except one pt 2

Moments with Her

The difference between except and only is a rather simple definition.

One is by exclusion, the other is by inclusion.

In the beginning, SinB thought that perhaps Yerin only liked her because she was the exception. The inclusion of the exception would make her feel better, as a person who loved to be around people, it was a valid reason to approach SinB. However, this reason was not so valid as to declare a public relationship, one that was to be a special bond between two people, perhaps considered a vow that is much harder to break than that of friendship or comradery.

So when Yerin said that the definition of her feelings were changed on the day that she confessed, SinB didn't get it. For Yerin, she was her "except one." Because SinB was the one person who didn't like her immediately, the one person that stood out to her, the one person that knew what she wanted to get and how to get it, Yerin had approached her. That was how she had explained it on the rooftop.

Then why, was Yerin saying now, that SinB was her "only one?"

"You are my only one."

SinB blinked from her position, slouched against the back of the bench on the rooftop of her school. It was break time, and her usual chill alone time was interrupted by her self imposed girlfriend. Well, it wasn't like she had completely rejected the ball of sunshine, but she hadn't felt the difference in their relationship just yet. Simply put, it didn't feel real. And her attitude wouldn't change just because Yerin had said that it should. Why would she act differently for another person anyways? Ever action a person takes has a reason, even if its a text from an old friend, especially if they hadn't talked to you in a year, when they suddenly text, it's because they need something. SinB ignored such messages in a heartbeat, yet she couldn't help but listen to Yerin as she talked.

"You told me I was your exception."

"You are! Of all the people around me, you're exceptionally special to me!"

"Exception is an exclusion of a subject."

"Hmmmm to exclude you from the rest of the masses of the people sounds ncie doesn't it? It makes you special!"

"Do you not use any other words than special? Anyways, you're contradicting yourself and I dislike contradictions."

"Where am I contradicting myself?"

"How can I be your only one, if I'm your exception? It just doesn't make sense."

Yerin hummed again, tapping her chin. SinB ignored the fact that with each passing second, Yerin was scooting closer and closer to her, pretending that it was just her fidgeting.

"I get it, you don't like being called special. Standing out was never your goal, right?"

SinB just gave her a cold glare, like usual.

"Ah haha, well, then I suppose I could just stick to calling you my only one then. Since, it's changed since we're girlfriends now."

"Like I was asking, how has anything changed?"

SinB crossed her arms behind her head, leaning back further, still ignoring that Yerin's knee bumped into her own, and that sweet scent of Yerin's shampoo slightly blowing with the breeze.

"I want to monopolize you."

SinB peeked open an eye.

"When I say only, that means that theres no space for anyone else. This also means that I don't like it when you're with other people, jealousy is real you know, not just fictional."

Yerin gathered her hands in her lap, blushing slightly.

"When I say only, it means that I want to be the one person that is allowed to hug you, nobody else. You might think it's childish, but it really isn't. I want to be the one person who will give you everything you could ever want."

"I'm not very materialistic."

"I know."

SinB found herself unable to retort Yerin's earnest response. If she wanted to explain everything to her, then fine. If she didn't, that was fine too. But even SinB understood not to be rude when a person is showing their inner thoughts so purely.

"Even if you hate everyone else, I want to be able to make you smile. Just me."

It was getting warm in her sweater and SinB did her best to not show how uncomfortable she was feeling. Yerin was meaning to invade her life and add herself to every point and nature of it, it didn't sound like a bad idea, but to SinB, putting all that effort and energy and love, into one person, was scary. She had simply been betrayed far too many times for her to easily accept.

Yerin offered her hand to SinB carefully, SinB stared at her open palm.

"I'll wait for you to take my hand. For forever."

"If I have you, you mean that I will never need anyone else, right?"

"Of course, I will do everything it takes, no matter how high the mountains I have to cross, I will do it just to make you smile."

"If....you every break your word, consider yourself dead."

"I swear."

"Fine then."

Yerin tilted her head a little in confusion. SinB placed her hand in Yerin's hand. Maybe she was being reckless, trying to find hope in humanity through this one person's warm hand. Maybe she would regret it, trusting another person with so much of herself again. But there was no denying the innocence in Yerin's eyes, nor the warmth in her chest.

"I'll be your only one."

"Then, can you make me your only one as well?"

SinB blushed and looked away.

"That will depend."

"Ehhhh? Do you still think that I will betray you? I swear I won't!"

"That will depend."

SinB tucked into the top of her sweater, wishing that she had worn one with a hood to hide in instead.

"I already stopped flirting with all the girls in the school!"

"So you were flirting with them!"

"Aha! You're jealous!"

SinB indignantly looked away. How licentious.

=======================

HOWS THAT FOR A MELTED BRAIN HAH

i can see parts of my english essay language seeping into my writing.....I've been poisoned ahh

i really really considered deleting the first major paragraph, because it simply sounds like an essay and i don't like it but....ah whatever! its fine! probably....