your heartbeat

Moments with Her

Yerin had found it suspicious when she had found SinB in her bed one night, it wasn't like they had to share the bed in the hotel, but after declaring whose bed was whose, there was no way that SinB wasn't deliberately under her blanket, using another pillow, and looking at her like "what are you doing get in already".

"SinB?"

"Yeah?"

"Didn't we say that was my bed?"

"You don't want to share?"

"Well....I mean, you don't mind?"

"I don't."

Yerin mentally shrugged, if SinB didn't mind, then she didn't mind. Cuddling was always a good way to bring up her mood after all. Slipping under the covers, what happened next had earned her another confused situation. Rather than leaning her head on the pillow like how an average person sleeps, SinB had moved to lay atop her chest.

"SinB?"

"What?"

"This time I really have to ask."

"Go ahead."

"Why are you sleeping on my chest?"

"Do you mind?"

"Well, not really?"

"Then it's fine isn't it?"

"..."

SinB was avoiding to answer the question. Yerin pursed her lips thinking why SinB would ever not want to tell her the reason why. Was it something that she would feel uncomfortable about? That couldn't be it, since she had amused Yerin's question with an answer, in the form of a question. Was it something that SinB would be embarassed about? More likely, maybe she was having recurring nightmares or something, in that case, SinB was more than welcome to sleep with her.

Wrapping an arm around SinB's waist, Yerin shuffled to find a comfortable position, SinB wasn't heavy so it wasn't like it was hard to breathe, she just needed to get used to SinB touching her innocently. Right, innocently.

SinB nuzzled her cheek slightly as she pressed her ear to Yerin's chest. The other day, she had heard that there was a type of asmr, or whatever the new trend was for helping people sleep, and it was to listen to a heartbeat. The science behind it was that as a baby, you heard your mother's heartbeat endlessly until the day you were born. This was why babies fell asleep better when they were being held, because they could hear that familiar beating.

Reviews, said that they had the best sleep in a while, or that they coudn't ever sleep the same without it. Well, that was probably an exaggeration and well, SinB didn't find the appeal in listening to the ones found on the internet. It felt boring, well, boring but not enough to put her to sleep, rather it seemed to annoy her. Wanting to find out why everyone seemed to like listening to heartbeats, she decided to experiment with Yerin, not that she could tell her. It wasn't even that important, and well, SinB just lacked the effort needed to explain things to her best friend (whom she had a silent crush on).

"Calm down, your heart's too loud for me to sleep."

"S-sorry."

Yerin took a deep breath, holding her breath would only cause her own demise, why did SinB have to choose to sleep there? She got scolded for not regulating her heartbeat, when she didn't have the ability to so much about it anyways. SinB had always caught her eye, and yet, she didn't bring herself to do anything about it, as SinB seemed to respond to her coldly. Now that they were in the same bed, with SinB "innocently" sleeping on her chest, how could she calm down????

Regulating her breaths by counting, Yerin managed to bring her heartrate down a good amount, but every small twitch of SinB would send her mind reeling.

"H-hey SinB?"

"Yeah?"

"Could I ask you not to sleep ontop of me?"

"..."

SInB shifted away, dejectedly laying on a pillow. She had hoped that Yerin, their resident cuddly bear, wouldn't mind such skinship, of course, she would deny any other reason for choosing Yerin despite the obvious attraction she held for their second in command.

Yerin blinked as SinB had gone from cuddling up to her, to as far away from her as possible, and showing her back to Yerin. SinB was definitely being weird, if she pushed her, SinB would probably retreat back to her own bed. Hesitating but hating their distance, Yerin gripped the back of SinB's shirt, as a means to stop her from running away. Despite being the offhandish cold looking girl, SinB was a lot like a small animal.

"SinB ah."

"What?"

"You can still stick close to me you know?"

Sure, that sounded great, but it would defeat the purpose of the means of her research. If she asked properly, would Yerin say yes? Shuffling close, SinB let Yerin wrap her arm around her shoulders once more.

"SinB ah, were you having nightmares?"

"No?"

Yerin sighed and hugged SinB closely, inevitably bringing SinB's head to her chest, though they were on their sides and Yerin now had control on how much SinB leaned on her chest. This indirectly fulfilled SinB's wish to hear Yerin's heartbeat.

"Is there anything bothering you?"

"Not anymore."

"Huh."

Yerin waited, but SinB didn't seem to want to talk anymore, in fact, she seemed to fall asleep immediately.

"Was she just tired?"

Brushing SinB's bangs out of her eyes, Yerin stared for a little while before closing her eyes and sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB blinked when she woke up, the alarm next to her was ringing, and she needed to move to touch the screen of her phone. Once the annoying sound was gone, SinB naturally turned around to snuggle back the comfortable position she had been sleeping in. Eyes flashing open in realization, SinB looked around in her position, she didn't remember when she had fallen asleep. In fact, her last memory was....still talking to Yerin? Did she really pass out? Was....was it Yerin's heart?

Pressing her cheek to Yerin's chest and hearing the consistent thumping once more, SinB breathed in deeply. It was true, it was calming. Of course, there was also the matter that SinB had to consider that it was in fact, her super secret crush that she was wrapped in, like she could smell Yerin, she could feel Yerin, and she was just engulfed in Yerin. There were far too many other reasons why she could have fallen asleep that easily, especially for an insomniac like herself.

Hearing Yerin's breath hitch, SinB took to staring at Yerin's face as she woke up, the twitch of her eyebrows, one beautiful brown irise peeking out before the other, a tired groan and the arm that was around her shoulders moved so Yerin could rub her eyes.

"Morning SinB."

"Good morning unnie."

"Hh-aaah...did you sleep well?"

"Surprisingly."

Yerin nodded, still feeling sleepy despite her own body clock waking her up at this time, she had slept through SinB's alarm after all.

"Unnie."

"Yeah?"

"You wouldn't mind doing this again, right?"

"Of course not, but I would like to know what goes on in your mind more."

"..."

SinB looked at the ceiling. Yerin noticed, but chose to ignore it.

"I don't mind if you come crawling into my bed, but I might take it the wrong way you know?"

"Doesn't that mean you have impure thoughts about me in the first place?"

"Mm."

SinB turned her head to look at Yerin slowly, not exactly believing what she had just heard. Yerin herself matched SinB's gaze for a second before realizing her own words.

"Ah! No! I don't! I'm half asleep!"

SinB raised an eyebrow, but let it slide, looking back up at the ceiling.

"I don't mind."

"Y-you don't?"

"Mm."

Maybe SinB would confess one day. Maybe.

==================

instead of studying for my finals, what am I doing? indulging in my fantasies of course