scents (SinB side)

Moments with Her

When does SinB smell Yerin? If Yerin can smell SinB every time they touch, when does SinB take the time to notice Yerin's?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB sat on the couch in the waiting room, her eyelids dropping lower and lower as she waited her turn. Smelling something akin to strawberries, she lifted her head to see where it was coming from. Yerin had been passing by, her makeup done and hair ready to be sprayed in place. Was it the hair spray? SinB leaned over to Eunha who was holding Sowon's phone, cooing at Meonji chasing his own tail, smelling Eunha's hair, she wrinkled her nose.

"Eunha unnie, when did you last shower?"

"Omo! Last night! Who do you take me as? Our VCR was a joke!"

"Did you use the hair spray?"

"I did, that's the plasstic smell."

"Right."

SinB leaned back into her seat, propping her cheek on her hand. Closing her eyes to rest them, she caught the scent of strawberries again, before someone dumped themselves into her lap. Opening her eyes with a tired glare, it softened when the source of the strawberry scent was in her lap.

"What is it?"

"There's no more seats, come on, uncross your legs."

Yerin moved just enough for SinB to shift her legs, too tired to fight Yerin back, or was it even effort? She just let the older do whatever she wanted. Letting Yerin move her hands, SinB just remained limp in Yerin's grip, allowing her ease of access. Yerin set SinB's hands around her waist, like a safety belt.

"Hold me."

SinB tighted her grip on Yerin's waist, leaning forwards, she put her cheek against Yerin's back, she could feel the gap in the back of Yerin's dress, where the piece showed parts of Yerin's back through artistically crafted holes. Subconciously rubbing her cheek against Yerin's skin, SinB was like a cat almost.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Just a little, can we stay this way for a little while?"

"Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hands covered her eyes, SinB sighed. Wait, was that the same strawberry scent? It must be Yerin. A clearly fake voice sounded behind her, but SinB could distinguish each member's speech style, to the point of how their individual voice sounds even through a voice changer, there was always that distinct edge to each of their voices. Yerin's tone was lower when just listening carelessly, her voice was lower than Umji's, higher than Yuju's, but always, always had that high tone in the back of her voice.

"It's Yerin unnie."

"Aw, how'd you know?"

SinB turned around with a light smirk.

"I wonder how?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everywhere they went, so long as SinB smelled strawberries, it was either Yerin was near her, or she was reminded of Yerin. She didn't need to particularly search for the scent to take note of it, she just naturally caught it in the air as they were nearly together all the time.

Walking through a makeup shop, following Yuju along mindlessly, SinB sighed. Makeup wasn't really a point of interest for herself, but taking care of her skin was important, and sometimes Yuju found some amazing things on their random shopping sprees. Sowon had been giving them her tips from Trend with Me program but SinB herself rarely tried new products alone. Catching the scent of strawberry, she wandered over to the perfume stand.

"Yuju unnie, do you smell strawberries?"

Yuju stayed half an aisle away.

"Eh? How can you smell anything over there? There's so many conflicting scents, strawberrries?"

SinB kept quiet, it was true, there were so many other scents, lavendar, lilacs and so on, but she could clearly smell strawberries. Finding the pink bottle, she walked a little further from the aisle to smell it isolated from the other scents. This was the one Yerin used, she could recognize it perfectly now that it was away from the others. But, it smelled a little different? She read the label.

"Scent changes over time, love potion. What?"

She read the fine print silently. According to the little black letters, the more you smelled it, the smell would change to fit your tastes, it was a mental kind of reaction to this chemical, you would identify this scent as one that you loved.

"It does smell like Yerin unnie."

She had been calling it strawberry, but it had long since been strawberry, but Yerin's own scent. The freshness and sweetness, Yerin was the only one who smelled that way. Spraying it on Yuju's shoulder to smell, she wrinkled her nose in confusion.

Wasn't it the identification of the scent becoming a person, not the smell changing to match a person? This didn't even smell like strawberries.

"Oh, that's a good smell."

"Really?"

"I get what you mean by strawberry, but isn't this more like cherry?"

Cherry?

"I guess so?"

Putting the bottle back on the shelf, SinB smelled her fingers, strawberry. Walking near Yuju, cherry. What a weird little concotion this perfume was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yerin unnie, we're back."

Yerin poked her head out of the kitchen, greeting them before hurrying back to the stove. Yuju went to put her stuff in her room, SinB didn't buy anything so she followed Yerin into the kitchen.

"What are you making?"

"Dumplings, want some?"

"Eung."

SinB hesitated, standing behind Yerin. Not wanting to startle Yerin and cause an accident with the hot pan, SinB placed her hands on Yerin's shoulders first.

"What is it?"

SinB didn't respond, sliding her hands down to Yerin's sides, ignoring the shiver that went down her spine. Scooting closer, SinB backhugged Yerin carefully.

"Unnie smells like strawberries."

"Do I?"

More like strawberries smell like you.

=============

ayyyyyyyyyyy a part two