The Twelfth Night (But not really) pt 1

Moments with Her

Inspired by reading the twelfth night by shakespeare, but I'm too gay in the head to write hetero and totally not following the proper story btw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunbi hid carefully in small chest on the end of her bed, somehow, she had managed to fit herself inside it to hide from her attackers, she had been there for a very long time. It felt quiet, it seemed quiet, but she was never certain if her attackers had left yet out of fear.

“Eunbi! Eunbi ah! Oh my god, where is she?! Her body isn’t here the attackers are on the loose, what am I gonna do?!”

Hearing her bodyguard’s familiar voice, she peeked a small gap in the chest, very slowly. Seeing Sowon worriedly looking around the house and checking in the broken closets, she finally opened her hiding spot and revealed her battered self.

“Oh, my goodness you were hiding in there?!”

Sowon hugged her tightly, rubbing her hands on Eunbi’s back caringly. They remained that way for a while, Sowon making sure that Eunbi was alright, the other experiencing a rerun of what had happened.

“I-is mom and dad gone?”

“I’m sorry Eunbi ah, I’m so sorry.”

“Is brother dead too?”

Sowon only looked at her sadly, she had been away on orders from Eunbi’s father, delivering some important documents for their family business in a foreign country. Taking out the folder that she was supposed to deliver, she handed it to Eunbi.

“I was told to bring this somewhere Eunbi ah, but I got a call from your father to liquidate everything and gave me full control to do it. This is all that you have left Eunbi ah, I tried to come back as fast as I could.”

Eunbi shakily took the folder and opened it, finding several envelopes which each held several credit cards and several slips of large cash.

“Money?”

“All of your inheritance is placed in these accounts, all through our family broker bank insider. I’ve already received a complaint from the government, but it’ll be okay when I explain to them what happened. I’ll take a few of these to help them realize what really happened, it’s a good thing your father was a high-ranking man with lots of relations.”

Eunbi started to cry finally, her tears sliding down her cheeks.

“But because of that stupid high rank, he’s dead isn’t it.”

“I…I can’t say for sure, but you’re supposed to be dead.”

“Then take all this money away, it doesn’t belong to me. My father gave it all to you.”

“He gave it to me because he didn’t know if you would survive, and you are. And I still serve you, so take this money and let us go into hiding.”

Sowon pleaded for Eunbi to keep the money, getting on her knees and presenting the folder to her.

“I swear, all your family has done for me, but this is all I can do for you. Please, please let me care for you and please take your money.”

Eunbi rubbed her tears aside and knelt to Sowon’s level.

“Do you think I could get a job like yours? I could dress as a man to hide from the public.”

Sowon stared at Eunbi wide eyed.

“But you-“

“Please, or I won’t accept your help, my father wasn’t bright enough to hire more guards, more guards like you. But I really just want a quiet life now.”

Sowon sighed and stood up, pulling Eunbi with her.

“I will provide us a house, and I’ll see what I can do.”

Eunbi looked around the wreckage of the home that she had lived in for the last time, the bodies were all gone, leaving only the disgusting pools of blood. Following Sowon, they left to find a place to stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This is the house key, this is the address, this is one of your credit cards. I have to go see what I can do to find you a job and you need to get stuff to dress as a man. It’s what you wanted right?”

“Yes. I’ll be discreet.”

“I’ll be following behind secretly, they know that I was your bodyguard.”

“Alright.”

Eunbi stepped outside, she could have let Sowon get a job and provide for her as she stayed inside for the rest of the time until her family’s attackers were arrested and sent to jail, but she knew that wasn’t the life she wanted to live.

Shopping through the men’s section, using the excuse of getting things for her boyfriend, she managed to get several sets of clothing to match her. She also cut her hair short and observed the way men walked and talked, but she found them to be quite weird and obnoxious compared to her brother. Striving to be like her brother, she returned home where Sowon gave her a run down of what she had to do to.

“I’ll look for another guy to hire a boy messenger, he’ll only think of you as a boy in puberty so try not to speak with a high tone.”

Eunbi looked forwards with a dead look in her eyes, there was no emotion.

“We can wait until you feel better, we haven’t properly mourned your parents, and I have a lot to teach for you self-defense.”

==================

So, for those who do know what I'm talking about, Yerin is going to be an Olivia of sorts

then for those who don't remember or dont know, just wait for later's update where Yerin does appear :P