emotions pt 2

Moments with Her

because you asked for it

==================

Yerin breathed carefully throughout the class time, doing her best to not let her surroundings affect her focus on her studies. Ignore the boys who were feeling particularly perky and trying to get a girlfriend right off the start from break, ignore the girls who were also feeling like they needed a new boyfriend, ignore the longing and pitch dark- Yerin blinked as she felt the direction that this empty and sad emotion was emitted from. Looking behind her, Yerin blinked as she accidentally made eye contact with Hwang Eunbi, the new student. Quickly looking back forwards, Yerin blushed a little as a spark of happiness passed through her, even if it was to make fun of her most likely, happiness always felt nice.

Holding her hand over her heart, Yerin wondered where the darkness retreated to, since she no longer felt the pain, almost as if that spark of happiness had shoved it aside. Was it Eunbi that was sad, then saw Yerin make a fool of herself, get distracted and found a little piece of happiness?

"Yah, did you understand anything that he said?"

"o-oh?"

Yerin had forgotten about her seatmate, Sooyoung who was now emitting a slight worry. She didn't understand this teacher very well, how cute. Looking down at her notes though, Yerin realized that she had missed that part since she had been distracted by the pain of sadness. Still, she managed to figure out how to answer Sooyoung's worry because Sooyoung had the tendency to write everything down whether she understood it or not.

"As thanks you should let me copy your notes."

"No way! You're already smart enough just by looking at them, you don't need to outshine me that much!"

Yerin laughed along, feeling great from the teasing but happiness oozing from her friend.

"I'll see you after lunch!"

"Yeah! Wait, we have class together then too?"

"Of course we do silly!"

Yerin shrugged and waved as Sooyoung dashed out of the classroom, when that girl had seen her schedule, she had no clue, but Sooyoung never meant bad. A slight shiver went up her spine when some coldness seeped into her, indicating someone's loneliness. Quickly looking around once more, Yerin could only see a few students left in the classroom, Eunbi whom she had looked at earlier was halfway out the door. Rubbing her neck and shaking her head, Yerin hoped that whoever was lonely, was only lonely because they had wanted to stay home longer.

Not that hoping would help the chill go away.

Yerin found herself feeling the chills wherever she went all day today, and it turned out, Eunbi had to introduce herself in every class, which happened to match Yerin's, so they were practically together all day and was the one constant thing that kept in range of her. Timidly, Yerin walked over to Eunbi's desk once class was dismissed. The younger looked up slowly.

"How can I help you unnie?"

"A-ah....I...couldn't help but notice you were feeling lonely."

Eunbi smirked just a little, with her face, it was easy to come off as intimidating.

"Who said I was lonely?"

Her words were as sharp and as cold as ice, but the emotions that she emitted, Yerin could feel was surprise.

"I-I took a guess?"

"Don't tell me this is a pick up line."

"Wh-wha you're a girl!"

There was a little feeling of tease, but also a bit of caution. Well, it made sense since Eunbi had probably never been exposed like this to anyone before. Still, her giggle of a reaction produced small waves of warmth.

"I'm kidding, I did see you in all my classes today, so let's get along?"

"Y-yea, you can come to me if you need anything."

The chill had disappeared, and Yerin hoped that her guess was right, and that hopefully SinB would feel better if she helped her out.

--------------------

Yerin hung onto Umji's shoulders as they waddled along the sidewalk, Sowon and Yuju holding hands as Eunha whined about Yerin always hugging Umji the most.

"Hey, she's the one who's the most calm out of all of us. And I know how much this doesn't bother you."

"You and your weird magic again!"

"And now you feel jealousy."

"I do not!"

"Baffled but also kind of in awe? Aw, you like me that much Eunha?"

"I really don't!!!"

"Indignation. You're cute even when you're angry haha!"

Their small bickering was halted by Sowon who pulled Yerin off of Umji, handling her easily.

"Did you figure out why you could feel fear in the end?"

"No, but I found someone who was lonely and then made her smile!"

Yerin grinned like a kid getting praise from a parent as Sowon ruffled her hair softly.

"Always such a hero."

"I can't help it if it gives me chills okay? I gotta do something!"

"I still think you're amazing for being so strong."

"I'm not a gorilla."

Sowon laughed as Yerin smiled, she always had a talent of turning a meaningful conversation into something ridiculous. A breeze blew by and Yerin shivered as she felt a tinge of fear that quickly went away. Wind could not carry a person's emotions, but this wasn't a neighborhood she was familiar with, so she quickly followed her friends to the bus stop.

=================

i had forgotten this little gem :D