pt 2

Moments with Her

Sowon bowed in front of Joonyoung, Eunbi followed after her, this was the man who just wanted a messenger boy to deliver loving messages to his crush? A simple job? Why the man couldn’t do it himself bewildered Eunbi but it was fine for a job.

“My lovely Yerin wouldn’t even let me see her face, how am I supposed to woo her with my wit and looks? Simply you must deliver my messages to her, and make her fall for me.”

“Understood sir, but might I suggest giving a phone call?”

“You think I haven’t tried? She blocked my phone number, now you first task, SinB, go and greet her and let her know that this is my next attempt at winning her hand, her father already approves of me.”

Eunbi muttered under her breath, but it was a job and she was going to do it.

“Do you have any particular words you want me to say to her?”

He proceeded to spout a bunch of nonsense about not being able to live without this Yerin and such and such. Eunbi rolled her eyes but stopped when Sowon nudged her side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why did you find the most old-fashioned bunch of geezers to have me work for.”

“Because they don’t appear in the news often and they had an easy job. Why, don’t like it? I’ll do it then, I wonder how good of a manly impression I can make.”

Sitting with her legs apart Sowon made a ridiculous attempt at being manly, only to fail miserably. Chuckling as Eunbi laughed until she fell over at her terrible impression and manly language, Sowon sat properly again and watched Eunbi fondly.

“You don’t have a brother, that’s why you at being manly!”

“What, are you saying my sister has ruined my handsome face?”

Seeing Eunbi smiling again made Sowon relax, driving up to their house on the edge of town, she ruffled Eunbi’s now short hair.

“You’ll be working as SinB from now on. You’ll do well, and I’ll catch those murders for you.”

“Thank you Sowon unnie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the front step of the Jungs, SinB ran a hand through her short hair and cleared to get rid of any nervousness she had. Straightening her jacket just a little, she started walking confidently to the gate where a servant greeted her.

“The young mistress said that she wasn’t meeting anyone today.”

“Well, I have to speak with her, or I will lose my job.”

The servant looked upset, perhaps she felt sorry for SinB? She did suppose that the usual people who ended up servants or messenger boys in this time period usually had no other place to go, she herself had many great caretakers through her own life time.

“I will talk to the mistress please wait here.”

“Ah, but I absolutely have to meet her okay? Otherwise I’ll really not have a job.”

The girl bit her lip as if really wanting to let her in but went back to her station and picked up the security phone. SinB watched very carefully as the servant conversed with most likely, Jung Yerin. It seemed as if she asked and received a rather alright answer, along with several glances in her direction.

Seeing her come back out, SinB stood straight again and gave her best friendly smile.

“Um, she said she’ll meet you, only for a few minutes, that’s enough right?”

“Of course.”

“Then follow me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB stood in an office, there were three doors in that office, the one that she entered in and two other doors that were just there. Straightening herself and spreading her stance a little wider to appear manlier, she bowed her head to the lady who walked in from one of the other two doors, a veil over her face.

“SinB ssi?”

“That would be me miss.”

“What is your purpose for being here?”

“To deliver you a message from my master.”

“So, you’re a servant?”

“A messenger, if I may, miss.”

“Speak then, I will listen for miss Yerin for you.”

“You are not Miss Jung? My words are for her ears only, I ask that you allow me to speak with her.”

“How rude, fine then. Young man, I am Yerin, now speak before I kick you out for your rudeness.”

“Forgive me, I just assumed that all that worked and live here were all such beauties that I had no clue upon whom was you. My master, Jo Joonyoung wishes for me to deliver you his message of heartfelt love.”

“One which I’ve heard many times, I don’t care about him, but still, hurry and tell me the main point.”

Yerin was now seated in her chair behind the desk, gesturing for SinB to take a seat in one of the chairs in front of the desk. Gathering her hands on the desk, she sat at attention for SinB to speak.

“Miss, your eyes are like the stars in the sky and my master aches with heartbreak every time that you close them.”

“Poetic trash.”

“Excuse me?”

“Just…I don’t know; summarize. I haven’t got the time to be dealing with him.”

“He said he would die for you.”

Yerin raised an eyebrow at that, she had expected this young man to continue reciting the words he must have been given, but that quick response pleased her. Quirking her lips into a smile, she waved off her maids, leaving them alone in the office. Removing her veil, she looked at SinB properly.

“And you, what would happen to you?”

“Huh? I’d have to find another job then.”

“What status are you? You speak as a knowledgeable person, not one that should be just a messenger boy.”

“My family lost it’s prestige and I ended up with getting this job. What does this have to do with anything?”

It wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t the whole truth, a half-truth perhaps. SinB warily looked around herself, she was a little uncomfortable to be alone in this room, according to Joonyoung’s words, Yerin was indeed much more beautiful than she had imagined.

“Then tell me, how much would it take to convince you to work for me instead?”

Why in the world did this lady want her? SinB rubbed her head in confusion.

“I’d have to talk to my employer.”

“Don’t go back to him, he doesn’t deserve a handsome boy like you, besides, I’m sure being a messenger of love is very taxing on your own heart.”

She seemed to know that she had an effect on most males and may as well had caused something in SinB as well.

“Um, I meant Sowon un-noona, she was the one who brought me to Joonyoung.”

“Hm, do you care for this Sowon-ssi?”

Yerin seemed to be interested in their relationship? For goodness sake, they were both women and yet this lady was interested? Not that it was wrong or anything, it just came as a surprise and SinB wasn’t sure that this was going to be alright.

“I-I..I do. She took care of me and gave me job.”

At this, Yerin frowned a little and back off her desk, drawing her veil over herself once more.

“Go back and tell Joonyoung, that his message was listened to and rejected.”

“But I still have more he has to say to-“

“Nope, no more. Begone.”

Yerin got up and left the room, letting the servant from before lead her out. Running and hand through her short hair and ruffling it in frustration, SinB groaned quietly trying to figure out how to deliver this to Joonyoung.

“Hm? Who are you, handsome?”

SinB looked up cautiously, the servant was now bowing before…Eunha unnie?

“Eunh- I mean greetings miss. I am the messenger from Joonyoung-ssi, my name is SinB.”

“Ah, the one that caught Yerin unnie’s fancy, I noticed you were calling my name, have we met before?”

“I think not, you just looked like this girl I knew.”

Eunha hummed and tapped her chin.

“Your face is very familiar to me, but I can’t put my finger on who.”

“I get that a lot miss.”

Walking closer to SinB, Eunha looked with great scrutiny on her face.

“I swear I’ve seen you before.”

SinB tried to remain calm, Eunha was her playmate when they still went to the same school a few years ago, now with her family gone and herself under disguise and hiding, she couldn’t exactly meet with her again.

“Well, goodbye then. I hope you good luck.”

“Thank you, miss.”

SinB left the house with her heart pounding, hurrying to Sowon’s parked car, she hopped in and buckled herself quickly.

“Man, my heart was about to explode.”

“I’m sure it wasn’t that bad.”

“It was that bad!”

“Alright, alright, tell me about it.”

===================

ohoho tomorrow pt 3