistaken popularity, I found out pretty much everything that happened during my time I was replaced.”

Eunbi walked closer, her face dangerously close to Yerin’s in a threatening manner. Her eyes seemed to bore straight into Yerin’s soul. It made Yerin shiver, maybe out of cold, but somewhat out of fear. What did she want?

“You’re still staring, is it that scary to talk with me? I’m hurt.”

Yerin paused, the uncanny similarity of SinB to Eunbi hit her once more. Yerin bit her lip before pulling the door open just a little more, but still blocking the entrance.

“Yerin unnie?”

SinB had gotten up, standing behind Yerin as she saw Eunbi. Yerin quickly turned to her with a pleading look, but SinB wasn’t sure what Yerin wanted of her.

“So, you’re SinB.”

Yerin sighed and walked into her room, allowing Eunbi access. She quietly went to her bed as Eunbi closed the door behind her, looking SinB over in scrutiny. She sent Sowon a message secretly, not knowing what to do.

“Hello, I am the human AI, SinB. Eunbi ah.”

“Don’t address me that way.”

“Eunbi-ssi.”

Eunbi walked a full circle around SinB, her cold gaze making Yerin worried. Then her gaze settled on Yerin, she held back the creeping chill down her back.

“You like this robot?”

“I do.”

“She can’t feel anything.”

Eunbi tapped SinB’s cheek in a rude manner, she pulled on her cheek, the fake skin stretching like the real deal. Yerin held back when she saw SinB looking at her with a nonchalant expression.

“I don’t feel anything, but I know you are angry. Eunbi-ssi, how is mother doing?”

“Don’t call her mother. She is your creator, but not your mother. She’s my mother.”

SinB took a step back, to her, the rule of creator was registered as mother, it was a rule that was there since long before. Blinking as her rules came up in her eyes, she scanned them again.

“No, she is my mother as much as your mother.”

Eunbi’s glare made Yerin sweat, she really didn’t like the hostility that she was showing SinB, but SinB’s hand was making her stop from bursting out and stopping Eunbi’s attacks.

“She’s made of metal.”

“Correction, I’m made of carbon nano-“

“Shut up.”

“You’re not being nice, Eunbi-ssi.”

SinB walked away from Eunbi, standing closer to Yerin. She could detect hostility to a certain degree based on her research, Eunbi’s mental state was nearing a snap based on her angered breathing and stance. Since her priority rule had been overwritten, replacing “mother” with “Jung Yerin”, she needed to stand in between the two of them in case Eunbi, acted out.

“I’m not being nice? Do you even know what nice is?”

SinB’s gaze remained calm as ever, Yerin reached a hand to hold SinB’s, even if the robot wasn’t nervous, she was.

“Nice, is when both parties are in comfortable peace within each other’s spaces. Neither are hostile with each other and pretty words are used.”

“Hah,” Eunbi scoffed. “Pretty words? You’re kidding me.” She paced in her spot as she thought.

“I’ve read up on what happened, I was apparently taken out by a lethal poison. If I knew that my mother was going to replace me with a block of metal, it would’ve been better to remain dead.”

Yerin’s breath stopped, SinB immediately detected it and turned around, only to see Yerin slightly shaking, she took a breath again, calming SinB a little bit.

“I…you’d want to throw away your life your mother worked hard to get back?”

Eunbi looked at Yerin with a dead expression.

“Sorry, I guess I don’t appreciate your act of heroism after all.”

Yerin bit her lip as tears began to build, the incident was nearly a year ago already, the bolt in her ribcage throbbed. She subconsciously held it to try to stem the painful memories.

“Yerin unnie nearly died to save you, you nearly died. You should be thankful.”

“Of life? That was being stolen by you? Mother didn’t miss me; she didn’t need to see me. Because of you.”

SinB blinked, reaching her hand out to touch Eunbi. She blinked as she checked, Eunbi wasn’t lying. It was her true feelings, she truly believed that her mother didn’t want to see her.

“I’m leaving for now. But don’t think I’m going to just let you off. I’ll never understand why you like a bucket of bolts.”

Eunbi turned to leave and SinB immediately turned to Yerin and wrapped her in a hug.

“It’s a rule to hug someone when they cry.”

Eunbi scoffed and slammed Yerin’s room door as she left.

“I was already crying, stupid, you’re late.”

“Sorry, I was worried Eunbi would do something.”

Yerin cracked a small smile through her tears as her hands caressed SinB’s cheeks, her thumb rubbing over the smooth skin.

“I didn’t know you could worry.”

SinB paused, that was true. How could she worry? Why did she word it that way? She was incapable of worrying, but she could read possibilities. Choosing to hide her confusion, she just smiled and petted Yerin’s hair until she calmed down.

Sowon stared down at her coffee, the gears in her head turning. It was inevitable that Eunbi would go back to school and learn that she had apparently not missed any classes. Moreover, she was classmates with Yerin because SinB’s schedule was changed as such, this late into the year, they couldn’t change anything without executive power. Yerin had texted her that Eunbi had gone to see SinB, that it had ended on a rather sour note about Eunbi hating her mother and SinB. Sowon sighed as she let go of her thoughts, leaning back in her seat, uncrossing her arms to relax a little bit.

“Sojung unnie.”

She sat back up immediately. Eunbi slid into the seat across from her, her cool aura instantly putting Sowon on alert.

“What is it Eunbi ah?”

“I went to Yerin’s place.”

“She’s older than you, call her with respect.”

Eunbi gave her a cursory look, Sowon internally reprimanded herself for responding that way, now it appeared to Eunbi that she cared for the human who loved SinB.

“I mean, it’s not nice to be rude to innocent people.”

“You call her innocent? She helped cover up this huge scandal with you.”

“You know everything.”

“Assuming I do, you have to pick your side.”

Sowon remained calm as she watched Eunbi.

“I am your bodyguard, and your bodyguard only.”

Eunbi smiled a little finally.

“Right, I can always count on you.”

Sowon breathed a silent sigh of relief that she didn’t know she was holding. Sipping her coffee, she turned back to Eunbi to find her focus faltering, her eyes rolling weirdly.

“Eunbi?”

Eunbi collapsed into the seat in a faint and Sowon hurriedly picked her up and carried her out to her car.

“SinB! Get me to your mother!”

“Alright.”

The car started on its own, Sowon caring for Eunbi in the backseat as it automatically drove to their hideout. Eunbi must have gone out without taking her medicine. Sowon was for once, thankful that SinB was friends with her smart car.

“What is it SinB ah?”

SinB blinked as she returned her focus to Yerin, they were watching a movie on Yerin’s bed, arms around each other.

“It’s nothing, Sowon unnie needed me to drive her somewhere automatically.”

“Is she alright?”

“The camera in the car can only see in front, I couldn’t tell if there was something wrong.”

Yerin hummed, leaning her head on SinB’s shoulder as the movie continued.

“I hope there’s nothing wrong.”

SinB gave her a smile and kissed her forehead.

“Is your heart racing?”

Yerin blushed and avoided SinB’s gaze, but the wink meant that she already knew the answer. Kissing her softly, Yerin smiled.

“Yea, and you already know that.”

“I read that asking makes it run faster.”

“Cheesy.”

“But it works.”

Yerin giggled and SinB smiled. A phone rang, it was an unrecognizable ringtone to Yerin, so she knew it wasn’t her phone. SinB shuffled a little to reach her phone. Despite being able to connect to Sowon’s car and showing off how she can cheat arcade machines of their money, she still surprisingly used the cellphone like a regular person would, possibly because she was trained to act like one.

“Hello? Mom?”

This caught Yerin’s attention, SinB’s mother hadn’t contacted her since SinB was shot into the ocean. In fact, to Yerin’s knowledge, SinB’s mother didn’t take part in repairing SinB. Only her father.

“You want me to go to school tomorrow?”

What? Yerin looked at SinB, if SinB was going to school, then Eunbi was in trouble. The dots connected for Yerin as she recalled SinB talking about Sowon. Eunbi must have been with Sowon when something happened, and they needed to get away.

“Can I come see you? Mom?”

Yerin watched SinB’s expression, it didn’t change much, but the way her eyes looked to her, it didn’t seem like her mother wanted to let SinB near.

“Alright. I’ll go to school.”

Yerin waited.

“I-…goodbye mother.”

“What did you want to say?”

SinB set down her phone and looked forwards.

“Nothing.”

“Something happened to Eunbi, you need to be her replacement again, but what did you want to say when she cut you off?”

“I…just wanted to say I wanted to see her.”

Hugging her immediately, SinB had to process for one split second as she found herself in Yerin’s warmth.

“What’s wrong? You’re sad.”

“I am sad. I am sad for you.”

“For me?”

Yerin nodded, rubbing her cheek to SinB’s as she patted her hard back.

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

SinB blinked and gave a smile, she reached to take Yerin’s hand, but Yerin dodged it.

“You don’t have to check every time whether I lie or not, I’m being serious. I’m fine, and I’m glad you can’t feel sadness.”

SinB blinked again. Sadness. She couldn’t feel sadness. Something in her whirred and she started to reboot. A crash? SinB felt herself up, trying to find the issue before she had to shut down and restart.

Opening her eyes, SinB sat up, finding herself still on Yerin’s bed. Checking her surroundings, SinB could hear that Yerin was downstairs with her family having dinner. Sending a quick message to tell her that she was fine, she waited patiently as Yerin responded that she’ll be back in a few minutes.

SinB looked at her hands, looking around the room with her small smile in place, SinB stood up to look around it. The bookshelf was filled with journals, new and old along with school required texts. Finding a picture of a young Yerin, SinB briefly thought to her other bodies. This was her adult body, her previous bodies being a child and a teenager as prototypes.

A message from Sowon came in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

why is there a sixth part eh? man, I've been in a writing slump over the last week, dealing with mood swings that usually never happen, then me and some friends spent some time reading each other stories for bedtime, one of which was this parody and I was a little, just a little, curious as to where it could go, what do you think?