come here

Moments with Her

SinB trudged into the dorm, her entire aura was oozing sadness even if her facial expression didn't reveal anything. Even Yerin had to take a second look to see whether it was safe to talk to her or not in case SinB wanted to be alone.

"SinB?"

"Mm?"

Her listless response and only slight movement of her head in her direction pained Yerin. What could have gotten her so sad? Yerin knew that SinB was returning from a home visit, and usually that would mean a little bit of homesickness, but it was never this serious.

"You're sad Eunbi ah, what's wrong?"

SinB seemed to move slowly, her head turning just a bit further towards Yerin before turning away again. her steps brought her closer to the privacy of her room, but the hesitance in each step caused Yerin to wonder if she didn't want to be alone.

"Eunbi ah, come here."

SinB stopped in her little steps, she turned her body robotically and made her way to the couch where Yerin was sat. She had been watching the news while dozing off when SinB had returned. The tv volume was turned down low as background noise as SinB stood in front of Yerin, her eyes downcast but her lips drawn in a tight line.

"What happened baby?"

SinB was frozen for a few seconds, Yerin reached a hesitant hand to touch her, but she was frozen as well when she saw tears escaping SinB's eyes, one, by one, they fell slowly but faster, until the quiver of her upper lip and the automatic turn of her head to look upwards in a way to try to stem the tears and the pain.

"Eunbi? Baby, sit down, come here. Let me comfort you."

SinB slumped down next to Yerin, her jaw locked in place as she still tried to hold in her cries, her hands were clenched in tight fists that Yerin took carefully into her lap, holding them gently as her other hand patted SinB's back.

"Don't hold back okay? Let it out, I won't judge."

Pulling SinB closer to herself, she pushed SinB's face to her shoulder, if she wasn't going to let go, this would only add to her mental stress. By enveloping her in an unyielding force of warmth, and guaranteeing that she wasn't going to look at her crying face, Yerin's tactic of getting SinB to cry outloud was a success as the first sniffle broke into a cracked wail. Yerin calmly patted SinB's back as SinB's hands clenched into the front of her shirt tightly, her whole body was shaking.

"I'm here, you'll be alright Eunbi ah."

Even as SinB's wails became quieter sniffling until it was just shaky breaths, Yerin held tightly to SinB's seemingly small form. She gently kissed SinB's head, her left hand gently rubbing her back as her right hand linked with SinB's.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

SinB grumbled in a way that Yerin could only interpret as most likely not. She gave a small chuckle, just one, before pulling SinB up by the cheeks, squishing them lovingly as she tried to make eye contact that SinB was trying to avoid.

"Hey, do you feel better at least?"

SinB nodded, her cheekss squishing into Yerin's hands cutely as she pouted slightly.

"If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine. But tell me who was involved."

SinB looked down, the way she cried so heartbrokenly could have been her best friend who didn't want to be friends or something, her parents said she was ugly or something, or maybe even a boyfriend who rejected her? No, she knew SinB enough to know it couldn't be just something as loosely connected as friendship or romantic relationships. Something must have happened at home during her visit.

"Sometimes."

Yerin smiled softly as SinB started to talk.

"Sometimes, I feel like, there are only a few sane people in this world."

Rubbing her thumb on the back of SinB's hand, she urged her to continue.

"Of course, that includes you and me, and Sowon unnie and the others. But then, there's someone you know, someone you know you should be able to trust, and they just-"

SinB took a shaky breath, tears were building again and Yerin gently wiped them away.

"What did they do?"

"Maybe I heard them wrong, maybe I'm overstressed and interpreted it wrong, but these are just the thoughts I'm supposed to have, because their family, right?"

"Of course baby, of course."

"But to assume that family always does things in the best interest is ignorance, not every family is perfect and we have to accept that."

"Right."

SinB took another breath.

"I heard my brother whispering to my parents about how I visit home so often I must not be a busy idol."

Yerin's eyes widened. That was a shock, never before had there ever been an incident like this. But if bad days could happen, and there's the saying that if there's a could then it will. Perhaps her parents and her brother were having a bad day, and SinB was already overstressed, either way, she was going to have a very serious discussion with them. After all, the main anchor for an idol against the world is their family.

"They didn't mean it baby."

"Maybe. But then over dinner, they were discussing about how being an idol, an entertainer, is basically selling my body."

"What?"

"I mean I get it, I sell pictures of myself and recordings of my voice, it's not that diff-"

"No!"

SinB bit her lip, trying not to cry at Yerin's response. This was what she should have at home. This was how she wanted to have her family like.

"Being an idol isn't selling your body, it's sharing your passion!"

"Don't harp wisdom on me right now, orI'll cry again."

Still that slight slurring of her words meant that SinB was trying not to smile, or cry, whichever one she wanted to do. Yerin hugged SinB tighter.

"You have me. And I believe in you."

"That's all I really need right?"

"hm?"

"Just one person needs to believe in me, other than me."

"That's right honey."

===============
ahem, demanding a search and rescue mission for a let me see, her name is esra unnie? and she goes by thieeeeeeeeeeeeeee and eswa and she's sad and I repeat, there will be no fluff until she smiles! actually, you think fluff would make her smile faster? hm...