gaze pt 2

Moments with Her

Yerin was spacing out on the bench, the teacher had declared it self study time, but a lot of the students left the classroom out of boredom since their teacher was the first to leave, no one would really get in trouble.

"I wonder why he wouldn't just send an email telling us we didn't need to come to his lecture."

Sowon sighed and leaned back in her chair, arms crossing behind her head as she relaxed.

"I get the feeling you're not listening to me again, but whatever, today's peace is worth it."

Talking to herself, Sowon then noticed that Yerin's eyes were actually fixed on a point somewhere, her mind wasn't completely lost in space. Sitting up, she looked in the direction Yerin was looking. Following the school building and checking every visible window on the way up, Sowon found what caught Yerin's attention. Sighing, Sowon got off the bench and pulled on Yerin's arm.

"Come on, I promised you that introduction."

"Huh? What's going on?"

"You were looking at her again."

"Me? Looking at who?"

"SinB, Hwang Eunbi. The girl on the roof who is listening to her music while staring into the distance like a emotional teen but not the kind that intends to jump and commit suicide?"

"Why do you always add a story to your comments?"

"Because I can."

Pulling Yerin as they got to the roof, Yerin halted when she saw SinB's back, her frozen legs stopping Sowon midstep as well.

"Jeez how the heck does a person who does no excercise have enough strength to stop another much taller person? It's as if you were born with hulk powers except you don't turn green or rip your clothes when you get and I quote 'ripped'."

Hearing Sowon's monnologue, SinB pulled out one earbud to see who had come to disturb her rooftop peace.

"Oh, hello Sowon unnie, Sowon unnie's friend."

"Hey Eunbi yah, where's Yewon?"

"She went to go buy a drink. Our class was dismissed early because of-"

"A midterm test right? I know, Yewon's been pretty worried about it."

SinB smiled, she was sometimes envious of the way Sowon treated Umji, having only an older brother whose living job basically was to annoy the crap out of her.

"I think we did well though, since we got out so early. Why are you unnies out so early?"

"Our teacher decided to bounce so we were wandering outsi- Yerin? Earth to Yerin? I swear, I'm going to slap you in the cheek if you don't come to your senses right now."

SinB giggled as Yerin yelped from Sowon's hand slapped Yerin's bottom first before aiming for her face to which she started to run around the roof to avoid.

"Come back here you ungrateful brat!"

Sowon chased Yerin around the roof top, their playful screams and drataic acts made SinB laugh, even when Yerin decided to use her as a shield without thinking. Umji just sighed as she returned to the roof, already hearing their noisiness from the stairwell.

"You know you guys are really noisy and that someone is going to....wait a second."

Quietly, Umji followed as Yerin and SinB backed up near a bench on the roof, deeming it safe to knock them over and onto the bench, Umji jumped up with a loud noise, they hadn't noticed her and predictably, fell onto the bench. Peeking open her eyes when the sounds of pain ended, Umji hurried to Sowon and tugged her aside to hide behind the door of the roof to the stairwell.

"What did you-"

"Shhhh unnie, SinB seems to have taken a liking to Yerin unnie."

"Ehh? For reals?"

"Something about always needing to be taken care of is just her type or something like that."

Sowon sighed and sat down on the floor, beckoning Umji to sit on her lap. Blushing but still obeying, Umji allowed Sowon to wrap her arms around her frame.

"SinB thinks you're my real older sister."

"Ehh? Should I flirt with you more?"

They giggled, ignoring the awkward silence on the other side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um, are you alright?"

Yerin lay on her back, SinB above her as she had managed to stop herself from colliding into Yerin by putting her hands out just in time to catch the bench.

"Y-yea, I'm fine. You?"

SinB smiled, standing up properly, she offered Yerin a hand to get up.

"Perfect. I didn't think Yewon had the guts to do that to me, sorry Yerin unnie."

"Guts? Why? What for?"

Yerin blinked as a slight pinkness started to show on SinB's cheeks, the younger looked away for a bit, biting her lip slightly.

"I think the idea was to get us to kiss."

"The cliche fall onto the lips?"

SinB nodded.

"She did that on purpose? Why?"

Yerin was confused, maybe it was because her brain was dead whenever she was this close to a girl she liked, or did that mean that either Umji knew that she had a crush on SinB, or the other way around? She hadn't told Umji about her crush though, in fact, she never said it out loud to anyone. Was she that obvious?

But then it hit Yerin, SinB specifically said "the guts to do that to me", in her head, Yerin marked the word "me" in red alert.

"You see..."

Yerin immediately snapped to attention at SinB's hesitance.

"I have a little crush on you."

Yerin blinked, frozen in place.

"See? Look at you, frozen just like last time. I find that reaction cute, your clumsiness too. Ah, I guess that would be a little creepy to say huh, makes it sound like I'm always watching you."

"Th-that's fine because I'm also....always staring at you..."

Her words diminished to mumbles as SinB's gaze had settled on her again, taking her breath away once more.

"Really? Then what do you think of me?"

"....you're really pretty."

"I'm often told that I'm handsome, so thank you, for calling me pretty."

"Huh?"

"It's nothing really, people just assume that if I get a girlfriend, I am the boyfriend. It's just, nice to be treated as a girl you know?"

Yerin saw the slight sadness in her eyes as she spoke, people were really too mean. Just because you thought a person was handsome, didn't mean that they were immediately a boy.

"Let me correct my statement."

"Hm?"

"SinB ah, you're beautiful."

"Thank you?"

"Would you date me?"

SinB stared at Yerin hard, was this pretty and clumsy unnie being serious?

"For real?"

Yerin nodded, not trusting her voice after confessing like that. SinB drew close, Yerin nervously stepped back a step, forgetting the bench that was in the way and lost her balance, but SinB's strong arms caught her before she hurt her back once more.

"Geez, you're even more clumsier than I thought."

"S-sorry."

"I'll just have to take care of you then, don't I?"

Yerin's eyes widened as SinB kissed her cheek, staring as SinB pulled back with a smile.

"And yes you dork, that means yes."