twelfth night pt 3

Moments with Her

“Go visit her again, this time, make sure she hears everything I have told you, boy.”

“Yes sir. I swear that she shall hear every word.”

Bowing again, SinB sighed and exited Joonyoung’s office, untying her necktie a little bit, SinB quickly hopped into Sowon’s car as they drove towards Yerin’s mansion again.

“You’d think he’d give up by now, right?”

“I just feel like this is a matter of possession, some boys are like this, they see a challenge and then once they’ve got it, they just toss them aside.”

“Trash.”

“Hm?”

“Trash, that’s what those ‘men’ are. Just plain trash.”

“Not all men though, just reminding.”

“I know.”

SinB leaned back and closed her eyes. Sowon reached over and helped her push the back of her chair back. It was a long drive to Yerin’s place, why Joonyoung wanted her to go two times a day was absurd, but then again, it was her, not him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Miss, that boy is back again.”

“SinB?”

“Yea, the one from Joonyoung-ssi.”

Yerin hummed and signed another paper before getting up. Moving to her living room, she sat down comfortably on the couch in front of the fireplace, taking a sip of red wine, she noted that the sun had long been down.

“Let him in.”

“Very well.”

Crossing her legs and putting the wine glass back on the coffee table, Yerin leaned back and closed her eyes as her guest came in.

“Have a seat.”

“Miss Yerin, I must-“

“Nope, take a seat or get kicked out.”

Opening her eyes to give SinB a menacing glare, Yerin took in the boy’s appearance. He was very feminine, his features soft as if a girl, but the way he carried himself was like a boy pretending to be a man.

“How old are you boy?”

“Um, I’m 20, going through a late puberty ma’am.”

That wasn’t a surprise to Yerin, his voice wasn’t deep, maybe just on the edge of beginning the voice changing.

“I suppose you’ll start growing even taller then?”

“Maybe.”

SinB fiddled in his seat, obviously nervous about Yerin’s questions.

“What has Joonyoung told you to say this time?”

“He says that you, who are the rose among thorns and the gem among diamonds deserves so much more than the loneliness of solitude.”

“What if I told you I had no interest in men?”

“I would have to go tell him that.”

“Your own opinion on that fact?”

“I respect it miss.”

Yerin hummed, satisfied with the answer.

“Not to say that I am, I just haven’t found a type of love interest yet.”

She leaned over in her single couch, getting closer to SinB with her chin propped on her hand. SinB visibly scooted back a little further.

“Ah, you’re no fun to play with this way.”

“Sorry.”

“You can go back and tell him I said no again, or you can stay for a night before going back. I’m sure the ride back is tiring.”

“It’s more tiring for Sowon noona, she’s the one driving me.”

Yerin quirked an eyebrow at SinB’s slight childishness, the admission that she was being taken care of, the admission that she needed help, it piqued her interest.

“Then tell her to come in as well, what does she do?”

“She used to be my bodyguard, before my family lost it’s prestige.”

“I see, then it’s perfectly safe to let her in, she can defend herself well.”

“I-“

“You over there, bring her in.”

As the maid left, another door opened and in walked Eunha.

“Yerin unnie you- omo? That messenger boy again?”

“SinB, this is Eunha.”

“Hello again.”

“Call me noona.”

“Eh? I couldn’t possibly-“

“Do it for me! Please?”

SinB sweated, should she even be getting so close to them? Her job was to be a messenger boy, yet it seemed that Yerin had taken a particular liking to her, and Eunha was going to figure out that she was Hwang Eunbi the longer they stayed in each other’s presence.

“N-noona.”

She bit her lip and looked away as Eunha cheered, amusing her once best friend as another person made her feel really bad, she was lying to a person whom she once trusted.

“Eunha yah, did you find out what I wanted to know?”

“About the Hwangs?”

SinB looked away, this wasn’t something she should be interested in.

“Are they all confirmed to be dead? Did they really get away with all the money?”

“The thing is unnie, the Hwangs, our rival company, their money wasn’t little right?”

“Yes, what are you picking at?”

SinB tried to look like she wasn’t listening to the best of her abilities.

“It’s all gone, but not in the hands of the killers. But to their guard, Kim Sojung.”

“What?”

“And get this, the body of Hwang Eunbi isn’t found.”

Yerin sighed and laid a hand on Eunha’s lap.

“Eunha yah, I don’t want this to get your hopes up, you spent the two weeks after that incident crying and locked up in your room.”

SinB flinched just slightly, during that time she was training with Sowon, she also thanked everything in her that she called Sojung as Sowon. Maybe? Just hopefully? They won’t know Sowon by her face.

“What are you doing? I’m not supposed to leave the car-“

“We’ll take good care of it.”

“But my-“

Sowon shut up and bowed to Yerin immediately.

“My apologies for being a disturbance.”

“You must be Sowon.”

“That is me.”

SinB quickly stood up and stood a step behind Sowon, Sowon would know what to do, right? But Yerin saw this as a cute act, like a duckling following it’s mother, smiling oddly Yerin gestured for Sowon to sit, which then SinB followed and sat beside her, much further away from Yerin than earlier.

“I’ve offered this before to your little boy, why don’t you let him work for me?”

“Might I ask why?”

“Hmm, all of my servants are girls because of my father, seeing as he isn’t in the country right now, why don’t you let me take this opportunity to add variety to my home. It sometimes gets boring talking to just girls.”

“That would be exploitation then miss.”

“How so?”

“If you wanted to talk to men, you could go outside, hiring a boy who is barely grown up to chat with you, I worry for him more than you.”

“Are you implying I would do something to him?”

“In this era, I would, but by my status, I dare not.”

Yerin chuckled a little before laughing out loud. Eunha jumped a little at the sound of her sister’s voice, she had been distracted by Sowon’s beauty.

“Fine, don’t work for me. But you two may stay here for the night. Return to Joonyoung in the morning.”

“Very well.”

Sowon followed after the maid who led them to two rooms, SinB was going to go in the same room as Sowon, but was then instructed to go to another room. She looked pleadingly to Sowon who could only shrug.