For us to be Reunited

Moments with Her

Yerin hummed as she swirled her champagne glass, she was attending a friend’s party. It had been on a whim, as well as having a free day, followed by a weekend among her preparations for her new work as a solo artist. Since the disbanding of Gfriend and signing with another company, she had been one of the first to move out of their still shared dorm, inevitably to meet her new schedules and working hours.

This also meant that the girls hadn’t met in person in a while, and they had been drifting a little bit apart since their living spaces were divided between two flats as well as the issue with leaving their homes during a time of crisis adding on top.

Here, at this party where Yerin was deciding whether or not to fully let loose in front of her friends and go all out, she had somehow found herself in a quiet space, no one seemed to approach her, not because they weren’t friendly, but because she had somehow secluded herself from their vision.

Looking out at the garden beneath the empty smaller balcony, Yerin swirled her champagne again, it was already quite flat with how long she had held it without sipping at it. Turning around to look back into the party, Yerin leaned on the railing as the loud music thundered. There was a dance floor and it seemed like everyone was starting to get heated up over something, or maybe someone.

“If you’re sorry for arriving late, then to make up for it, why don’t you and I have a dance battle?”

The sound of one of the numerous friends Yerin had made come booming out of a speaker, Yerin’s curiosity peaked and decided to go inside. She couldn’t hear whether this latecomer had replied, but the way that the music somehow got even louder, the way that the crowd seemed to spread out to leave a space in the middle and tried to get even louder than the music itself, this latecomer must have agreed.

Helped by another friend to find a nice opening to watch the dance battle from, Yerin froze as if time stopped. There, on the dance floor, was SinB, Hwang Eunbi. She hadn’t been told that she would have been attending when she had first asked the host who else might come.

The younger girl was as spectacular as ever, glimmering on the dance floor as if she were the only one with the right to be there, intending to blind everyone to everything but her.

“Happy?”

It was over too soon, SinB had moved off the dance floor when the clear victor had been decided and Yerin almost moved to chase after her. Almost.

What stopped her? Her lingering feelings for the younger girl that had been stewing since before Gfriend? Her embarrassment in not keeping better contact with each other besides their still popular group chatroom? They hadn’t talked one on one since the day that disbandment had been decided, Yerin felt she might not know what to talk about at all.

How was she doing? What did she plan on doing from now on? How much of that future could Yerin be a part of? Yerin finished her dull champagne and found herself another quiet corner to sit down. She could just leave the party if she wanted to think, but if she left, then there wouldn’t be another chance to talk with SinB unless she had really dared to reach out a branch and messaged her one on one.

“Oh? Yerin unnie!”

“O-oh?”

Looking up at the call of her name, Yerin’s eyes widened in surprise. Before her stood the sole person of her troubling thoughts.

“What a coincidence meeting you here unnie!”

“Yea, I noticed you came late though. Everything alright?”

SinB chuckled the exact same way that Yerin remembered, a shiver went down her spine.

“Traffic was just horrible when I tried to reach here from the studio.”

Yerin smiled, listening as SinB explained that she had been exercising some more recently and that she was also taking more dance lessons on new styles-

“So, you aren’t preparing for a solo debut?”

SinB paused for a moment, contemplating for a little while.

“Hm, this is a secret, but I haven’t made plans yet.”

The way she giggled like it was the lightest issue in the world made Yerin feel warm inside. Carefree and enjoying her life wherever it went, it was just so SinB.

“How about you unnie?”

“Oh, I’ve just been working on those shows I’ve got, since talking is my talent, I might even host my own show later on.”

“Really? You have to invite me on when it happens then, promise?”

“S-sure!”

Unlike the calm silence she had craved before on the small balcony, Yerin found herself wanting SinB’s company more and more. She had never felt this reinvigorated to be chatting with SinB like normal again, it was like they were just young girls dreaming of their future.

After all, people don’t know what they’re missing until it’s gone.

================

:") you guys keep coming back and leave me comments...