warmth

Moments with Her

SinB was humming, seated on their couch in the living room. It was a peaceful day, no mandatory schedules to do, only some time slots for the girls to take lessons if they felt like it or not, since it was still, technically, vacation.

"What should I eat today?"

Scrolling through her food app, SinB wondered if she should order something after all, was she feeling lazy to make her own food? Yes!

"SinB? Hwang Eunbi!"

Hearing her name being called frantically, SinB tossed her phone on the couch and went over, opening the unnieline's room to reveal a very cold Yerin. She was on her bed, her blanket bundled all the way around her, only her face was revealed. Noticing the different colors of blankets, SinB guessed that there were probably several layers of blankets there.

"Well you look absolutely freezing."

"I am! Could you help me fix the heater? I think Sojung unnie turned it on before she left but it keeps getting colder."

At that mention, SinB did realize that the unnieline room was much colder than their living room, despite that she had a thick jacket on from earlier when she had gone out on her morning run with Umji.

"Let me see."

Going over to the therrmostat, SinB checked that the heat was switched to on. Holding her hand over the vent, SinB found her issue, it was spewing cold air. Most likely, the heating part of the heater was broken, whether it was heat wires, heat coils or just a boiler, SinB didn't know.

"I don't think I can fix this one unnie."

"Really? Our father of the group has something that they can't fix? Impossible."

"For the last time, I understand that you relate fixing things to your father, but I am a girl thank you."

Yerin just grinned.

"I know you know that I know that."

"Try saying that five times fast."

Yerin just kept grinning.

"I'll call management and get them to find the company to fix it, for now, you should evacuate to the living room, it's less colder there."

"Thanks Eunbi ah."

"I didn't do anything."

Returning to her spot on the couch, SinB grabbed her phone to put it away properly for Yerin to continue sleeping. She knew that whenever there was nothing to do, Yerin would most likely, sleep away her time rather than do any hobbies. Moving to the kitchen, she made a cup of hot chocolate with the instant powder packs they had and sat down, holding it in her cold hands.

"Eunbi ah."

"What is it?"

"Come here."

SinB sighed and left her cup on the counter, Yerin gestured for her to sit on the couch.

"What's up? Not sleeping?"

"No, I am going to sleep."

"Okay, then why am I here."

"Because I'm not comfortable."

SinB crinkled her eyebrows at Yerin who just smiled and scooted a bit before laying down, her head in SinB's lap.

"Really? Lap pillow? I won't feel my legs later you know?"

"Aw shush, you love me."

SinB didn't reply, just relaxing against the back of the couch.

"If you say so."

After a while, when SinB had noticed that Yerin was fully in deep sleep, she remembered her hot chocolate in the kitchen. Wiggling a bit, she pulled out her phone and texted Umji, who was just outside with Yuju, on a lovely morning walk after their morning run.

To: Partner♥ (Yewonnie)

[Hey, when are you guys coming back?]

[Back? Why? Is something wrong?]

[No, nothing serious. It's just Yerin unnie is asleep on my lap]

[And I need you to make a phone call for me Yewon ah]

[Ah, being courteous is unlike you Hwang.]

[Aw shush, our first room's heater is broken, could you]

[help call management for me? Yerin unnie was freezing]

[Sure, anything for you, soft Eunbi.]

[Thanks, but don't call me soft.]

[Oh, and there's my hot chocolate in the kitchen]

[I didn't get to drink it yet, but I can't move.]

[LOL, do you want us to come back to give it to you?]

[No, It'll be fine. I'm just a bit bored sitting here.]

[But I won't bother your date anymore, have fun Yewon.]

[For the last time! It's not a DATE!]

[Yea yea, keep lying to yourself. Just date already. Bye :P]

Happily putting her phone down, SinB just held her giggles inside, Yumji was so real and she had front row seats to watch them stumble around each other.

"What are you silently happy about?"

"Hm? You're not sleeping?"

"Mm, I can't fall asleep for some reason."

SinB just hummed and pushed lightly at Yerin's shoulder, silently telling her to get off her lap. Grabbing her now semi-lukewarm hot chocolate, she drank it quickly before filling it with water and putting it in the sink to wash later.

"Unnie, follow me."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

SinB led Yerin to her room, they didn't turn the heater on because both weren't supposed to be back that early, but as Yerin waddled in with her blankets around herself, SinB turned the switch to the on position.

Yerin watched as SinB pulled back the blankets on her bed, motioning her over.

"You're letting me sleep on your bed?"

"What else does it look like? Put your blankets on the chair there."

Yerin smiled and obeyed, leaving her yellow blankets on SinB's chair and getting under SinB's covers quickly. Tucking her in, SinB patted the blanket lightly before heading back out.

"Where are you going?"

"Hm? Just going to read or something in the living room."

"You have nothing else to do?"

"Are you saying reading books is not beneficial to my intelligence?"

But still SinB was smiling.

"I'm saying you should sleep with me."

"Give me a good reason."

Yerin pondered for a second, tapping her chin, how could she use her charms to make SinB stay?

"If you sleep with me, you get to hug me in your arms."

"It's colder on the outside, besides, how full of yourself are you to think I want to hold you?"

Yerin just laughed, that was too be expected.

"Then, you get to be in my arms."

"Oh?"

"Come on, please? I'll hug you tightly and make sure you're all warm and fuzzy, I'll kiss your cheek and if you fall asleep first I'll whisper sweet nothings into your ear to help you have good dreams and-"

"Shush, if you do any of that, I'm leaving."

Yerin grinned and held the blanket up for SinB to get in. She lay down, her back facing Yerin. Yerin just giggled a little, tucking ehrself against SinB's back, her cheek pressed up against her.

"Thanks SinB ah."

"No problem."

Putting an arm around SinB's waist, Yerin happily yawned as SinB didn't resist, finally, more sleep.

=============

I saw, a demand for college au. maybe later, maybe tomorrow, but its now the next update :)

if you're interested in bothering me for updates, my twitter is @_So1derful_, I'm sure you all already know because of Esra unnie calling me by my name so often in the comment section, but yes, my name is Mich and my friends have all classified me as a mochi. Do note, that I haven't used twitter before, or I tried and still don't get it so, HI! haha