it's an emergency!

Moments with Her

Setting: Yerin is an officer in the military who was having an off duty day, but instead of going wherever she pleased, this off duty was going to high schools and recruiting students to the military besides their usual conscription. SinB is a student here.

===============

"Yerin ah, don't stray too far from our squad, I know seeing young girls make you excited and that's jus tyour thing but please for the sake of our image stay with the group."

"Alright alright."

Yerin grinned as she walked behind her captain, it was her off day, but they had still dragged her out to this school to give a presentation, probably because she was the most energetic soldier in their quarters.

"Officer Jung, please keep your eyes off the innappropriate areas."

"I- Hey, I wasn't looking that time alright?"

They were taking a break from being indoors, the stuffiness and stiffness of the room was getting to the soldiers who were used to spending time excercising on the regular, even on breaks except for Yerin who for some reason remained extremely strong despite not doing weight training on her arms, her lower body, she needed to work out a lot more to be on par.

"Oh, it's PE for some of the classes, should we observe and maybe demonstrate?"

Some of their comrades were getting restless and needed to expell some energy in some way. They neared a group of students who were practicing climbing up a pole, which was usually acheived by holding the pole between your crossed ankles and using your upper body strength to pull your self up further, an activity that Yerin could do perfectly, without the use of her feet in fact.

Before they got to do anything however, a girl ran up to their teacher to tell them something that Yerin happened to overhear. Her friend, Hwang Eunbi wasn't feeling well and said she was going to the nurse's office to rest, however, when the girl had gone to the nurses office to visit her, she was not there. Afraid that this Eunbi had passed out on the way there, she wanted the teacher to help. But the teacher told her to not worry too much, since apparently Eunbi was a strong girl who could take care of herself.

"But teacher! She said she was going almost an hour ago!"

"Then why were you skipping class to go see her, get on the pole and climb."

Yerin hummed and put her hand on her chin. This teacher clearly didn't like Eunbi, but something was nagging her about the way the teacher reacted. Not to mention, if the girl could ask the teacher for help, why didn't she ask her classmates?

"Hey, young lady."

"Ah, good day miss soldier."

"Aw the way you call me is so formal on my day off, it makes me feel constricted."

The way she whined made the younger girl dumbfounded, this was their nation's army? It surprised her a little. Then a smack sound came on the back of Yerin's head.

"Captain! That was unecessarily painful!"

"Officer Jung, I told you not to talk to the students."

"She's got a missing friend okay? I have a feeling it's more than that."

She turned back to the girl.

"Say, why don't you ask you classmates?"

"That's....because they don't like Eunbi very much."

"Why? Is she a bad person?"

"No, she's just hard to understand sometimes, I'll go look for her again, don't tell my teacher, he won't notice unless someone tells him."

With that, the girl had run off again, leaving Yeirn scratching the back of her head. Confusing. Why would anyone be so hard to understand that the rest of the class didn't like her enough to help her if she wasn't feeling well or missing? Something caught her eye on the roof of the school, she rubbed her eyes and looked again.

"Captain?"

"What Officer Jung, no I do not give you permission to wander the campus."

"No, seriously CAPTAIN! Look up there!"

"What the?!"

There was a girl on the roof, backed up against the railing, she seemed to be talking to someone else up there. What was this scene? Some drama? Yerin had the urge to run up there and tell them off for fighting on a roof. Falling off of this tall of a school building meant serious injuries if not fatal. They watched as another figure they couldn't make out walked closer to the one hanging on the railing as if there were nowhere left to go.

"Officer Jung, permission granted, climb that gutter."

"Roger!"

Sprinting to the gutter attached to the side of the school building, Yerin began to scale the building easily, distributing her weight against the wall professionally as she easily lifted herself up to the fifth floor balcony, to which she balanced herself on the railing and jumped up to grab the edge of the roof. Catching herself on her fingertips, she easily pulled herself up into the air and grabbed the railing on the roof, easily swinging herself over the railing and onto the roof with a pant.

"Hey, kids? Playing on the roof is dangerous."

Yeirn cracked her knuckles with a grin as a girl and two boys stared at her, the girl appeared slightly sickly and the boys, were boys she supposed, ruffled up uniforms and ped-

"PED PANTS? ARE YOU TWO ANIMALS? You'll catch a cold, hurry pull em back up before I make you."

She turned to the girl who was now leaning heavily on the railing.

"You look like you should be in the hospital by now, are you Hwang Eunbi by any chance?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Uhhh cuz a friend of yours was worried about you?"

Yerin didn't predict this, but one of the boys were apparently frustrated that Yerin had ignored him, ran over to Eunbi and kicked the railing. Which shook greatly as it was made of metal and knocked Eunbi off balance. As soon as it stilled, Yerin's held breath was released and she started to walk over to the girl, intending to either pick her up and get her to the nurse's office or to beat the crap out of the boy who just attempted to kick a sickly girl.

"Look, I don't know why you were antagonizing a girl who was weaker than you, but I sure as hell am not weak."

Then the railing broke and fell over the edge of the building, along with the girl who was leaning on it. Quickly, Yerin sprinted to the side of the building, dropping over the edge and catching it with her right hand as her left grabbed hold of the girl's hand.

"Hey! How's it hanging?"

The girl just stared at her wide eyed, probably out of shock, but who was to say her joke wasn't funny? Swinging a little bit, Yerin moved them over inch by inch to the fifth floor balcony and dropped the girl who landed wiht no injuries, Yerin also dropped and helped pick the girl up, carrying her princess style to the nurse's office.

"So, any idea why you look pale as hell?"

"Who are you?"

"You didn't anser my question, you know, you got really sharp canine teeth, looks cute."

Eunbi closed almost as if self concious. The nurse's office door opened in a hurry, slamming into the wall as the girl from earlier ran in and hugged Eunbi tightly.

"Eunbi ah I'm so glad you're okay!"

"That's...I know, but right now you can't be this close."

Eunbi separated from her friend before going to the nurse.

"I saw you save Eunbi, thank you very much Officer. How could I ever repay you?"

"Ah, how about you tell me your name, that's all I want to know right now? You're a hero you know?"

"I'm no hero, but if it's my name, I'm Kim Yewon."

"Aha, so Kim Yewon and Hwang Eunbi, I met two beautiful girls today."

She looked over at Eunbi who was taking medicines.

"You should stay away from the roof and try to make some friends you know?"

"As if."

Yerin placed her hands on her hips.

"Next time you fall off the roof, I won't be there to save you, you know?"

"And that's that. I thank you for saving me, but that's that."

Obviously whispering loud enough for Eunbi to hear her talking to Yewon, Yerin said "she's always like this?"

"Yea, pretty much."

"You!"

"Hey! I'm a soldier! Cutie, be careful alright? My captain's probably mad at me by now so I gotta go!"

Eunbi rubbed her face with her hands tiredly.

"Eunbi ah, she was super cool when she saved you! It couldn't hurt you to be more thankful."

"It's not like I wasn't thankful...."

Yewon blinked as she stared at Eunbi's expression, she hadn't seen that one before.

"Eunbi?"

"She was really cool when she did that alright?"

Yewon held in a smile.

"Say, how hard is it to get into the army?"

===========

yea no, this was just a random...yea..hahahhahahahhaha

(I was thinking of whether or not to use the uniform as part of the plot, lookin cool but then my brain literally spiralled right into crackland and I did say it was going to be funny, well I suppose it's more weird than funny but EH. I'm hungry :P)