your heartbeat pt 2

Moments with Her

The number of odd things happening between SinB and herself had increased. Not only after their awkward night of sharing a bed and perhaps a slight misunderstanding that Yerin hopefully had passed off as a half awake reply that she had said in response to the lie that she had misheard SinB's question, but SinB had said it was fine.

That had bothered Yerin a lot the few nights after, and it was still there at the back of her mind, though not as prominent. What did SinB mean that it was fine? In terms of having thoughts about SinB, specifically inappropriate ones, was she so detached with imagination and reality that she didn't think anything was wrong with that, or feel any danger from sleeping in the same bed as Yerin? There was also the fact that they were already idols who had fans, it was inevitable to ignore the inappropriate comments along with the rest of the haters. Perhaps SinB was relating her emotions to the same level of adoration as a fan? That was the conclusion that Yerin had drawn before her attention had caught onto SinB's new habit.

"SinB?"

"Yeah?"

"Nothing..."

SinB seemed to sit next to her everywhere they went, this was not as obvious to Yerin, as they had a limited number of seats and so many people, it was possible for such a coincedence to happen so many times in a row, until she learned it wasn't a coincedence. Yewon had been beside her as SinB was getting her makeup done as they waited, as soon as SinB was finished, she had walked over and Yewon had immediately gotten up without being asked. Yerin's eyes followed Yewon until she had found a new seat, in Eunha's lap. This also wasn't the first time it was Yewon that had gotten up, also, Yewon seemed to be doing something on her own as well, which was why Yerin didn't have the heart to ask her why. Yewon was genuinely doing something she wanted to, and it was likely it wasn't because she didn't like sitting next to Yerin. But, dragging Yuju away with her, just confirmed her suspicions when it was then only just her and SinB on this wide couch.

Then again, if Yewon was doing somehting on her own, it didn't necessarily mean that SinB was doing something, maybe later she could grab Yewon and ask her about SinB, since the two 98liners were closer to each other naturally. Genius, why didn't she go to consult SinB's number one best friend when things had started to change and she could no longer read SinB? Sighing to herself, she accidentally caught SinB's attention.

"Why're you sighing?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking to myself."

"Hm."

Yerin calmly sat still, they still had to wait a little longer before moving to the next location. SinB seemed to shift a little more than necessary.

"What's with you?"

"I'm feeling a little sleepy."

"Oh, then take a nap, I'll wake you when it's time."

"..."

SinB turned to Yerin, but wasn't looking at her yet, when she did, it was another odd request of hers.

"Hey, can I borrow your lap?"

"Eh? I- sure."

SinB laid down carefully, placing a thin blanket over Yerin's thighs to as to not tickle her skin with her hair. She shuffled a little, adjusting her other blanket over herself. Yerin was busy with her thoughts, perhaps SinB was just being weird out of tiredness, her fatigue must be pushing her to make decisions she usually didn't, that had to be it.

This was in fact, SinB's second experiment. Since, the first test run of listening to Yerin's heartbeat had too many interferring parts that probably clouded her judgement of the experience. Instead of focusing on Yerin's heartbeat this time, she was going to test proximity. By sleeping on or near Yerin, if she calmed down, then the likeliness of the reason of her good sleep that day was Yerin's actual heartbeat would go down.

Closing her eyes and breathing in slowly, SinB noted that she could still smell Yerin even if there was a blanket barrier, this was just how close they were. How many more experiements would she have to go through to find the true answer? How many more lies is she going to tell herself? SinB flinched when Yerin's fingers pressed on her forehead.

"Ah, sorry, you were furrowing your brows."

SinB blinked and rolled over a little, looking up at Yerin's face.

"Does it bother you when it does?"

"Hn? Of course, that would mean something is bothering you, is it not?"

"..."

SinB rolled back over, hiding her warming cheeks, was she that easy to read? Still, she should just get rid of her thoughts and sleep when Yerin was letting her. Even if she kind of just ignored Yerin's semi question. It wasn't a direct question about whether something was bothering her after all, but a slight confirmation that SinB also, didn't oblige an answer to. closing her eyes again, she began to drift off. She could vaguely feel a slight touch to her head, but she was already too far into the dreamworld to realize what it was.

After SinB had rolled back over and begun to sleep properly, Yerin patted SinB's head softly, smoothing her slightly damaged hair against her head. If Yerin had to compare SinB to something these days, she was very much like a cat, curling up next to her in bed, wanting to sleep on her lap, maybe petting her head would make her purr, not. Still, it didn't wake SinB, so it was fine.

Now that she thought about it, didn't babies go to sleep better when you patted their stomachs when they're on their back and patting their backs when you were carrying them? It was cute of SinB to be showing such characteristics, also a welcome idea that SinB still maintained who she was to the core no matter her appearance.

"Sweet dreams Bi."

==============

I gave eswa the option to choose, heartbeat 2 or except one 3 and she said she didn't remember the plots.....

if you don't remember then read it again! otherwise I'll cry you know? hehe