you don't match

Moments with Her

Context: Sarah is SinB's girlfriend, and Yerin thinks they don't match, tbh SinB is getting tired of Sarah's attitude towards her

====================

SinB stared at her phone as the clock hit midnight, the familiar ding of an event she had marked on her calendar reminding her what day it had turned into. Looking around her room, she chuckled darkly in her dimly lit home.

"Damnit Sarah."

Taking a seat on her side of the bed, SinB sighed as the other half of her bed remained untouched, like it had been the last few days. SinB tucked herself in, staring at the ceiling, not feeling sleepy in the slightest. How many times had SinB reminded her? How many times did SinB have to make an effort for their relationship? She closed her eyes, thinking of the moment when Sarah had confessed to her.

"I think I like you Hwang."

"Excuse me?"

"I said, I think I like you, a lot."

The feelings she had experienced then hadn't returned in the last few months, in fact, now that she thought about it, they hadn't kissed on the lips for over a month already. Opening her eyes again, not wanting to relive anymore memories, she stared at the small crack in her window blinds, the street light's glow seeping in just barely. Throwing her arm over her eyes, SinB sighed again.

"Sighing makes you older!"

Now if only that sickeningly sweet voice inside her head could shut up, she had a reunion meeting to go to tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SinB yah, you don't look too hot."

SinB shot Eunha a pointed glare, but softened as Eunha stuck out her tongue.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing much. In fact, today is my three year anniversary."

"Oh! Congratulations!"

Eunha sipped her smoothie quietly before her eyes shot wide.

"WAIT. Why are you here then? Why aren't you with her?"

"Look, you aren't saying her name."

Eunha scoffed and looked away.

"I can't help who I hate and who you love."

"Sorry."

"Don't be."

Eunha sighed and reached a hand over to SinB's, placing her hand over the younger's gently. Looking a few times in order to get SinB to meet her eyes, Eunha smiled softly.

"Eunbi ah, if you have any issues with me talking about her, then I won't. I'm sure she just treats people differently."

"But she hasn't."

"And neither have I, right? So now, let's just talk about why you're so down before we meet up with everyone else."

"Everyone else? I thought it was just Yewon and your girlfriend."

"Sowon unnie? Oh, she brought a friend and Yewon brought a friend too, if you know what I mean."

SinB raised her eyebrows, Yewon? Having a crush on someone? This made her happy, thinking about all the ways to same aged friend and finding all the juicy details would take her mind off her own girlfriend.

"Hey wait, you tried to change the subject on me!"

Eunha reached over the small table and squished SinB's cheeks.

"Come on, what do we need to talk about for your smile to come back?"

"Well," SinB looked down at the table, should she ask Eunha? If she was going to be okay? Sarah hadn't come back last night, nor this morning, which was rare, as she had been coming back in the wee hours of the morning the past few days, but she still hadn't sent her a text or given her a call. "I was thinking that my relationship wasn't healthy."

Suddenly an arm was thrown over her shoulder and she froze in slight shock, how did anyone come so close without her noticing it? SinB held her breath when she heard a new voice call Eunha.

"Hey shortie."

"Yerin unnie! I'm not SHORT!"

SinB stared at Yerin who was still casually sitting with her arm over SinB's shoulder.

"You're cute, who are you?"

SinB gaped for a few seconds before Eunha slapped Yerin's arm off of her shoulders, scolding her.

"Hey! She has a girlfriend and it's their three year anniversary!"

"Sorry! Sorry, geez. Why are all the pretty ones taken?"

Yerin pouted childishly and rubbed her stinging hand. SinB finally remembered to breath.

"Well, I think I won't have a girlfriend after I tell you Eunha unnie, and nice to meet you, Yerin-ssi?"

"Aw, you can call me unnie because you're cute!"

SinB held back a sigh and rolled her eyes instead. The typical flirter.

"Anyways, since you're here, I might as well get your opinion as well."

Eunha looked worriedly at SinB, she pinched Yerin's thigh to stop her from saying something uneccessary.

"So, Sarah has been distant, even more so recently. She's....been missing a lot of our...activities, events, and just missing in general."

"Wait, so have you seen her today yet?"

"In fact, no. She didn't come back home last night."

SinB rubbed her arm awkwardly, this was sounding worse and worse the more she said aloud.

"I haven't- we haven't talked properly in the last two weeks."

"And you're sure this isn't just an arguement?"

"It's been three months Eunha unnie."

"And you've been together for three years."

"I just...think she takes me for granted. I might not be the best at expressing...myself but she's...how can I express myself when I can't see her?"

Warm arms wrapped around her and SinB started to feel the tears build up in her eyes at the warmth that she hadn't felt in a long time. She wasn't one to ask for affection, and she hadn't known how long it had been since she had such a warm hug.

"Shh, you'll be okay. If you talk with her, maybe things will work out, but in my opinion, I think you should break up."

"Wh-why?"

"Did she wish you happy birthday?"

"N-no?"

"Did you wish her happy birthday?"

"Of course."

"Did you call her for dates?"

"Yes."

"Did she call you?"

"Not often."

SinB let her tears fall as her words left , it had been completely a onesided relationship. Sarah hadn't been responsive to her relationship at all despite being the one who initiated it. Her phone rang, jolting her out of her misery.

"H-hello?"

"Where the hell are you babe? I came home to an empty house."

"I'm out on a reunion."

"Well, get back here, I'm hungry."

"You know I can't cook anything more complicated than instant food."

"Just get back here, you have fifteen minutes."

The line ended. SinB slumped in her seat, holding her head in her hands. Eunha was silent, not wanting to either be the cause of her best friend's break up, but she also didn't know whether there was going to be a fix for this issue. Yerin watched SinB carefully, her arms still loosely around SinB's waist.

"Hey, should we go to see her together?"

"What?"

Eunha sat up, Yerin had a point.

"If she won't listen to you, she has to at least listen to your friends, right?"

"Eunha unnie you hate her."

"And I'd kill her if it wasn't illegal just for hurting you."

SinB sniffled but nodded, grabbing her keys and going to the parking lot. Eunha hurriedly called Sowon and told her to drive Yewon and her friend to meet them at SinB's apartment complex, Yerin followed quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unlocking her door with her friends behind her, SinB held her breath as the first words Sarah said to her cut through her warm jacket, breezing through her body with the power of a tornado.

"You're lucky you made it in time."

SinB didn't respond, Sarah hadn't noticed that they were not alone yet.

"Hey, babe?"

"What?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"Just say it then."

SinB arrived in the living room, her eyes narrowed when she saw that Sarah wasn't alone.

"Who is this?"

"My coworker, didn't I tell you that she needed help?"

"With?"

"She got chased out of her apartment complex."

SinB shook her head, clearing her head of any of the plaguing thoughts of possible cheating.

"Well I need to talk to you alone."

"Just say it here."

SinB was halfway through a sigh when an arm wrapped around her waist, she gasped and looked to see Yerin with a stern look on her face. Sarah seemed enraged by her appearance.

"You know, for my friend to be dating such a jerk, I don't feel too good."

"Yerin unnie!"

SinB quickly checked behind her to see her friends all holding each other, refraining Eunha who looked ready to launch a flying high kick.

"Who the hell are you? What is going on Hwang?"

"Look, you're calling your lover by her last name, what kind of girlfriend are you?"

"I'm not talking to you. Leave my property this instant."

Biting her lip as Yerin and Sarah glared, SinB stepped forwards, escaping Yerin's reach for a second.

"She's not leaving, and my friends aren't either."

"Friends? Get them all out this instant."

"Sarah, you can't do that."

Sarah stood up finally, towering over SinB, her fierce glare made SinB feel a little smaller. Swallowing her nerves, SinB glared back.

"This apartment and everything in this house, are all marked under my name. If someone should leave, it'd be you."

"I'm your girlfriend."

"No, you're not anymore."

Sarah grabbed SinB's shoulder, slamming her to the nearest wall, SinB winced as her back hit the wall harshly, raising her hand to stop Yerin from coming over, SinB breathed quickly.

"Look at what you're doing to me."

Sarah looked down at SinB, her eyes not clearing.

"I said look at what you're doing to me!"

The hand that gripped her shoulder bruisingly slowly released. Sarah stepped back.

"Wait, I'm...I'm sorry."

"Are you really?"

Yerin stepped forwards, ignoring SinB's protests.

"She told me that you had been distant, you didn't come home last night. You want me to let her accept your apology?"

"I..."

"Do you even know what today is? She spent it with us instead of you!"

"I know what day it is, it's 8 days after my mom's birthday."

"Really? And you let her spend this anniversary alone."

"I told you I didn't forget!"

"None of your words said 'I love you' or 'happy three year anniversary'. I don't believe you."

SinB tugged on Yerin's shoulder, finally getting her to stop her rant. Sarah looked speechless.

"You should go, and take that girl with you. No, I don't care what relationship you have with her."

Sarah gaped, wanting to say something, but SinB cut her off.

"Sorry, but this is the end. Good bye. Please leave before I call security."

Sowon and the girls quickly scooted out of the way as they left, hurrying in to hug SinB in a group hug, Eunha checked SinB all over.

"You're sure you're okay?"

"I'll be fine."

SinB hugged Eunha tightly, hiding her face.

"If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd stay overnight to make sure you were fine...."

Eunha clung to her tightly as Yerin contemplated something, but she didn't raise her voice. Instead Sowon clapped her hands.

"Yerin ah! You don't have work tomorrow!"

"Ah, yea I don't have work tomorrow."

She scratched her cheek.

"Y'see I'm not opposed to staying over in a cute girl's house, but rather wouldn't it be uncomfortable? Staying with a person who you've met only for a few hours?"

Eunha quickly looked SinB in the eyes.

"Eunbi ah, I promise you that she's nice. Can she stay? It would make me feel better knowing that you're with her at least."

"I-If you say so. Do you have to go now?"

"We do honey."

Sowon kissed the top of SinB's head in a rare act of affection before pulling on Eunha's arm, reminding her that they had to go. Umji gave SinB one last hug, briefly introducing Yuna to her and promising that they could meet soon to share new secrets. Yerin stood awkwardly by the door as SinB sent the other girls off.

"Are you sure you want me to stay?"

SinB locked the door and turned to Yerin with an unsure face.

"Can you do martial arts?"

"Uhhh not professionally. Why?"

SinB shivered.

"Sorry, it's just that Sarah has a spare key."

Watching as SinB put a chair under the door knob, Yerin wondered exactly how much fear the smaller girl had held inside before their encounter.

"Hey, are you still-"

SinB hugged her. Not too strongly or too desperately, but her hands seemed to shake as they held into the back of her shirt. Yerin carefully put her arms over SinB's shoulder, leaning her cheek to SinB's head.

"I know I act like a flirt most the time, but I promise I can protect you."

"Th-thanks."

Yerin pulled back when SinB's grip loosened.

"W-well, we should get to know each other then? I guess."

"Yea."

SinB sniffled and took a seat on the couch, hugging a pillow and patted the seat beside her.

"My name is Hwang Eunbi, I like dancing and music. You?"

"I'm Yerin," Yerin smiled brightly. "I like the color yellow, because it's bright. Like me."

SinB offered a small chuckle.

"I can see that."

=====================

wellllll based on real life, only it was a friend I had trusted for four years and well...yea...I fought with them real hard the day after my birthday? wasn't the first time she forgot an event, but I got unusually angry and she gave such idiotic answers like in the chapter...man. How do people live like that? Using others because they're nice and easy? well, I still celebrated a late birthday party by trying out british tea! it was expensive and it just tasted like water! It was a nice after party :) sorry for being a moody author :P