if they met at an arcade

Moments with Her

Jae who had been away for suuuuper long, I don't even know if she still reads these updates and who cares but she was like, wheres my birthday present when she just got back and I'm like okay so okay. OK.

AU: the literal title :P

===================

"Yah, you coming with or not?"

Yerin hummed as she packed her backpack, Sowon was inviting her to go out somewhere, but she still hadn't said what. Nodding, she zipped her bag and offered her hand to Sowon who just sighed and took it. Yerin liked to be taken care of like a child, so it was pretty easy to get her to do things for you, so long as you treat her well, such as hold hands when going somewhere, patting her head and calling her cute, even feeding her candy worked. She liked to think that she wasn't too easy to take advantage of, but Sowon often scolded her that she was too nice to everyone.

"There's never such a thing called being too nice to anyone."

"Shush, did you have to agree to help others with their homework? Finish your own first."

Yerin pouted as she swung her arms, dragging Sowon with her.

"Well, teaching means I have a better understanding of the material, right?"

Sowon just sighed and stopped Yerin's arms by pulling her in the correct direction of where they were going.

"Today, you're going to win me five toys to trade up."

"Ey, unnie can do it just fine."

"No, I can't. And you know it. I'm just saving costs, and you like playing it but never actually want the toys."

"That's true."

Her hands were already itching to hook some prizes, her free hand's fingers wiggling as a warm up as they neared their neighborhood mall.

"Remember, I'm only funding you five successes."

"You just really want to give your girlfriend a nice present, not that I mind."

Sowon just groaned and shook her head as Yerin automatically gravitated to the claw machines without asking Sowon which prize she was aiming for. Well, to no matter, Sowon wasn't actually here for the present. She was actually here to set Yerin up on a date, the present was a secondary thing. A neighboring school friend had asked her to set someone up for their friend, and Chungha was a trusted friend, and Yerin always said she wanted to meet a cool and nice girl. Even when she went to go see who her ideal type was, a "pretty boy" was out of the picture, she scared the fortune teller quite a bit when she got mad.

"Come on Yerin ah, this way."

"Hm? Did they add more machines there?"

Innocently following behind Sowon, Yerin noticed that there was a mini crowd around a dancing game machine. Someone impressive must have been playing to gather such a crowd. Curious but wanting to follow Sowon more, Yerin couldn't help but sneak a glance.

"Where is she? I was told she would wait around..."

Not hearing Sowon's words, Yerin stared at the dancer. Looking over at the screen, it was one of those dancing games where you copied the mirror version of the character on the screen whilst wearing bracelets on your wrists and your feet had to hit the beats and slide accordingly to the buttons on screen, one level higher than just feet. It was dizzying to look at all the things on the screen at the level of the song that was playing, Yerin turned back to the dancer. She had a cap over her long hair that was tied in a low ponytail, her face was covered by a mask, but she didn't seem to have trouble with evening her breaths.

"Wow."

"Wow what? You- oh, you found her."

"Huh?"

Still, Yerin's eyes remained on this mysterious dancing girl. Sowon smirked a little when the intense song ended finally, clapping loudly, Sowon waved to the girl.

"Oh. Hello unnie."

The mysterious girl came over, immediately recognizing Sowon by her height, she had been told that someone as tall as a giant was going to bring her a girl that she was supposed to play nice with.

"Great, now you two have just met. My job is done. Be nice Yerin ah!"

Yerin cofusedly watched as Sowon jogged away, the masked girl before her seemed to know what was happening.

"Um, hi? I'm SinB."

"Hi. Do you...perhaps know what just happened?"

SinB grinned behind her mask, coolly removing her mask on one side, she revealed her smile.

"Well, I assume you're Yerin unnie and I'm supposedly here on a blind date set up by one of my sunbaes in my dance major."

Yerin's jaw dropped and SinB just casually pushed it back up with a finger before going back to the dance machine to grab her backpack and return the bracelets.

"Come on, we're suppsoedly on a date."

"I was supposed to win Sowon unnie a present!"

"Which kind?"

SinB took her hand easily, Yerin had the hold back the urge to blush. In a small voice, she replied.

"The claw machine kind."

"Did she tell you which one?"

"No, in fact she didn't."

"Will anyone do?"

SinB reached for a random claw machine, swiping her card already as Yerin watched.

"Ah wait that's not-"

The claw dropped and SinB laughed as it slipped as she predicted. All claw machines were rigged some way or another and she didn't spend the money to figure out each quirk.

"How should I do it then? Teach me."

Yerin fumbled her card, swiping it and looking at the plush white puppy that SinB had knocked over. Expertly moving the claw directly overhead, seh swung the claw back and forth a few times before pushing the drop button. SinB watched in awe as Yerin picked up the white puppy, dropped it in the prize hole, and handed it right to her.

"How?"

Yerin looked to the ground as she scratched her cheek.

"Um, sometimes the claws are sticky and so when you drop it goes down in an angle."

"Huh."

SinB took a breath thinking it through on how Yerin had managed to beat the rigged machine, in fact, the rubber tips of the claw were covered in a thin layer of tape to keep from adding grip. Yet, Yerin still managed to beat it by pure genius.

"I-I mean, you can dance real well."

"How about our second date be at a different place?"

"Huh?"

Yerin looked up, didn't SinB think of her as a gambler with how much expertise she had just exhibited with claw machines?

"I wonder how you act outside of an arcade, is that a no?"

Her grin was infectious as Yerin's smile grew.

"I'll go."

==============

eh. She never did tell me what kind of present she wanted so eh.