fluffless

Moments with Her

You know, just to put it out there, I don't have confidence in any subject but fluff and happy endings.

====================

SinB sat down on the floor, exhausted, frustrated, sweaty and feeling absolutely miserable. She had been practicing a routine for the last six hours with a few breaks in between, yet she still hadn't gotten it perfectly right. Always named the main dancer, she had an image to protect, even if she denied it for as long as she could, this title stuck to her and eventually grew on her, but as always, what comes with a title is a burden.

She was stressed and on the verge of crying out of frustration, yet this bright face comes in and greets her. Normally this wouldn't make her angry, in fact, the opposite. This smile had the power to turn her frowns upside down, make the rainy days seem fun, the emptiness of their houses nonexistent.

"SinB yah!"

"Yerin unnie. What are you doing here?"

Yerin stopped a few steps away, she appeared to be in great condition, the way she was dressed, she probably came back from a yoga lesson with Joy. How enviable. SinB listened for a bit as she talked about her day, chatting with Joy, which she had already guessed, stretching out muscles that hurt a bit but felt really good after, and well, an invitation.

"You wanna go eat dinner together?"

"Now?"

SinB's eyebrows drew together. Of all the days for Yerin to have come to visit her, she really came on the day she wasn't in the mood to deal with other people. Having listened to Yerin being happy with herself, having listened to how much fun everything she did was, SinB was about to blow a fuse.

"I'm trying to work, I'll go with you next time."

"But SinB yah, you're exhausted, you can try again tomorrow."

SinB shook her head, trying to hold back from saying something absolutely terrible. Brushing off Yerin's hand from her shoulder, she stepped to the music controller, setting up the song on repeat once more. Yerin tugged her away from the console, now looking a little angry with her. But why should she be angry at SinB? SinB was just trying to do her best!

"Let me go! You can eat by yourself!"

"No! I don't like eating alone."

"You can fish anyone in the world to eat with you! It doesn't have to be me ALL the time!"

Stunned, Yerin stepped back a little. SinB knew she messed something up, but she didn't have the energy to deal with it right then and there.

"Just leave, I want to perfect this. Now."

---------------------------

SinB woke up on floor of the practice room, the lights were still on, the music was still playing on repeat. When did she pass out? Rubbing the back of her head, she groaned at the soreness of sleeping on a hard surface ache across her body. Most likely, she had fainted when she was taking a break.

Standing up and stretching, a few groans and mutters under her breath later, SinB shut everything off and headed towards home. Even if it was already in the wee AMs, Sowon would chew her out if she never went home to sleep. Throughout the taxi ride, her mind was occupied with what she had said.

Sighing deeply, SinB ran a hand through her hair. She paid the taxi by card and shoved her hands in her pockets as she trudged to the elevator. With the group separated in two dorms, Yerin wasn't going to see her mope. Getting through the front door, SinB jumped a little as she discovered that Eunha was still up.

"Welcome home SinB."

"I'm back. Why are you still up?"

"Hm? I never sleep this early, but there was also another reason."

SinB put her bag in her space, untying her hair to get cleaned up for bed.

"Hm? Reason? Not more Stardew Valley?"

"You always know that's part of it, but today Yerin unnie-"

Eunha stopped at once when she saw SinB's expression drop. Hearing her sigh, SInB didn't look Eunha in the eyes.

"Did you fight with her?"

SinB grumbled, facing Eunha.

"It's just that unnie came and a bad time, and when she does her usual thing, I don't know, I exploded okay? But it's not all my fault."

"You're complaining how she hangs on you? I thought you liked it."

"I-"

SinB shook her head and waved at Eunha.

"Not dealing with the thinking right now. Good night Eunha unnie."

Eunha's sigh was heard again, but she did wish SinB sweet dreams. How was she going to deal with Yerin tomorrow? Shoving the thought aside, SinB relaxed. Leave thinking for tomorrow, right now, she needed to recover all the energy she spent.

-----------------------------

The girls were in the practice room, doing self evaluations, practices, consultations with their dance teacher. SinB was feeling sore all over, she had really pushed herself too far yesterday, but she would never admit it. Yerin was on the other side of the room, not once during their group session did the two talk, or even make eye contact. The one time SinB was caught looking at Yerin, the older had turned away immediately.

Usually, on the days where SinB wasn't feeling well, Yerin was the first to notice, or at least, do something about it, Sowon often knew but left SinB alone, saying that SinB should learn to take care of herself better.

"Come on SinB, show me what you learned yesterday."

"Yes."

Stepping forwards despite the rest of the girls on standby for their break, SinB stood up to perform the very routine she had drilled herself to perfection before their teacher.

There was no such thing as perfection, but there was the point closest to perfection a person could get, and SInB strived to make it there on every dance she knew. The fault with her dance this day however, was because her limbs refused to listen to her after the grueling workout she had put them through the night before.

Head hung low and bowign as she got scolded by the teacher, SinB bit her lip, holding in her building tears of frustration.

"I told you not to overwork yourself. How many times is this SinB?!"

"I'm sorry miss."

"Take the rest of today off. That's an order. Sowon! We need a chat."

Sowon didn't complain, only following the teacher out into the hallways. SinB slumped to the floor, holding her face in ehr hands as she did her best to breathe away her tears, calming down was her first priority. As she thought to herself, she could feel a certain emptiness in her chest. What was missing?

Everytime she got scolded by the teacher, there was always someone by her side, encouraging her and telling her that it was alright, even sometimes saying that the teacher was too much for not recognizing SinB's passion. There wasn't such a person helping her cheer up at this moment.

That person was Yerin.

The very Yerin who was giving her very sad glances every once in a while. SinB curled up on herself, ignoring everything around her even as the girls all left, telling her to cheer up. Unmoving, SinB looked at herself in the reflection of the mirror walls. She was staring so hard that she didn't notice the last person come up to her, take a seat, and lean against her back.

"Y-yerin unnie?"

Yerin didn't speak, only staying still behind SinB.

"Yerin unnie....I'm sorry."

SinB sniffled as her tears spilled over, her frustrations, her apologies, her everything just spilled out of her at that moment. She couldn't stop herself anymore. Crying openly, SinB could vaguely recognize the smell of Yerin wrapping around her in a hug.

"I didn't mean it! I swear!"

She clung almost desperately to Yerin as she apologized.

"I know unnie just cares for me! I know it but!"

"Shhhhh."

Yerin patted SinB's back slowly. A silent order to finish crying first then talk, lest she choke on her tears. SinB coughed a few more times before she fixed her breathing pattern.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Mm."

Crying was a way to release stress, perhaps she had managed to release a sizeble amount, if not all just within Yerin's arms.

"U-unnie."

Her voice cracked as she pulled away from Yerin, feeling undeserving of Yerin's care.

"Unnie I'm sorry I hurt you with my words. I was so frustrated and I hated everything in the world, but you came in all happy and I was just so jealous."

Yerin nodded, patting SinB's hair softly.

"A-and Iw as thinking some really mean things like how can unnie be smiling like and idiot, but really I'm the idiot right? I know I am."

Yerin shook her head, hugging SinB again.

"You're not stupid, or an idiot. You're just a human. We all have limits."

"I know unnie works really hard to put a smile on, so I'm really really sorry."

"I forgive you. Just promise me that you'll really do your best to take care of yourself better?"

Everytime that teacher had asked her that, she had disobeyed, lost in her self destruction. But when Yerin asked her, she felt a compelling tug inside her to actually listen.

"Can I be a little more selfish?"

"Of course."

"Unnie, can I ask you to help me with that?"

There was silence for a few more seconds and SinB was beginning to retract her words.

"I mean- you don't have to, I mean I'm a pretty terrible person, and I just apologized for hurting you, and well the fact that i hurt you in the first place means-"

Yerin kissed her on the lips, effectively shutting her up. SinB looked wide eyed at Yerin even as they parted.

"Promise you'll talk to me about it instead next time alright?"

SinB couldn't make a noise, only nodding dumbly.

"It's partly my fault anyways, I should've noticed how sensitive you were yesterday."

"No!  Unnie didn't mean any of it, but I did. So I was wrong."

Yerin held SinB's hand, squeezing gently.

"Hey, when we recover from this, we can talk about it."

SInB was confused.

"It?"

Yerin looked her in the eyes seriously.

"The kiss."

"Oh."

SinB watched blankly as Yerin stood up, leaving her behind.

"Make sure you stretch before going home. I'll see you at dinner."

"Oh."

The door shut behiind Yerin and SinB looked back in the mirror, her fingers touching her lips.

"Oh."

=====================

That was my take on that request, I can't help but think I missed it by like a mile, but oh well.

the next update will be very sweet and fluffy, because eswa would want so, based on what she told me to look at that is

sowie