separated

Moments with Her

Yerin sat in front of her mirror, looking back at herself, lost in thought. Recently, she had been showing buddy that she was absolutely stunning without bangs. A real beauty, if she had to say so herself. Still, she didn't feel the age. Pulling off her hair tie and letting her pony tail down, Yerin untucked her bangs from where they had been sprayed to stay.

Putting her bangs the way she did nearly every single day before once more, Yerin tried smiling at herself. That wasn't it. Smile dropping and hands settling awkwardly on the counter, Yerin looked down.

"Maybe twin tails?"

Just holding up her hair in two bunches, Yerin looked at herself.

"Haha, if I showed this to Sowon unnie, she'd call me cute again."

Or would she? Yerin put it back down. But then actually tied it up that way when SinB invited her to go out and eat.

"Hey unnie."

"Hey foodB."

"Excuse me?"

SinB tackled Yerin in a tickle battle to which Yerin would usually fight back, but today she seemed to resign herself to SinB.

"Unnie? Is there something wrong?"

Holding Yerin's cheeks, SinB pulled slightly, finally making Yerin whine.

"Don't stretch my cheeks!"

SinB's grin didn't go away, even when she appreciated Yerin's hair.

"Why twin tails today?"

Yerin kicked the floor as they walked to the nearby ramen shop. SinB held Yerin's sleeve just barely.

"I felt like it, does it not suit me?"

"You're cute."

Yerin smiled a little.

"And you're soft today."

"Well, it reminds me that the last you had bangs was on official work, not airports or in daily life."

Yerin looked down again, feeling the same sadness filling her insides again.

"We have to change, don't we?"

SinB hummed as she walked backwards, still holding onto Yerin's sleeve as a guide.

"Not really, appearances, like outward ones probably, but inside, not really." SinB paused as she found a tear escaping Yerin's eyes. Holding Yerin's cheeks again, SinB smiled softly. "Hey, we don't need to change at all."

"I know! But I can't help but think that things won't be the same forever! We're in different dorms, on two completely different floors! Everytime I look at you and notice something different, I feel like we're drifting apart. And I don't want that."

SinB hugged Yerin, letting her cry onto her shoulder, slowly patting her back to help her calm down.

"Unnie, I already told you you crybaby, we haven't changed."

"Your hair grew back longer!"

"And I still think you're beautiful."

Yerin puffed her cheeks, coloring red at the random compliment.

"See? We still hold each other close, we still spend time together, nothing's changed at all."

"You don't sleep over in my bed anymore."

SinB hummed and tapped Yerin's forehead.

"If I slept in the same bed as you, how would I know you won't try anything on me? Sowon unnie won't be on the other side yelling at us to sleep."

Yerin blushed, open but no words coming out.

"How are you-"

"Not scared? Because, I have you by my side don't I?"

"But we-"

"Nope."

SinB kissed Yerin's cheek.

"No more unless you're telling me that you're cheating on me with Yuju unnie."

"What?! I AM NOT!"

SinB grinned, happy to see Yerin's energy returning.

"Besides, I like seeing you like this, running up to me because you missed me so much."

"I don't like having to miss you in the first place."

"Whining now aren't we?"

Yerin just snuggled her face closer to SinB's neck, not letting go of their hug.

"What can I do to make you not scared then? I'll do anything for you after all."

"....kiss me."

"Hm? Say that louder."

"I said to kiss me."

SinB smiled, caressing Yerin's cheek. Leaning in, she pressed a nice strong smooch on Yerin's cheek. Yerin whined and SinB quickly silenced her with another, on her lips. Yerin's hands gripped into the back of SinB's jacket, tilting her head a little to press even closer against SinB.

"Should I do this every day?"

SinB leanded her forehead to Yerin's, her eyes closed as she felt Yerin's breath.

"I would like that."

"Alright then."

Yerin pecked SinB on the cheek, grinning.

"Thanks babe."

"No problem. Babe."

====================

why cant soumu just buy them a house?