pt 4

Moments with Her

When morning came and SinB stumbled out of her room in a hurry to see Sowon, she stood straight at attention when she saw Yerin in the hall.

“Good morning miss.”

“Where are you going to frantically this morning?”

“I…just need to see Sowon noona.”

“Need?”

SinB bit her lip, what kind of lie did she have to tell to avoid telling Yerin that she actually had a trauma where she needed to see Sowon in order to keep calm? After all, no one in her immediate family was alive anymore, she only had Sowon and she just needed to confirm that she wasn’t alone.

“J-just to make sure she hadn’t left me here alone on a prank.”

Yerin hummed, an odd response, but it didn’t bother her. Walking closer, she reached a hand out to place on SinB’s shoulder, the messenger could only hold still.

“I swear you look so feminine for a boy in puberty.”

“Th-that’s insulting.”

“I’m sorry, just-hm.  When Sowon comes out, you may leave back to Joonyoung. Even if you don’t want to work for me, I don’t want you working for him any longer, you’ll find out too many things that you don’t need to know when you work for him.”

“Huh?”

“Have a good day SinB.”

SinB watched as Yerin walked off, snapping out of it, she hurriedly got inside Sowon’s room, to find that she was still getting dressed.

“Oh my- oh it’s just you Eunbi ah.”

“Sorry, I got nervous and I woke up alone and-“

“It’s fine, come here.”

Hugging SinB and her hair soothingly, Sowon helped SinB return her heartrate back to normal. Calming down as she breathed the familiar smell of Sowon, she relaxed and let Sowon take care of her, straightening the way her jacket sat on her shoulders before fixing herself.

“Did the miss say anything?”

“She said we could go back to Joonyoung when you were ready.”

“Alright.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin watched from her office window as Sowon’s car pulled away beyond the front gates to her mansion.

“Yerin unnie.”

“Eunha.”

“You always said you weren’t straight, what’s up this time?”

Yerin looked away from the window to look at her sister with a perplexed expression.

“Maybe I like the feminine type? I never had any feelings for a boy like this before.”

“Well, I guess so, he does look at lot like Eunbi though.”

“Why’re you talking in third person?”

“No, not me, the missing heiress of Hwang empire.”

“Hwang Eunbi?”

“Yea, but it’s just me maybe, I just miss her so much.”

Yerin hugged Eunha, humming softly.

“You think I should finally go to those blind dates dad set up?”

“You could see if there’s another feminine boy there.”

“I should check their profiles then see.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“She rejected you again sir.”

“Of all the things, get her to give you a valid reason! Don’t come back with just a line of rejection!”

“Of course, but I was informed that she had business to do today. She didn’t want me to go back today.”

“Follow her! Go wherever she goes! Observe her and tell her all her good points!”

SinB kept a straight face as she stood in front of Joonyoung, he seemed to be getting angrier every time she came back.

“Tch, if she would just obey me, just like the Hwangs.”

Her eyes widened for a second before Sowon pulled her out of the room and apologized to Joonyoung saying that they had a hospital appointment for SinB’s headache.

“He’s a sickly boy? Get me another messenger if he doesn’t get better in two days.”

“Of course sir, it’s nothing serious.”

Sowon hurried SinB into the car and drove back to their home on the outskirts, SinB’s eyes were unfocused and her hands were shaking. Taking one hand off the wheel to hold SinB’s hand, Sowon tried to keep SinB grounded.

“Wh-what did he mean Sowon unnie? Just like the Hwangs?”

“Shhh shhh, calm down first. I’ll explain it to you when we’re inside.”

Parking smoothly and getting out of the car, Sowon helped SinB inside the house before drawing all the curtains. SinB sat in the living room on the couch, staring blankly in space. Sowon knelt at SinB’s feet, her hands taking SinB’s in her own.

“Listen, I chose there for a reason.”

“He’s the one who did it didn’t he?”

“Hey, we don’t have proof and I didn’t think he was going to just out and say it like that. For a murderer, he’s got loose lips.”

“But he’s the one who did it!”

Sowon hugged SinB tightly, holding her head flush against her collarbone.

“Calm down, please. Eunbi ah.”

SinB’s angry tears streamed down her cheeks as she remained unblinking, breathing erratically. Her hands shook as she gripped on the front of Sowon’s shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin sat unamused across from another marriage prospect that her father had picked. In his profile image, he had soft features and a cute look overall. Only, she didn’t feel like that changed the fact that he was a man.

“Are you upset over something Yerin ssi?”

“Yes. That you are born a boy.”

Grabbing her purse and leaving as he protested, and her guards stopped him from going after her, Yerin sat in the back of her car, waiting for her driver to come back from keeping the guy away. Looking back at her phone, she saw that her undercover agents sent her a compiled list of information on the Hwang heiress.

“He really does look like her.”

“I told you so.”

Tapping her chin Yerin shut her phone off and leaned back in her seat.

“Eunha yah?”

“Yes?”

Eunha who was in the row behind Yerin, laying across the seats.

“You think Joonyoung did it?”

“It’s not a matter of thinking, I know he did it.”

“What evidence do you have?”

“Only the kind that gets him arrested but not charged.”

Yerin sighed and put her arm over her eyes.

“For our biggest supporter and biggest partner to have gone down like this, even more, at the hands of this inexperienced idiot.”

“If only his hitmen weren’t so experienced.”

“I know. If we could get a spy in his house, we could do something about it maybe.”

“But that messenger boy you have a crush on took the last available job at that household.”

Yerin blushed and smacked Eunha’s arm, drawing a pained ‘ah!’ from her sister.

“You can just ask him to come to your side and be your spy, it’s easy Yerin unnie. Unless you’re so far in that you don’t want to dirty his hands?”

Yerin made an inhumane noise of discomfort as Eunha laughed.